An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1287625684' post='2181189']
I miss LC
[/quote]

Me, too. A lot. I keep thinking of things I'd like to talk over with her, regarding questions about the Catholic faith, etc. but then I remember that she can't reply.

I still haven't figured out what to say in a letter to LC--I just don't know how to write a one-way letter. And, my life is pretty dull (correct that, very dull) so I can't imagine just writing a chatty letter of what's going on in my life, because nothing is going on except the same old crummy stuff.

I think her community probably doesn't realize yet what a jewel they've been given. It's as if one very strong source of positive energy and faith is missing from here, now. And, when LC was around, good things happened to me. So many times that I lost count, God took care of LC in lots of small and big ways over the summer, and just a little bit of that spilled over onto me.

Don't get me wrong--I'm genuinely happy for L-C. But, these past couple of weeks have been a reminder to me of the price we pay when we get let someone "in" to be a friend. Real caring is unselfish and is genuinely happy when a friend finds the place she is supposed to be. But, for those left behind, there is a real gap, and I know that I'm not the only one feeling it. I don't think LC even realized what influence she had.

We'll regroup, and I'll figure out how to write a one-way letter, and it will be okay. But, for now, I haz the sadz. :cry2:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1287634655' post='2181230']
Me, too. A lot. I keep thinking of things I'd like to talk over with her, regarding questions about the Catholic faith, etc. but then I remember that she can't reply.

I still haven't figured out what to say in a letter to LC--I just don't know how to write a one-way letter. And, my life is pretty dull (correct that, very dull) so I can't imagine just writing a chatty letter of what's going on in my life, because nothing is going on except the same old crummy stuff.

I think her community probably doesn't realize yet what a jewel they've been given. It's as if one very strong source of positive energy and faith is missing from here, now. And, when LC was around, good things happened to me. So many times that I lost count, God took care of LC in lots of small and big ways over the summer, and just a little bit of that spilled over onto me.

Don't get me wrong--I'm genuinely happy for L-C. But, these past couple of weeks have been a reminder to me of the price we pay when we get let someone "in" to be a friend. Real caring is unselfish and is genuinely happy when a friend finds the place she is supposed to be. But, for those left behind, there is a real gap, and I know that I'm not the only one feeling it. I don't think LC even realized what influence she had.

We'll regroup, and I'll figure out how to write a one-way letter, and it will be okay. But, for now, I haz the sadz. :cry2:
[/quote]

I'm sure LC will love your letter no matter what you put in it! When I write to Sr. Mary, it's about everything...classes, family, books, my friends. She loves hearing it! Even if your life is dull (which I doubt), your letter can have anything in it. Maybe you could write all of the questions you have and then she could reply later....

Dieu vous benisse!

• 2 months later...
TeresaBenedicta

Wow, this fell pretty far back!!

Anyways.

So I'm getting really excited... it's been seven months since I last saw my sisters, and about nine months since I was last at the Novitiate. Crazy how time flies, isn't it? BUT I GET TO SEE THEM IN THREE WEEKS!!!!

And I'm staying for three nights. I've only had that long of a stay once before, so I'm really pumped for that reason as well.

God knows how badly I want to enter right now... but I suppose a visit will just have to do for now.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293068378' post='2194045']

Anyways.

So I'm getting really excited... it's been seven months since I last saw my sisters, and about nine months since I was last at the Novitiate. Crazy how time flies, isn't it? BUT I GET TO SEE THEM IN THREE WEEKS!!!!

And I'm staying for three nights. I've only had that long of a stay once before, so I'm really pumped for that reason as well.

God knows how badly I want to enter right now... but I suppose a visit will just have to do for now.
[/quote]

Congrats on your visit! I'm praying for you :saint:

....I've never posted on this thread before.... hmmm.... thanx for bumping! I'd've never seen it.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293068378' post='2194045']

Anyways.

