An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something I Will Think About

Resurrexi

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945225' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:10 AM']YES, tomb. Y'know... the spot where he's still dead.[/quote]

It would be so neat to be go there and venerated the sacred relics of St. Edward.

Canonized kings are [i]so[/i] cool.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945235' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:43 AM']The audio tour told us not to go up any closer. Only private tours got to go right up to his effigy. :annoyed:[/quote]

I totally would have gone up to the someone working at the Abbey say that I am a pilgrim coming to Westminster Abbey in order to venerate the sacred bones of St. Edward, King of England.

Who could refuse that?

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

Again, there wasn't much religious about the trip. :(

When I go to the Vatican, it's going to be a PILGRIMAGE, not a vacation!!!!!!!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945250' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:59 AM']Again, there wasn't much religious about the trip. :(

When I go to the Vatican, it's going to be a PILGRIMAGE, not a vacation!!!!!!![/quote]

I turn all of our family vacations into pilgrimages.

:mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945254' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:03 AM']I turn all of our family vacations into pilgrimages.

:mellow:[/quote]
You're a fortunate young man. :annoyed:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945255' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:03 AM']You're a fortunate young man. :annoyed:[/quote]

This discussion reminds me of [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc8XPv_qstA"]something[/url]...

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1945367' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:52 AM']I was very struck by the symbolism of a priest at an EF mass having to force a host into someone's mouth.[/quote]

:huh:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945699' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:34 PM']Dude... that's deep. My mind is blown.[/quote]

:huh:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945707' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:47 PM']What? Do you disagree?[/quote]

I don't see the symbolism.