An Old School Catholic Message Board

Zombies

ardillacid

Is it morally permisible to kill someone who has been bitten by a zombie before they turn into one?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Nov 14 2005, 02:51 AM']this is a wierd question.
[right][snapback]788136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolleyes:

This is a serious moral debate!

I bet Ardillacid just introduced the "zombie" concept to get us off our guard so we could debate more freely. :think:

Either that, or he's scared of zombies. :ninja:

:hehe:

[quote name='philothea' date='Nov 14 2005, 12:53 PM']:rolleyes:

This is a serious moral debate! 

I bet Ardillacid just introduced the "zombie" concept to get us off our guard so we could debate more freely.  :think:

Either that, or he's scared of zombies. :ninja:

:hehe:
[right][snapback]788537[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

actually i thought it would make an interesting debate....

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Nov 14 2005, 12:58 PM']actually i thought it would make an interesting debate....
[right][snapback]788541[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It does! Like I said in the Open Mic version... best thread ever. :taco:

Let us be clear! The person is not a zombie until their life processes cease. They are then reanimated by the zombie curse or virus or radiation or whatever. Until that time they take their last breath, the person is still alive and very much the same struggling person you are. However, once they are dead they will be reanimated and become a zombie. The state of zombifaction is only present post mortem. Therefore it is morally impermissable to kill the person prior to death. To do so would be murder.

In the new Dawn of the Dead movie, this situation arises and while the initial inclination among the group is to shoot the man, one look into his frightened eyes and the face of his daughter is enough for decency to prevail. So, they quarantine him and station a guard with a shotgun nearby. The man asks for "every minute" of his life. And it is his, by right. So he dies.
Then the guard blows off his zombie head.

Ok, how about this: in dawn of the dead, when the people are coming back through the sewers, one of their number is taken by the zombies. He yells to his friend to kill him, which he promptly does. Moral?

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Nov 15 2005, 12:48 AM']Ok, how about this: in dawn of the dead, when the people are coming back through the sewers, one of their number is taken by the zombies. He yells to his friend to kill him, which he promptly does. Moral?
[right][snapback]789435[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Probably not moral, but I wouldn't see a problem with somehow incapacitating the friend so he'll be less of a danger when he's zombiefied. Maybe shooting him in the foot or something.. Oh man, that would be really mean and hard to do to a friend. :ohno:

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 15 2005, 02:59 PM']Probably not moral, but I wouldn't see a problem with somehow incapacitating the friend so he'll be less of a danger when he's zombiefied. Maybe shooting him in the foot or something.. Oh man, that would be really mean and hard to do to a friend.  :ohno:
[right][snapback]790239[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm all for incapacitating the mortally dangerous and soon-to-be non-human....

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 15 2005, 02:59 PM']Probably not moral, but I wouldn't see a problem with somehow incapacitating the friend so he'll be less of a danger when he's zombiefied. Maybe shooting him in the foot or something.. Oh man, that would be really mean and hard to do to a friend.  :ohno:
[right][snapback]790239[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

shooting him in the foot is hardly a way to incapacitate the zombies ;)

but seriously, the guy is about the be ripped apart alive and you cannot shoot him? :mellow:

PadreSantiago

yeah come on dude a shoot to the foot isn't gonna do anything. You gotta shoot them in the brains! DUH!

Does anyone ever have dreams where they are fighting zombies? I love any sort of horror movie but zombie in particular and I seem to have an awesome zombie dream every few months.

PadreSantiago

yeah but still the zombie would keep coming after you. You know crawling and such. probably would get to you at the worst possible moment.

PadreSantiago

in some zombie movies like sean of the dead the zombies are still kinda the same person at the end he's playing a video game with his zombie friend. Don't you think it's inhuman to just tie your friend up and let him live out the rest of his days tied up as a zombie?