An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol

CrossCuT

PhuturePriest

R2 is objectively correct. How else do you think caffeine works? Does it power up all the mitochondria in your cell structures?

I_Have_The_Power.jpg

How does caffeine work, physiologically?

How does food work, physiologically?

Not simple (the brain is a complex little thingy), but straightforward.

So let me just get something straight, when the catechism talks about mind altering substances that are sinful, you think that involves everything that affects your mind in any way such as caffeine, chocolate, food that tastes good, tv, water, alcohol, sugar, any substance that can be eaten or inhaled or so on.  So your under the assumption this is all sinful since it alters your mind in the most technical terms.  You think the church actually meant it like you think?

fact is everything Jesus did is not sinful.  He consumed alcohol.  That automatically makes it not sinful to consume alcohol in general.  Going overboard on alcohol is sinful as it would be gluttony.  although alcohol is not sinful in of itself since Jesus consumed it.  Its simple facts if you believe Jesus was without sin.

You should work on msnbc, you would fit right in.  You have supported your opinion by research but your opinion is not scientific fact.  To claim otherwise shows you don't understand what scientific fact actually means.

I have stated opinions in this thread.

I have stated facts in this thread. Seems like youre the one confused. Go back and read my posts closer.

2291 The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.

2291 The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.

I could twist this to say that consuming the Eucharist itself is a sin if I wanted to.

I may not be Catholic, but I doubt the Church had the same strict interpretation you have when they wrote this.

Why dont they say "The use of drugs (Except alcohol cause Jesus drank it) inflicts very grave damage on human health and life". That would be more clear.

Alcohol is a drug too....and its terrible long term health effects...but I suppose its not considered "grave damage on human health and life" even though 40% of crimes are alcohol related.

Does this make sense to you? It doesnt make sense to me. 

So let me just get something straight, when the catechism talks about mind altering substances that are sinful, you think that involves everything that affects your mind in any way such as caffeine, chocolate, food that tastes good, tv, water, alcohol, sugar, any substance that can be eaten or inhaled or so on.  So your under the assumption this is all sinful since it alters your mind in the most technical terms.  You think the church actually meant it like you think?

Of course not. That would be silly.

Why dont they say "The use of drugs (Except alcohol cause Jesus drank it) inflicts very grave damage on human health and life". That would be more clear.

Alcohol is a drug too....and its terrible long term health effects...but I suppose its not considered "grave damage on human health and life" even though 40% of crimes are alcohol related.

Does this make sense to you? It doesnt make sense to me. 

No no no, you messed it all up. It goes "The use of drugs (Except alcohol because Jesus drank it, and except caffeine because c'mon, how else are we going to make it out of the house on time, and nicotine as well because... well, just because...)......". "rolleyes:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

No no no, you messed it all up. It goes "The use of drugs (Except alcohol because Jesus drank it, and except caffeine because c'mon, how else are we going to make it out of the house on time, and nicotine as well because... well, just because...)......". "rolleyes:

But...what about poptarts??????????????????  :cry:

But...what about poptarts??????????????????  :cry:

Not sure. According to Havok they are as mind-altering as caffeine, so I guess they need to go on the list too.

So it's just that people are threatened with assault, battery, and kidnapping for using marijuana, and that if they resist this, the people committing these crimes may kill the user or possessor of unapproved plants. Because marijuana is (supposedly) sinful for use.

It's also sinful to masturbate. Guess we've found another job for the ATF.

I could twist this to say that consuming the Eucharist itself is a sin if I wanted to.

I may not be Catholic, but I doubt the Church had the same strict interpretation you have when they wrote this.

you could twist the eucharist being a sin is some delusional fantasy world.  no sane person could interpret this to mean the eucharist is sinful.  this has now jumped the shark.

you could twist the eucharist being a sin is some delusional fantasy world.  no sane person could interpret this to mean the eucharist is sinful.  this has now jumped the shark.

You first.