ardillacid Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Delivery Boy' date='05 October 2009 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1254719966' post='1978027'] I'm looking for a wife. Let me know. [/quote]
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='05 October 2009 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1254721250' post='1978054'] Perhaps you could dress as a saint for the event? [/quote] Possibly, to counter the 'slutty nun' and 'naughty angel' costumes... And perhaps dressing up as a saint will discourage me from engaging in any drunken debauchery... not that I was realistically going to, anyways.
Archaeology cat Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 You can always use The Bad Catholic's Guide to Good Living and take their idea for a Purgatory Party on Hallowe'en.
saintbernie Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='05 October 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1254726939' post='1978077'] You can always use The Bad Catholic's Guide to Good Living and take their idea for a Purgatory Party on Hallowe'en. [/quote] LOL - Gold.
mommas_boy Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 So, this thread just totally spammed the inbox on my blackberry with about 50 reply emails. I was laying in bed, trying to sleep, and all I hear throughout the night is "beep" ... "beep". I was so totally hoping to come back to a great debate. And ... no.
OraProMe Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 All you guys need to stop drooling. Besides she lives closest to me so if anyone's going to marry her.......
StColette Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I think it would be inappropriate to have such a party in any type of Church whether it be Catholic or Protestant. While the sense of the sacred may be different between Protestants and Catholics, I doubt many Protestants would approve of such a party taking place in one of their facilities, even if it is no longer being used. I think it would be a little different if it were a church function without the possibility of drunkenness and possible debauchery.
ardillacid Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I think of far greater concern is the overindulgence in the usage of 'debauchery'.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='notardillacid' date='05 October 2009 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1254763374' post='1978277'] I think of far greater concern is the overindulgence in the usage of 'debauchery'. [/quote] It is a pretty fun word to use.
Slappo Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='StColette' date='05 October 2009 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1254752064' post='1978181'] I think it would be inappropriate to have such a party in any type of Church whether it be Catholic or Protestant. While the sense of the sacred may be different between Protestants and Catholics, I doubt many Protestants would approve of such a party taking place in one of their facilities, even if it is no longer being used. I think it would be a little different if it were a church function without the possibility of drunkenness and possible debauchery. [/quote] Technically the sense of the sacred that you can find in a Protestant ecclessial community building (as that's what it really is), is only the same sacredness you find within all of creation, which is different from the sacredness of a Catholic (or Orthodox) church which has been blessed. However, on that note, like I said, all of creation is sacred [b]therefore no such party should take place whatsoever because all of creation is sacred[/b] A final option would be to boycott the party as an RA to let the school know you will not participate in such perverse activities sponsored by the school. It may get you fired, but that is the persecution of a Christian.
perfectunion33 Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='saintbernie' date='04 October 2009 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1254712696' post='1977881'] Hey guys, My college residence is planning an epic Halloween party in an old, abandoned church. It will be messy, sleazy and drunken kids will probably be in various states of undress by the end of the night. I'm really not comfortable with all of this occurring on what I consider Holy Ground (even if the church is now disused), and I really don't want to attend; however, I have to go since I'm a Resident Assistant, and we have to be at every event. Any advice as to what I should do? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img] Cheers xx [/quote] My first advice would be to change your pic on here, it's a little too immodest. Secondly, I don't think you should attend any kind of parties where people will be stripping and committing fornication. Always keep in mind, what would please God most.
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [img]http://weblog.javazen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/burka.jpg[/img]
ardillacid Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='perfectunion33' date='05 October 2009 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1254767170' post='1978314'] My first advice would be to change your pic on here, it's a little too immodest. Secondly, I don't think you should attend any kind of parties where people will be stripping and committing fornication. Always keep in mind, what would please God most. [/quote] In what twisted universe of yours is that photograph immodest?
ardillacid Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1254767310' post='1978316'] [img]http://weblog.javazen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/burka.jpg[/img] [/quote] You're too quick. Don't you have a job or something?
ardillacid Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1254767412' post='1978319'] Jealousy is a green-eyed monster. [/quote] Indeed. Where can I apply for this job that allows unlimited phatmassing?
perfectunion33 Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='notardillacid' date='05 October 2009 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1254767340' post='1978317'] In what twisted universe of yours is that photograph immodest? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] [/quote] The one that God created, sanctified, and sustains.
perfectunion33 Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 This is a [b][u]CATHOLIC[/u][/b] site, please take your immorality to myspace.
mommas_boy Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 (edited) [quote name='notardillacid' date='05 October 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1254767340' post='1978317'] In what twisted universe of yours is that photograph immodest? [/quote] Well, I will point out that by my count, there have been no less than 8 distasteful comments directed toward a new member of the phorums. Regardless of whether or not the avatar is immodest, the conduct of some men in this thread is unbecoming. I am certain that these comments were meant in jest, but I don't believe that they were necessary, especially seeing as they could have been easily misconstrued as sexual harassment by a complete stranger over the internet. Edited October 5, 2009 by mommas_boy
Sojourner Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I see nothing wrong with either the comments or St. Bernie's photo. I would be hard pressed to interpret anything that has been said as anything other than very mild flirtation, although perhaps St. Bernie feels differently.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now