An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost: The Final Season-- Discussion And ***spoilers***

hope4thenew

laetitia crucis

Hmmm... I feel like I don't have too much to say about this past episode ("The Lighthouse").

Except..

If this Fake-Locke-Man-In-Black-Smokey is Claire's "friend", I guess we can now speculate that Christian wasn't really speaking on behalf of Jacob all this time, but instead.... Smokey/MIB (who had taken the form of Christian). Perhaps the "darkness" has had the appearance of "light" the whole time while the real Jacob just sat back and watched from his lighthouse and MIB manipulated everyone into thinking he was really Jacob???

Hmmm... but then again, Jacob also left the island numerous times and "touched" people to bring them to the island. He's made an impact one way or another to bring the candidates to the island to replace himself. (But why would he need a replacement? I guess he knew MIB would break the rules and have him killed...)

:blink:

:idontknow:

Man... I was so hoping to hate the real Jacob. :duh:

And I wonder what Jack and Hurley would have seen in the mirrors at 108 -- maybe all the candidates together? The island's past? The creation of the entire universe? :P It's the sum of all the special numbers.... :detective: Nice number, eh?

Edited by laetitia crucis

homeschoolmom

Yeah, nice going, Jack... There was so much more that could have been seen. Maybe Hurley would have like to have seen what Jacob saw regarging him... Ever think of that, Jack?? Selfish, selfish Jack.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='24 February 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1267027968' post='2062402']
Yeah, nice going, Jack... There was so much more that could have been seen. Maybe Hurley would have like to have seen what Jacob saw regarging him... Ever think of that, Jack?? Selfish, selfish Jack.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Bad Jack. Go to your room.

:boink:

Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='24 February 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1267020946' post='2062366']
Hmmm... I feel like I don't have too much to say about this past episode ("The Lighthouse").

Except..

If this Fake-Locke-Man-In-Black-Smokey is Claire's "friend", I guess we can now speculate that Christian wasn't really speaking on behalf of Jacob all this time, but instead.... Smokey/MIB (who had taken the form of Christian). Perhaps the "darkness" has had the appearance of "light" the whole time while the real Jacob just sat back and watched from his lighthouse and MIB manipulated everyone into thinking he was really Jacob???

Hmmm... but then again, Jacob also left the island numerous times and "touched" people to bring them to the island. He's made an impact one way or another to bring the candidates to the island to replace himself. (But why would he need a replacement? I guess he knew MIB would break the rules and have him killed...)

:blink:

:idontknow:

Man... I was so hoping to hate the real Jacob. :duh:

And I wonder what Jack and Hurley would have seen in the mirrors at 108 -- maybe all the candidates together? The island's past? The creation of the entire universe? :P It's the sum of all the special numbers.... :detective: Nice number, eh?
[/quote]

I had been under the impression that Ben's Jacob in the cabin was never the real Jacob because Richard Alpert never had anything to do with it.

108?
Desmond Hume had to push the button every 108 seconds.
I immediately thought of him, it just never gave us a clue though.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='24 February 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1267029116' post='2062415']
I had been under the impression that Ben's Jacob in the cabin was never the real Jacob because Richard Alpert never had anything to do with it.

108?
Desmond Hume had to push the button every 108 seconds.
I immediately thought of him, it just never gave us a clue though.
[/quote]

True, true. Ben's Jacob -- I think -- was really the Man in Black the whole time. I question this previous "Jacob" and his instructions to the various leaders of the Others over time. Maybe Man in Black has been deceiving many for a long, long time disguised as Jacob. :idontknow:

I hope to see Desmond, Faraday, Eloise, and Widmore soon, though. Maybe some more pieces will come together with them.

How far and wide does the supposed darkness (and infection) stretch? (Kind of reminds me of the darkness over taking Middle Earth with Sauron's ever watchful eye... :nerd: )

My observations:

Chopin's fantasie-impromptu David was playing was the same one featured in the episode about Faraday last year when he was young.

Jacob definitely seems to me to be the good side at this point. I dont think there is any question.

I really like this episode. Seems like Jack found a little redemption in winning back the trust of his son, and this might foreshadow what he has to do on the Island.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='kafka' date='24 February 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1267046572' post='2062583']
My observations:

Chopin's fantasie-impromptu David was playing was the same one featured in the episode about Faraday last year when he was young.[/quote]

While seeing that, I literally yelled at the television "DAAAAAANIEL!!! HE PLAYED THAT!!!" :lol: Hahah! Glad someone else noticed, too!

[quote]Jacob definitely seems to me to be the good side at this point. I dont think there is any question.[/quote]

Agreed. And oddly enough, I think I'm okay about that. :hehe:

[quote]I really like this episode. Seems like Jack found a little redemption in winning back the trust of his son, and this might foreshadow what he has to do on the Island.[/quote]

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Jack/David bit at the end... almost got a little teary. :blush: Aaand, it was amusing to see Dogan (sp?? the Temple "leader") there at the auditions. Maybe Pierre Chang is running the jazz trumpet auditions. ;)

Oh, by the way "108" on lighthouse dial had "Wallace" next to it. Anyone know who that is? :huh:

Claire went "Jungle Boogie" on us...
and was that like a dog skull 4 her baby? somebody said mayb it's vincent!!!

i liked the ep...and it was episode 108

i also like Chopin...

Sigh. I caught up on the first five seasons of LOST last fall so I could follow this season, but now I'm more LOST than before. So many questions from season 1 up to now and they just seem to keep piling on more questions. Sure we get some small answers, but like those questions listed earlier, it feels like so much of what we already saw isn't fitting into the overall "conclusion" to the series. I really have no idea what is going on in this season so far.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='25 February 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1267074602' post='2062753']
Sigh. I caught up on the first five seasons of LOST last fall so I could follow this season, but now I'm more LOST than before. So many questions from season 1 up to now and they just seem to keep piling on more questions. Sure we get some small answers, but like those questions listed earlier, it feels like so much of what we already saw isn't fitting into the overall "conclusion" to the series. I really have no idea what is going on in this season so far.
[/quote]
Really? I don't feel that way. Maybe watching a marathon of episodes isn't the best way to watch it. I think it requires some time to digest, discuss, and congitate over.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hope4thenew' date='24 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1267069349' post='2062720']and was that like a dog skull 4 her baby? somebody said mayb it's vincent!!![/quote]

That would be horrible! :sadder:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='25 February 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1267098655' post='2062815']
That would be horrible! :sadder:
[/quote]

Agreed! :sadder:

I'm hoping it's a boar skull... I'd feel a little better about that. :sweat: