hope4thenew Posted February 11, 2010 Author Posted February 11, 2010 ethan was killed by charlie so he could not have taken claire...and remember we saw claire chilling in the cabin on the rocking chair @ 1 point after she was missing...
Archaeology cat Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 Here's a question: was it really Jacob who appeared to Hurley this time? I mean, nemesis guy often appears as someone who has died, so is it possible that he's the one who appeared to Hurley and told him to take Sayid to the temple, with the purpose of infecting the people there? Another thought I had was that, one of the last times we saw Claire, she was with Christian Sheppard when he was giving instructions to Locke. Just thought that was interesting, since we now know that she's "infected".
laetitia crucis Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='12 February 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1265985133' post='2055823'] Here's a question: was it really Jacob who appeared to Hurley this time? I mean, nemesis guy often appears as someone who has died, so is it possible that he's the one who appeared to Hurley and told him to take Sayid to the temple, with the purpose of infecting the people there? Another thought I had was that, one of the last times we saw Claire, she was with Christian Sheppard when he was giving instructions to Locke. Just thought that was interesting, since we now know that she's "infected". [/quote] I think it was really Jacob who appeared to Hurley, but I also think you raise a great question! I mean if it was the Man in Black... that'd be pretty neat. I just wonder if this "infection" is really "bad" as the Temple people are making it out to be. What if the "infection" is what "frees" everyone under Jacob's previous power... Kind of like the Matrix in a way, you know? White rabbit, pills.. Since season one, I've thought that Christian would play an integral part of the show. Just something about him... He's gonna be huge.
kafka Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='12 February 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1265985133' post='2055823'] Here's a question: was it really Jacob who appeared to Hurley this time? I mean, nemesis guy often appears as someone who has died, so is it possible that he's the one who appeared to Hurley and told him to take Sayid to the temple, with the purpose of infecting the people there? Another thought I had was that, one of the last times we saw Claire, she was with Christian Sheppard when he was giving instructions to Locke. Just thought that was interesting, since we now know that she's "infected". [/quote] On the the first thought, yes that could be. Good to point out Christian. I think he was Black-man all this time, since he led Locke astray a few times into the grand loop-hole of setting up the murder of Jacob. He also led Jack. So it seems that both the good side (Jacob) and the bad side (Smokey) have had their influences leading up to their coming battle which involves the main characters. Here is a thought. The third episode of of Season 1 was 'Tabula Rasa' and Season 6 'What Kate Does' both Kate-centric so does this mean we are going to get a Locke-centric epy next week? Will he walk again, only this time after a resurrection? Or perhaps we will just get the schemes of Smokey appearing as Locke.
laetitia crucis Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 Looks like tonight's episode is going to be Locke-centric! Just saw this from the "Lost" Facebook group: [quote]Tonight's new episode titled "The Substitute" begins at 9|8c on ABC. On the Island, Locke needs help to further his cause - who will he seek out first? Also, an enhanced version of last weeks episode, "What Kate Does" airs at 8|7c.[/quote] Can't wait!
laetitia crucis Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 (edited) [quote name='kafka' date='12 February 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1266010987' post='2056066'] On the the first thought, yes that could be. Good to point out Christian. I think he was Black-man all this time, since he led Locke astray a few times into the grand loop-hole of setting up the murder of Jacob. He also led Jack. So it seems that both the good side (Jacob) and the bad side (Smokey) have had their influences leading up to their coming battle which involves the main characters. Here is a thought. The third episode of of Season 1 was 'Tabula Rasa' and Season 6 'What Kate Does' both Kate-centric so does this mean we are going to get a Locke-centric epy next week? Will he walk again, only this time after a resurrection? Or perhaps we will just get the schemes of Smokey appearing as Locke. [/quote] I'm really hoping to learn more about Christian for tonight's episode. After all, Locke's body was supposedly there to "substitute" for Christian's on the Ajira flight. What's so important about Christian? What's his role in the whole island mythology? Has Locke been a mere pawn this whole time? (That would make me sad. ) What's the extent of Christian's connection to Locke? To the Man in Black? To Jacob? There should be some major puzzle pieces filled in tonight. (At least, that's my hope! ) Edited February 16, 2010 by laetitia crucis
Archaeology cat Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 Hopefully iTunes will have it up when I get up in the morning.
Ephrem Augustine Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 Locke has been a pawn this whole time, smoke man in black made that clear didn't he? He is the one that told Richard Alpert that Locke was to be the new leader.
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 That was AWESOME. (And I was thrilled to see Ben in Alternative 2004... made me happy.)
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 [quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='16 February 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1266367181' post='2058115'] Locke has been a pawn this whole time, smoke man in black made that clear didn't he? He is the one that told Richard Alpert that Locke was to be the new leader. [/quote] I know.. it just makes me sad.
homeschoolmom Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 Loved seeing 2004 Ben... It figures he's an uptight history teacher. Is the mystery blond boy Aaron?
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 (edited) [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='16 February 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1266376137' post='2058162'] Loved seeing 2004 Ben... It figures he's an uptight history teacher. Is the mystery blond boy Aaron? [/quote] Isn't Aaron off the island in both "realities"? I think he's a young Jacob. -- Why else would "Locke" have been so frightened to see him? This is getting oh so interesting! The names, the numbers... I think somehow the beginning scene we had in "The Incident" with the Man in Black and Jacob will be set up again with new people to fill those roles. Maybe. Edited February 17, 2010 by laetitia crucis
homeschoolmom Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' date='16 February 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1266376377' post='2058163'] Isn't Aaron off the island in both "realities"? [/quote] Maybe he can bilocate like Walt can... and be old... [quote] The names, the numbers... I think somehow the beginning scene we had in "The Incident" with the Man in Black and Jacob will be set up again with new people to fill those roles. Maybe. [/quote] Sawyer and Jack?
