An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something I Will Think About

Resurrexi

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944769' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:45 PM']What kind of girl in her right mind would want a Solemn High Mass in the extraordinary form for her wedding?[/quote]

:mellow: Why on earth would a girl [i]not[/i] want one? Unless, of course, she really had her heart sent on something like the one that's been on YouTube the last couple of weeks.

I would be embarrassed when I got older looking back at a crazy entrance to my wedding like that.

Nothing embarrassing about a beautiful mass though!

Anyway, Rex... I think you have good taste in women. I agree with Marie Therese... there has to be someone that will think your fascination with Canon Law and King Louis is dreamy. I would maybe hold off on mentioning the blessing of the bed at first though.

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944769' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:45 PM']What kind of girl in her right mind would want a Solemn High Mass in the extraordinary form for her wedding?[/quote]

*raises hand*

Just because I want it doesn't mean it'll happen, though.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1945090' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:13 AM']:mellow: Why on earth would a girl [i]not[/i] want one? Unless, of course, she really had her heart sent on something like the one that's been on YouTube the last couple of weeks.[/quote]
Maybe they want a simple ceremony in a humble old Novus Ordo. :mellow:

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944769' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:45 PM']What kind of girl in her right mind would want a Solemn High Mass in the extraordinary form for her wedding?[/quote]

:mellow:

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944769' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:45 PM']What kind of girl in her right mind would want a Solemn High Mass in the extraordinary form for her wedding?[/quote]
I've seen it happen before.

[quote name='XIX' post='1945132' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:26 AM']I've seen it happen before.[/quote]

I've been to several EF weddings. Unfortunately, the couples were never able to get clerics trained to perform the duties of deacon and subdeacon. :sadwalk:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945135' date='Aug 10 2009, 01:27 AM']I've been to several EF weddings. Unfortunately, the couples were never able to get clerics trained to perform the duties of deacon and subdeacon. :sadwalk:[/quote]

Not many people are trained in the arts. :mellow: With vocations on the rise and renewed outlook on the Extraordinary Form, hope to see more Latin Masses with the full works.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/incubus/track/stellar"]Incubus - Stellar[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Nihil Obstat

There's a High Mass celebrated every week at a church on the opposite end of the city.
I want to go sometime in the near future, but I don't know what to do at an EF Mass.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945092' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:15 PM']Maybe they want a simple ceremony in a humble old Novus Ordo. :mellow:[/quote]

That is possible. I was just a little surprised txdinghysailor thought anyone who would want a solemn high mass would not be in her right mind.

Personally, I absolutely love the solemn high mass... but I don't know if I would be familiar enough with it to have it at my wedding. I definitely would consider the EF though. And I'm pretty sure I'm in my right mind. I think.

A simple, reverent NO could be just as beautiful though.

It's a good thing I don't need to think about this anytime soon.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945135' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:27 PM']I've been to several EF weddings. Unfortunately, the couples were never able to get clerics trained to perform the duties of deacon and subdeacon. :sadwalk:[/quote]

That could get in the way. Surely you know plenty that could do it though? ;)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945149' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:32 PM']There's a High Mass celebrated every week at a church on the opposite end of the city.
I want to go sometime in the near future, but I don't know what to do at an EF Mass.[/quote]

The nice thing about the EF is there aren't rubrics for the faithful. You can do what you feel most comfortable with.

I know for myself, it helped me to not try to follow in the missal at first... I got a much greater appreciation of it, felt I got more out of it and prayed better when I just watched and let it soak in, kind of, then when I tried to follow in the missal, which I found frustrating. But that was just me...

Of course, there are customs for when to stand, and everything, but it's pretty easy to just follow what everyone else is doing. Except that, because there aren't set rubrics, you will often find that people aren't doing the same thing all the time.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1945155' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:39 AM']The nice thing about the EF is there aren't rubrics for the faithful. You can do what you feel most comfortable with.

I know for myself, it helped me to not try to follow in the missal at first... I got a much greater appreciation of it, felt I got more out of it and prayed better when I just watched and let it soak in, kind of, then when I tried to follow in the missal, which I found frustrating. But that was just me...

Of course, there are customs for when to stand, and everything, but it's pretty easy to just follow what everyone else is doing. Except that, because there aren't set rubrics, you will often find that people aren't doing the same thing all the time.[/quote]
I definitely did not realize that. Seems a little disorienting. :)
Are there parts where you're supposed to say anything?
Basically, and I know it's a silly thing to worry about at Church, I don't want to feel horribly out of place. Like most young people, I'm afraid of public humiliation.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945159' date='Aug 10 2009, 01:42 AM']I definitely did not realize that. Seems a little disorienting. :)
Are there parts where you're supposed to say anything?
Basically, and I know it's a silly thing to worry about at Church, I don't want to feel horribly out of place. Like most young people, I'm afraid of public humiliation.[/quote]
Quite a few...

Priest: Dominus vobiscum
People: Et cum spirito tuo

uhh...

priest: kirie eleison
people: kirie...
priest: kirie
people: Christe eleison
priest: Christe...
People: Christe...
priest: kirie...
people: kirie...
priest: kirie...

Many of the ordinaries are said. the creed, gloria, etc. NOT the Pater Noster. You'll enjoy it. take a bus and go on out sometime :)

And yeah, Cat and I already decided: Nuptual High Mass. Hands down. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945159' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:42 AM']Are there parts where you're supposed to say anything?[/quote]

That's up to you. :)

The faithful are recommended, but not required, to chant or say the responses.

:above:

What they said. If you do want to, you would say the same things that the server does... when they say the confiteor, you would, when they respond to the sign of peace, you do, and so on. Generally you would do so quietly at a low mass, and in a louder voice at a high mass.

You also don't say anything when you receive Holy Communion. But of course, if you accidentally say "Amen," no one is going to yell at you...

The priest will say a blessing before giving each person Holy Communion "Corpus Domini Nostri Jesu Christi custodiat animam tuam in vitam aeternam. Amen." (May the Body of Our Lord Jesus Christ bring your soul into life everlasting. Amen."