An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Not The Philosopher

This:Male_mallard.jpg

I don't know if he still visits, but there was once a user here named notardillacid, and I pronounced his name in my mind as "not a mallard," so my name is an inside joke with myself.

That Duck looks really pleased with himself.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news on New Year Eve but here goes...

At one o'clock this afternoon my Great Aunt Christy passed away. Extra prayers for my family right now please, especially Granddaddy. Christy was his older sister, senior by 19 years, and Christy absolutely adored him. He has been out of it the past several days and I don't think it registered when my mom told him the news about Aunt Christy. I stayed the past two nights with them and probably got about 5 hours or sleep total between the two nights.

Thank you guys for your prayers! Pax!    

Not A Mallard

I'm sorry to hear that.  I gotta be honest when I say that I don't offer up enough, but I'm going to be on a retreat for the next few days, so I'll offer it for your family.

The funeral is tomorrow at one.

Today my aunts and mom thought that my cousins, siblings, and I needed some fun so they took us out for pizza and a movie. We got to choose between two movies; a kids movie and a chick-flic. I went to the kids. It was good and it sidetracked my mind for a couple of hours. My mom and aunts had the right idea. We needed some distraction.

First day back at school and it sucks...  :cry: In accounting class right now and have the work done so on the computer and really bored... Prayers for patience guys! 

Not A Mallard

Are you doing better?  Because I had plenty to offer up during (and on the way over to) the retreat..as well as stuff to rejoice over.

Yup, I am doing better. I just got some great news (not suppose to tell anybody yet, but in a week I am allowed!!!) Let's just say that it has to do with my pro-life club at school....

Mom is still having a hard time but that is to be expected, her dad is dying! One of the teachers at school asked her how my sisters were doing at college and she said good. Then the teacher asked about their grades and mom said they were good but that isn't what life is about. The teacher gave her an odd look. Mom told me this after school today but then she said you better have straight A's on your report card. (That didn't happen...)

Here the good news is...

http://www.maysville-online.com/st-patrick-students-awarded-national-honor/article_e7ff58b1-4527-5aa2-8781-1b3b9ca1f7ea.html 

My regional coordinator called me last night and was just like you won the award!!! Me: "How, I didn't sign up?" He said that he had signed me up and I was his first group to win the national award. So pumped right now! 

Not A Mallard

Here the good news is...

http://www.maysville-online.com/st-patrick-students-awarded-national-honor/article_e7ff58b1-4527-5aa2-8781-1b3b9ca1f7ea.html 

My regional coordinator called me last night and was just like you won the award!!! Me: "How, I didn't sign up?" He said that he had signed me up and I was his first group to win the national award. So pumped right now! 

The link doesn't work.  I bet you're set up to become a vigilante spy!  You'll be the real Agent Carter!

Haha! Don't get the reference though... I am really bad with pop culture stuff. :blush:

Google: St. Patrick Students awarded national honor ledger independent/Maysville

That should work --  or maybe this? http://www.maysville-online.com/st-patrick-students-awarded-national-honor/article_e7ff58b1-4527-5aa2-8781-1b3b9ca1f7ea.html