Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost: The Final Season-- Discussion And ***spoilers***


Recommended Posts

Posted

two players,
two sides,
one is light,
one is dark.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Posted

[quote name='kafka' date='01 February 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1265074170' post='2049316']
two players,
two sides,
one is light,
one is dark.
[/quote]

and one is now dead


...unless of course the timeline was restarted
....is the dark side the smoke monster I wonder?

Posted

2morrow people...

my wife and i have chosen 2 record and start watching once the babies r down...so nobody call me up with spoilers...

Posted

ITS TONIGHT!!

I predict that after they show the first two minutes, Jack will wake up in the jungle on his back and hear Hurley yelling FOR THE THIRD TIME! It will be an homage to Groundhog's day.

Ephrem Augustine
Posted

I have class tonight when it starts.
Thank God for DVR
Alleluia!

Archaeology cat
Posted

I'm just hoping iTunes has it up quickly, since that's how we watch it (no TV service).

laetitia crucis
Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='02 February 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1265124539' post='2049692']
ITS TONIGHT!!

I predict that after they show the first two minutes, Jack will wake up in the jungle on his back and hear Hurley yelling FOR THE THIRD TIME! It will be an homage to Groundhog's day.
[/quote]

:rolling:

That would be TOO funny!

Posted

I saw the trailer for tonight's epy. Looks intense.

Posted

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='01 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1265082358' post='2049421']
and one is now dead


...unless of course the timeline was restarted
....is the dark side the smoke monster I wonder?
[/quote]
we shall see.

Remember there is a war coming, those were Widmore's own words.

Too bad though that this season couldnt be another nice little season on the beach like season one. It had its charm, but we have come a long way since. . .

Posted

sayid is trending in NYC!!! how about your area???

homeschoolmom
Posted

Questions... spoilers... and guesses....


It was great! I loved it! Finally I get to know what the heck ever happened to Cindy and the kids! I knew they had to show up eventually.

It's fun watching parallel stories-- what would have happened to 815... loved seeing Charlie, Claire and Boone (though I was peeking during the opening credits... should not do that....) and Dr. Arzt and Frogurt.

Can't quite figure out how our people can be in 2004 at LAX and in the "present" time of 2007 with "New Locke" about to smoke monster all over everyone.... Feeling really uncomfortable with the pirates as the "good guys." :unsure:

I'm guessing that we will come to realize that landing in LA is bad for everyone. I'm guessing Nadia will have married someone else (though she wasn't married when Sayid was one of the Oceanic Six... hmm.... ) And why is Desmond on 815? What's up with that? They must have changed enough of the history that he doesn't get sucked to the island to push numbers... Wonder if 2004 Losties will run into other people who don't end up on the Island (like Danielle, Ben or Juliet, for instance)...

Is Richard going to start aging now? Wasn't it said that he doesn't age because of Jacob?

And what about Walt? Will we see him again?

I think Rose and Bernard are the Adam and Eve skeletons.

homeschoolmom
Posted

More stuff...

Why does Jack have a hickey or cut or whatever on his neck on the plane?

And Desmond's backstory must have changed enough so that he doesn't go to the stadium and meet Jack, since they don't know each other on the plane... or is Jack trying to remember him from there?

laetitia crucis
Posted

I've been wondering about the "old" John Locke (the one found in the cargo) vs. the "new" John Locke aaaand the "dark man" in the beginning of "The Incident" (pt. 1)

Eloise Hawking said that it was necessary for John to be a substitute for Jack's dad (Christian) and therefore was needed to go back to the island with the rest of the Oceanic 6. I think the "dark man" was able to go back to the island on Flight 815 via Christian.

So. :detective: I think the "dark man" was able to take the form of John Locke once John left the island -- just to get back to the island to finally have Jacob murdered. (Perhaps the "dark man" was able to leave Smokey as a form or extension of himself to remain on the island...? Or Smokey's just the "dark man"'s pet guardian...)

Although, I must admit that if the "old" John Locke is indeed dead... :sadder: My heart weeps. I think he's probably my favorite character.

Hmmm... I also wonder if now Sayid will become "Evil Sayid"... kind of like how little Ben lost his innocence after being taken to the Temple. :scratchhead: But the water was dark this time... maybe a sign that the "dark man" has returned? Or perhaps a different effect on Sayid than Ben had? (I just want to know what the consequences were!!!)

On the LAX 2004 flight ("post" H-bomb) Hurley said, "I'm the luckiest person." (Or something like that.) Interesting. I was glad to see Desmond there, too. Anyone catch the book he was reading?

Okay... it's early... I think I'm still sleepy with images of "Lost" still playing in my head... I think I need some coffee. :coffee:

Not A Mallard
Posted

Wow...I can't wait for next week's episode.

laetitia crucis
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='03 February 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1265200242' post='2050332']
More stuff...

Why does Jack have a hickey or cut or whatever on his neck on the plane?

And Desmond's backstory must have changed enough so that he doesn't go to the stadium and meet Jack, since they don't know each other on the plane... or is Jack trying to remember him from there?
[/quote]

I think somehow the Losties will "remember" what happened... like when Desmond first began traveling between times and would have flashes of memories, you know? Little by little he'd remember his "present" time and the people there... hmmm... so very interesting!!!

I wondered about Jack's cut, too. I have no idea what to really think about that. Maybe people start bleeding from their necks this time around instead of their noses? :huh:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 February 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1265201196' post='2050333']
On the LAX 2004 flight ("post" H-bomb) Hurley said, "I'm the luckiest person." (Or something like that.) Interesting. I was glad to see Desmond there, too. Anyone catch the book he was reading? [/quote]

I didn't, but I tried... :sadder: I'm guessing it's Our Mutual Friend.

Think Sawyer's trying to warn Hurley that he's going to try to con him?

laetitia crucis
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='03 February 2010 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1265201724' post='2050337']
I didn't, but I tried... :sadder: I'm guessing it's Our Mutual Friend.

Think Sawyer's trying to warn Hurley that he's going to try to con him?
[/quote]

Did you see the title of the book leading to the Temple? (With the skeleton.) I think it was something by Kierkegaard... couldn't see very well. I'm wondering if it was "Fear and Trembling" -- THAT would be pretty cool.

I agree with you about Sawyer's possible intention of conning Hurley!

homeschoolmom
Posted

Just finished watching part one again. I had missed what Juliet said to Sawyer before she died. She said, "We can get coffee sometime... we can go Dutch." So I'm guessing we will see Juliet in parallel 2004 time because, as she tells Miles, "It worked."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...