[/quote]

Yay you get to visit them at least. Prayers for a safe trip and a very speedy debt payoff!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1293123322' post='2194126']
Yay you get to visit them at least. Prayers for a safe trip and a very speedy debt payoff!
[/quote]

Yay! Thanks for the prayers!

I'm superly excited for the visit! One of my good friends is in the Order but at a different convent than the one I'll be staying at. But she called the other day and said she was going to try and work it out so that either she can come and visit me or I can come over to her convent to visit for a day. :saint: I hope it works out! And I'm glad she's taking initiative on it, instead of me!!

I'm also trying to think of a nice "gift" that I can give them while I'm there... since I'm short on cash (and everything is going toward my student loans anyways). I have an extra copy of the newest release on Pope Benedict-- the interview. So I'm going to give them that copy for their library. But I'd like to put something else with it. Don't know what, though.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293126946' post='2194143']
Yay! Thanks for the prayers!

I'm superly excited for the visit! One of my good friends is in the Order but at a different convent than the one I'll be staying at. But she called the other day and said she was going to try and work it out so that either she can come and visit me or I can come over to her convent to visit for a day. :saint: I hope it works out! And I'm glad she's taking initiative on it, instead of me!!

I'm also trying to think of a nice "gift" that I can give them while I'm there... since I'm short on cash (and everything is going toward my student loans anyways). I have an extra copy of the newest release on Pope Benedict-- the interview. So I'm going to give them that copy for their library. But I'd like to put something else with it. Don't know what, though.
[/quote]

Prayers for you as you prepare to visit your sisters. Lord knows how much I would like to visit the SMMC sisters but I will have to trust in the Lord and let Him do the planning.

I don't know if this qualifies for "random vocations" but I just wanted to let you all know that I bumped into two Sisters at a historical/touristy site!!! I was going up to them to ask them which order they were from, but they didn't speak English. I think they were Filipino. We have a convent for the Sisters of St. Joseph and I wonder if they are from a Filipino convent and are visiting here. I'm going to look into it further. They had a gray habit/scapular that was mid-calf length, a modified veil that was black with a white headband, and wore a crucifix of some sort (couldn't get a good enough look at it because I was standing too far away). I just thought that was really cool seeing random nuns in a random spot. LOL! :)

[url="http://www.religious-vocation.com/discerning_religious_vocation.html"]http://www.religious-vocation.com/discerning_religious_vocation.html[/url]

This is a good website for those discerning a religious vocation -- I especially liked the 8 Tips for choosing a religious community! :like:

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1293173844' post='2194241']
HopefulBride, have you heard back from them yet? I know you said you were waiting on a response!
[/quote]

Nothing yet :( Nothing formal anyways but they are working with me in my fund raising efforts. It's just that my OCD, must be in control self wants to have something concrete. I will continue to ask the Lord for patience, I know I need it.

TeresaBenedicta

akdflksaflskdfsl;dkfsl;dfslfsdfiofoiwdlnvclkvoeroifeoifjaldskfafweiofslkdf

*sigh*

My heart and soul are on fire!!

• 4 weeks later...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

Ha ha... I just found the nun paper doll's habits that I scanned in my computer a few years ago... I only have a Poor Clare and a Carmelite though (which shows that I was drawn to both at the time). It's one of those "your face here" kind of deals...

[img]http://grab.by/grabs/62e7a013b79cc5d40fca0766ef8eebec.png[/img] [img]http://grab.by/grabs/b6ac8c448bb395692fa03cf3fcd0143f.png[/img]

Sorry... the Carmelite is miniature...

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' timestamp='1296052818' post='2204531']
+JMJ

Ha ha... I just found the nun paper doll's habits that I scanned in my computer a few years ago... I only have a Poor Clare and a Carmelite though (which shows that I was drawn to both at the time). It's one of those "your face here" kind of deals...

[b]Sorry... the Carmelite is miniature...[/b]
[/quote]

:o yeah its like DS in a Carmelite habit :smile3: