An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Teen

PennyLane

Winchester

Let's see if we can turn this into yet another damned fight about extraordinary form.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1307144583' post='2249662']
Let's see if we can turn this into yet another damned fight about extraordinary form.
[/quote]

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by Hasan

Vincent Vega

[/quote]
Haha oh Winnie. Silly, silly Winnie.

Winchester

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307145981' post='2249670']
Wasn't planning on it- were you?
[/quote]
I don't know enough to start that fight. I think the new form of mass was a bit of hasty pandering, but that in spite of our human foibles it remains valid. But less perfect. If I may be so bold, I think that's rather close to your sentiment.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1307146603' post='2249676']
I don't know enough to start that fight. I think the new form of mass was a bit of hasty pandering, but that in spite of our human foibles it remains valid. But less perfect. If I may be so bold, I think that's rather close to your sentiment.
[/quote]
You sir, are a gentleman and a [s]scholar[/s] firefighter.

[img]http://m.distort.org/r/troll-dad-paul-rudd3.gif[/img]

KnightofChrist

[/quote]

[size="6"][color="#FF0000"][b][i]YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/i][/b][/color][/size]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307145981' post='2249670']
Wasn't planning on it- were you?
[/quote]

I totally was, [b]sike. [/b]Just playing. Life Teen is totally amesome, most of the time I guess.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1307142273' post='2249647']
Of course you don't [i]need[/i] to. But I don't see why a teenager can't participate as an EM, should their parish deem the usage of one necessary. Of course, their out to be standards of dress and demeanor--Lil Red's anecdote about boobs and bubblegum is a really good example of truly unacceptable behavior for [i]anyone[/i] in mass, not just a Eucharistic Minister. Engaging the teens, making them responsible for some of the roles within the mass, creates a sense of ownership and pride in their faith and in the highpoint of their week, as a Catholic, that they might not feel otherwise. It might not be for everyone, but, in the absence of the issues laid out by Lil Red, I don't see the problem.
[/quote]

the role of [i]extraordinary[/i] Eucharistic Minister shouldn't be given to make teenagers feel "ownership and pride in their faith." *sigh* Abuse of this role is so rampant, even with adults....

Edited by dominicansoul

Vincent Vega

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1307147406' post='2249686']
the role of [i]extraordinary[/i] Eucharistic Minister shouldn't be given
[/quote]
I agree!!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307143175' post='2249652']
Nope, and I see no reason to. I regard it in more or less the same way I regard the so-called Charismatic Renewal, by which I mean I don't know a ton about it, but I know enough to realize that I would not like it. Beyond that I realize that it has many supporters, many in the episcopate included, so I will simply let it be up until the point that it affects my life in any way which, God willing, will be never. Like I said, I know it's not for me, so that's all I really need to know at the moment.
[/quote]

Actually, I think this is fair, if i understand your point. Basically, all you are saying is "you do your thing, i'll do mine?" if that's it then i'm good with that.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1307143968' post='2249656']
You are just like my sister-in-law.

When she makes spaghetti, she breaks all of the noodles before putting them in the pot so they all fit. I asked her once to just let the noodles sit in the pot without breaking them, because in less than a minute they will absorb moisture and fit into the pot. I begged her. She refused. Not only did she refuse, she told me that she will never make spaghetti without first breaking the noodles because that's how she was taught and she will never do it differently.

Likewise, she does not attend church or belong to a denomination. She just believes in Jesus. She refuses to learn about Catholicism, even though her husband (my brother) is Catholic. Her justification? Pretty much, exactly your response. She just knows it's not for her.

Stubbornmuch?
[/quote]

Fantastic Dust.

:like:

AudreyGrace

[quote name='add' timestamp='1307138713' post='2249623']
for me it was "bad personal experiences" lifeteen is a cult, an evil cult - a wolf in sheep's clothing -

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/wisper3/42713B2if_small.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:(
I'm sorry to hear that.
I belong to Life Teen at the parish right down the road from yours. Because of them, I'll be heading to FUS in the fall. Ironic?

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1307147582' post='2249690']
Actually, I think this is fair, if i understand your point. Basically, all you are saying is "you do your thing, i'll do mine?" if that's it then i'm good with that.
[/quote]

Sounds like relativism......:blink:

Just kidding. :saint:

AudreyGrace

I know a bunch of pretty awful Catholics. Does that mean all of Catholicism is awful? I hope not! :o