saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 Hey guys, My college residence is planning an epic Halloween party in an old, abandoned church. It will be messy, sleazy and drunken kids will probably be in various states of undress by the end of the night. I'm really not comfortable with all of this occurring on what I consider Holy Ground (even if the church is now disused), and I really don't want to attend; however, I have to go since I'm a Resident Assistant, and we have to be at every event. Any advice as to what I should do? Cheers xx
Chestertonian Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='saintbernie' date='04 October 2009 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1254712696' post='1977881'] Hey guys, My college residence is planning an epic Halloween party in an old, abandoned church. It will be messy, sleazy and drunken kids will probably be in various states of undress by the end of the night. I'm really not comfortable with all of this occurring on what I consider Holy Ground (even if the church is now disused), and I really don't want to attend; however, I have to go since I'm a Resident Assistant, and we have to be at every event. Any advice as to what I should do? Cheers xx [/quote] I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either.Any chance you could talk em into having it elsewhere? BTW, I love your signature.
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Chestertonian' date='04 October 2009 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1254713260' post='1977889'] I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either.Any chance you could talk em into having it elsewhere? BTW, I love your signature. [/quote] you love her avatar.
Vincent Vega Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 October 2009 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1254713297' post='1977890'] Was it a Catholic parish? [/quote] This.
mommas_boy Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='saintbernie' date='04 October 2009 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1254712696' post='1977881'] Hey guys, My college residence is planning an epic Halloween party in an old, abandoned church. It will be messy, sleazy and drunken kids will probably be in various states of undress by the end of the night. I'm really not comfortable with all of this occurring on what I consider Holy Ground (even if the church is now disused), and I really don't want to attend; however, I have to go since I'm a Resident Assistant, and we have to be at every event. Any advice as to what I should do? Cheers xx [/quote] Regardless of whether or not it's held at a church, it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that a college or university would want to affiliate itself with, let alone any Christian. Still, it's said that the first thing that St. Louis de Montfort would do upon entering a new town would be to venture out to the local brothel, throw people out, and hear confessions. There may be some good for you to do there, especially in watching out for the young women at the party and making sure that people get home safe. But, your primary concern should always be for the sanctity of your soul.
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Chestertonian' date='05 October 2009 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1254713260' post='1977889'] I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either.Any chance you could talk em into having it elsewhere? BTW, I love your signature. [/quote] Haha, thanks! JPII is THE MAN. Hm, I believe everything's already been pretty much organised, so I don't think talking to the execs of the Residents' Committee can change anything. All of them think it's a great idea, because the church is kind of creepy, apparently. Thanks for your reply!
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 October 2009 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1254713297' post='1977890'] Was it a Catholic parish? [/quote] I don't think it's a Catholic parish.
jmjtina Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 take your rosary. If they can't treat it reverently, at least you can. Even walking into the Alamo makes you want to genuflect. BTW, who owns the Church? If it is the diocese, I would go there to ask that they revoke the use of it.
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='05 October 2009 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1254713421' post='1977893'] This. [/quote] I don't think so, but does that matter?
HisChildForever Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='mommas_boy' date='04 October 2009 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1254713731' post='1977896'] Regardless of whether or not it's held at a church, it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that a college or university would want to affiliate itself with, let alone any Christian. Still, it's said that the first thing that St. Louis de Montfort would do upon entering a new town would be to venture out to the local brothel, throw people out, and hear confessions. There may be some good for you to do there, especially in watching out for the young women at the party and making sure that people get home safe. But, your primary concern should always be for the sanctity of your soul. [/quote] Agreed. Picking a modest costume and serving as a good example is really all you can do (if your duties demand your attendance).
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='mommas_boy' date='05 October 2009 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1254713731' post='1977896'] Regardless of whether or not it's held at a church, it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that a college or university would want to affiliate itself with, let alone any Christian. Still, it's said that the first thing that St. Louis de Montfort would do upon entering a new town would be to venture out to the local brothel, throw people out, and hear confessions. There may be some good for you to do there, especially in watching out for the young women at the party and making sure that people get home safe. But, your primary concern should always be for the sanctity of your soul. [/quote] Most of the religious Christians I know are not going, understandably. You know, I think you're right... maybe I can be on sober patrol and actually do some good there! God wouldn't have given me this if He knew I couldn't handle it. Cheers!
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='jmjtina' date='05 October 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1254713988' post='1977902'] take your rosary. If they can't treat it reverently, at least you can. Even walking into the Alamo makes you want to genuflect. BTW, who owns the Church? If it is the diocese, I would go there to ask that they revoke the use of it. [/quote] I don't think it's a Catholic church. Great advice - I'll definitely bring my rosary. Cheers.
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1254713369' post='1977892'] you love her avatar. [/quote] BAHAHAHAHA. Thanks?
Guest Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='04 October 2009 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1254713369' post='1977892'] you love her avatar. [/quote] this
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Chestertonian' date='05 October 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1254715831' post='1977931'] <---- is happily married [/quote] You still flirted.
mommas_boy Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1254715938' post='1977933'] You still flirted. [/quote] Ya know, the young lady in question is new to the phorum ... Welcome saintbernie! LOL ....
Guest Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 (edited) Saubtbernie You are really beautiful. I needed to toss that pebble out in the pond. It's important I conveighed that. I hope you stick around. There's this guy named EraMight I want you to meet. He's a special guy. Edited October 5, 2009 by Guest
Guest Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 (edited) double sorry gang Edited October 5, 2009 by Guest
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now