An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost: The Final Season-- Discussion And ***spoilers***

hope4thenew

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hot stuff' date='10 February 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1265831883' post='2054810']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znhcnlfQ1P0&feature=rec-rn-1r-6-HM[/media]
[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

so Claire caught the "Sickness" when did she catch it?

perhaps when she was kidnapped by Ethan?

This is getting really deep. A lot of themes going back to the very beginning.

Edited by kafka

I loved the coherency. Sayid is tortured. Kate runs. Ethan and Claire with Kate and Aaron, remember Kate delivered the baby. Sawyer throws the ring in the water like Desmond threw his ring in (it even looked the same). Claire is now like Rouseau. I wonder if Rouseau caught the sickness and was in some way resilient to it or healed?

Edited by kafka

ethan was killed by charlie so he could not have taken claire...and remember we saw claire chilling in the cabin on the rocking chair @ 1 point after she was missing...

Archaeology cat

Here's a question: was it really Jacob who appeared to Hurley this time? I mean, nemesis guy often appears as someone who has died, so is it possible that he's the one who appeared to Hurley and told him to take Sayid to the temple, with the purpose of infecting the people there?

Another thought I had was that, one of the last times we saw Claire, she was with Christian Sheppard when he was giving instructions to Locke. Just thought that was interesting, since we now know that she's "infected".

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='12 February 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1265985133' post='2055823']
Here's a question: was it really Jacob who appeared to Hurley this time? I mean, nemesis guy often appears as someone who has died, so is it possible that he's the one who appeared to Hurley and told him to take Sayid to the temple, with the purpose of infecting the people there?

Another thought I had was that, one of the last times we saw Claire, she was with Christian Sheppard when he was giving instructions to Locke. Just thought that was interesting, since we now know that she's "infected".
[/quote]

I think it was really Jacob who appeared to Hurley, but I also think you raise a great question! :detective: I mean if it was the Man in Black... that'd be pretty neat. I just wonder if this "infection" is really "bad" as the Temple people are making it out to be. What if the "infection" is what "frees" everyone under Jacob's previous power... :scratchhead: Kind of like the Matrix in a way, you know? White rabbit, pills..

Since season one, I've thought that Christian would play an integral part of the show. Just something about him... :think: He's gonna be huge.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='12 February 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1265985133' post='2055823']

[/quote]
On the the first thought, yes that could be.

Good to point out Christian. I think he was Black-man all this time, since he led Locke astray a few times into the grand loop-hole of setting up the murder of Jacob. He also led Jack. So it seems that both the good side (Jacob) and the bad side (Smokey) have had their influences leading up to their coming battle which involves the main characters.

Here is a thought.

The third episode of of Season 1 was 'Tabula Rasa' and Season 6 'What Kate Does' both Kate-centric so does this mean we are going to get a Locke-centric epy next week? Will he walk again, only this time after a resurrection? Or perhaps we will just get the schemes of Smokey appearing as Locke.

laetitia crucis

Looks like tonight's episode is going to be Locke-centric! :woot: :yahoo:

Just saw this from the "Lost" Facebook group:

[quote]Tonight's new episode titled "The Substitute" begins at 9|8c on ABC. On the Island, Locke needs help to further his cause - who will he seek out first? Also, an enhanced version of last weeks episode, "What Kate Does" airs at 8|7c.[/quote]

Can't wait!
:tvhappy:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='kafka' date='12 February 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1266010987' post='2056066']
On the the first thought, yes that could be.

Good to point out Christian. I think he was Black-man all this time, since he led Locke astray a few times into the grand loop-hole of setting up the murder of Jacob. He also led Jack. So it seems that both the good side (Jacob) and the bad side (Smokey) have had their influences leading up to their coming battle which involves the main characters.

Here is a thought.

The third episode of of Season 1 was 'Tabula Rasa' and Season 6 'What Kate Does' both Kate-centric so does this mean we are going to get a Locke-centric epy next week? Will he walk again, only this time after a resurrection? Or perhaps we will just get the schemes of Smokey appearing as Locke.
[/quote]

I'm really hoping to learn more about Christian for tonight's episode. After all, Locke's body was supposedly there to "substitute" for Christian's on the Ajira flight. What's so important about Christian? What's his role in the whole island mythology? Has Locke been a mere pawn this whole time? (That would make me sad. :sadder: ) What's the extent of Christian's connection to Locke? To the Man in Black? To Jacob? :detective:

There should be some major puzzle pieces filled in tonight. (At least, that's my hope! :D )

Edited by laetitia crucis

Ephrem Augustine

Locke has been a pawn this whole time, smoke man in black made that clear didn't he?

He is the one that told Richard Alpert that Locke was to be the new leader.