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='16 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1266378469' post='2058175'] Maybe he can bilocate like Walt can... and be old... Sawyer and Jack? [/quote] Or maybe Jack and Christian? Or Ben and Locke? Or Jack and Locke? Those numbers are the same numbers that were on the hatch door... maybe "Locke" is going in order of the numbers to find the new "candidate"? Hmmm... I wish I could remember more of the names with the numbers. Ford = 4, Reyes = 8, Shepherd = 43? Caaan't remember... Anyhoo... I still have hopes for the real Locke's return, whether in the alternative 2004 or some kind of resurrection. Or to at least give John Locke a great purpose in life. I hate the idea of him being merely a pawn. Mainly because of this: When the Others say (in Latin): Question: ‘What lies in the shadow of the statue?’ Answer: ‘[b]He who will save us all[/b]’ Unless Christian's body happens to be found there, too... but I can only remember them burying Locke's body there.
homeschoolmom Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 No. no. no..... No resurrection of John Locke. He's dead. (Dead on the Island is dead, according to the producers...) He's buried. He's gone. We only have Smokey-John on the Island now. We can have alternate John in 2004, but that's it. Jack vs. Locke would make sense...
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='17 February 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1266414239' post='2058275'] No. no. no..... No resurrection of John Locke. He's dead. (Dead on the Island is dead, according to the producers...) He's buried. He's gone. We only have Smokey-John on the Island now. We can have alternate John in 2004, but that's it. Jack vs. Locke would make sense... [/quote] Ah, yes, homeschoolmom, you are absolutely right. I guess I just need to finish grieving and accept the original John Locke was a pawn. Sooo sad. Okay, so I will place my hope in alternate John! Or island Jack. And well, as far as on the island now, maybe Jack has become the new "Locke" in a sense, you know? No longer the "man of science", but the "man of faith" as Locke was... Hmmmm... ahhh! More answers! Tell us EVERYTHING Smokey-Locke!
homeschoolmom Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 Things I want to know that I'm afraid they won't tell me (at least not all of them): Why do pregnant women die on the island? Why were they researching pregnancies? How did Ethan go from DHARMA to Other? Why did he change his name from Goodspeed to Rom? Why was Cindy so quick to join the Others? Was she an Other all along or was she persuaded somehow? What's to happen to Rose and Bernard? They have to get re-involved in the story... they can't just live on the beach! Who are the Adam and Eve skeletons? Are they R and B? Why did the Others want Walt? Why does he have these powers? Why did Ben let them leave? Are their names crossed off? Walt's not dead, so he couldn't have been Smokey when he visited John... why can he bi-locate? What about Desmond? Is his name crossed off? Do they only get crossed off when they die? Is their story done?
laetitia crucis Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 (edited) [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='17 February 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1266414804' post='2058283'] Things I want to know that I'm afraid they won't tell me (at least not all of them): Why do pregnant women die on the island? Why were they researching pregnancies? How did Ethan go from DHARMA to Other? Why did he change his name from Goodspeed to Rom? Why was Cindy so quick to join the Others? Was she an Other all along or was she persuaded somehow? What's to happen to Rose and Bernard? They have to get re-involved in the story... they can't just live on the beach! Who are the Adam and Eve skeletons? Are they R and B? Why did the Others want Walt? Why does he have these powers? Why did Ben let them leave? Are their names crossed off? Walt's not dead, so he couldn't have been Smokey when he visited John... why can he bi-locate? What about Desmond? Is his name crossed off? Do they only get crossed off when they die? Is their story done? [/quote] Ooo -- good questions!!! I've wondered about many of those, too. In addition to your questions, I know this seems scrupulous, but I always wonder if there's any significance to why "DHARMA" is always capitalized. Is it an acronym for something else? I think Cindy was always an Other. Ethan...well, maybe he was always an Other, too? One that infiltrated DHARMA, maybe? Or maybe like Eloise Hawking? I have no idea on that one. I'd like to know Eloise's backstory. I think Rose and Bernard = Adam and Eve skeletons... they always wanted to stay on the island and didn't care how they died as long as they were together. If they died in '77 from the bomb, would their bodies be in the state Jack had found them in the original timeline? Plus those stones... one black, one white. Ooh, the powers of Walt! I forgot about that. Interesting... when Locke came to visit him off the island, Walt had a vision about Locke being on the beach in a suit surrounding by people wanting to kill him. Perhaps a "prophecy" to dead Locke's body in a suit on the beach.. ? However, I think the Others originally wanted Walt just because he was a child. They need people to replenish their ranks since the women can't have children. ? And I would think this pregnancy problem could be caused from the whole "healing"/magnetic properties of the island. Not really sure. I want to know more about the significance of the numbers. And Jacob and the Man in Black. And the black and white stones on the scale. Good times. Dude, and I forgot about Desmond! I think he's going to be important in how all this plays out somehow. I just don't know how. Haha! Edited February 17, 2010 by laetitia crucis
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now