Life Teen

PennyLane

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1307409110' post='2250627']
*cough St. Therese of Lisieux *cough
[/quote]
Guess who she received from. :proud:

faithcecelia

I'm glad the elders weren't so dismissive when they had a 12yr old boy teaching them.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307442606' post='2250738']
I'm glad the elders weren't so dismissive when they had a 12yr old boy teaching them.
[/quote]

Boom!

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307442606' post='2250738']
[/quote]
Right; it's easy to compare EMHCs to God Incarnate. Please.

faithcecelia

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307460360' post='2250799']
Right; it's easy to compare EMHCs to God Incarnate. Please.
[/quote]

No, but the elders did not know who he was - they respected him without knowing he was God. Some would even say he himself did not know who he was at that stage - he certainly still had to 'learn obedience from his parents'.

None of us are 'good enough' to hold Christ and to give him to another, none of us can earn enough brownie points to deserve to do it. But God is more powerful than all of us, his goodness outweighs our badness, his strength outweighs our weaknesses and his humility outweighs our pride. God chooses to come to us in the guise of bread and wine. He chooses that in spite f the fact that we are all - priests, EMHC, communicants - unworthy of him. A child is no more unworthy than I am or you are, and it is not our place to judge others. I have been blown away by faith shown by children and teenagers, I often find they are far more reverant than many adults. The Church allows teenagers to be EMHC, the Eucharist is just as fully Christ from their fingers than it is from any other.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307462993' post='2250815']
No, but the elders did not know who he was - they respected him without knowing he was God. Some would even say he himself did not know who he was at that stage - he certainly still had to 'learn obedience from his parents'.

None of us are 'good enough' to hold Christ and to give him to another, none of us can earn enough brownie points to deserve to do it. But God is more powerful than all of us, his goodness outweighs our badness, his strength outweighs our weaknesses and his humility outweighs our pride. God chooses to come to us in the guise of bread and wine. He chooses that in spite f the fact that we are all - priests, EMHC, communicants - unworthy of him. A child is no more unworthy than I am or you are, and it is not our place to judge others. I have been blown away by faith shown by children and teenagers, I often find they are far more reverant than many adults. The Church allows teenagers to be EMHC, the Eucharist is just as fully Christ from their fingers than it is from any other.
[/quote]
The Church allows EMHCs *by definition* to be extraordinary. What does extraordinary mean to you? The regular and consistent use of EMHCs is an abuse.

faithcecelia

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307467009' post='2250841']
The Church allows EMHCs *by definition* to be extraordinary. What does extraordinary mean to you? The regular and consistent use of EMHCs is an abuse.
[/quote]

The use of extra ordinary (as opposed to ordained) ministers is a seperate issue-I happen to agree that the ideal would be to not need them at all. When they are used (and given I have never lived in a parish with more than one regular priest this is pretty much all the time) their age is totally irrelevant.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307467009' post='2250841']
[/quote]

:offtopic:

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I believe Life Teen does a disservice to the teens. The Mass should not come down to where the teens are, rather the teens should rise up to where the Mass is. If you think about it, it could be rather insulting to the teen...as if they couldn't comprehend a solemn Liturgy. I have been doing youth ministry for years and have heard such from teens. My parish does not buy LifeTeen. But there is one in my town. [/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]TRUE STORY: I know a woman that was at a Life Teen mass with her grandson. Her grandson began to dance during the hip-cool music. She told her grandson to stop dancing and that he should never dance in mass. Her grandson responded by saying, "but grandma, this ain't a real mass".[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Chilling[/size][/font]

Edited by Papist

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1307026773' post='2249160']
TEXTING?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
[/quote]

:blink:

O my goodness.

That's ridiculous.

LaPetiteSoeur

I've heard good things about the Dead Theologians Society...

Lifeteen. Not sure. My parish doesn't have it. My new parish will. But I like the old stuff and tasteful worship.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1307127686' post='2249538']
Okay.So, what sort of in-mass gimmicks are you referring to?
[/quote]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1307128668' post='2249554']
the rock n roll bands, complete with metal guitars, and drums, singing the protestant praise-and worship music that is NOT acceptable in celebrating the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass---The priest acting the show-host, complete with jokes and "dumbing" down the readings as if teens were not smart enuff to understand the Liturgy of the Word as it is written. The huggy, grab your neighbors, and lets hold hands around the altar scene, [b]and allowing teens to hand out Holy Communion to make them feel "included," even when 1-that ministry is supposed to be extraordinary, and 2- there is obvious improper training of these youth, who most of the time do not understand the importance of this duty.[/b]I'm sure the Church approves of LifeTeen, but like everything else, it is the way it is implemented that matters. Personally, I don't think the Holy Mass needs to be re-constructed to appeal to a specific group. (I also disapprove of Polka Masses.)
[/quote]

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1307468641' post='2250850']
:offtopic:
[/quote]

Believe or not, this is all kind of on topic.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307469214' post='2250853']
Never mind. This thread is getting too silly.
[/quote]

Agreed. This is getting ridiculous

Edited by Roamin_Catholic

faithcecelia

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1307471041' post='2250870']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]TRUE STORY: I know a woman that was at a Life Teen mass with her grandson. Her grandson began to dance during the hip-cool music. She told her grandson to stop dancing and that he should never dance in mass. Her grandson responded by saying, "but grandma, this ain't a real mass".[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Chilling[/size][/font]
[/quote]

While the first part of this story is being claimed, its no wonder the second is being believed. Psalm 150 - Praise Him with dance.