An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Teen

PennyLane

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1307147406' post='2249686']
the role of [i]extraordinary[/i] Eucharistic Minister shouldn't be given to make teenagers feel "ownership and pride in their faith." *sigh* Abuse of this role is so rampant, even with adults....
[/quote]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307147545' post='2249689']
I agree!!
[/quote]
:shock: Good lord, you people sound like those blasted pharisaical traditionalists!! Don't you know that the Church [i]allows[/i] this?

:|

Edited by Nihil Obstat

This wasn't at a Life Teen mass, but rather, at my diocese's annual Youth Conference. After mass, since it was in a convention center instead of an actual church, there was no tabernacle for all of the Hosts that were not consumed. Well, whoever was in charge had the bright idea to let all the teens who handed out communion consume all of the remaining Hosts. So the scene was, about 20 teens up on stage, chowing down on a bunch of consecrated Hosts. Talking to eachother while chewing... high fiving their friends who walked by the stage, texting on their phones, etc.

Pretty bad.

I'm happy we have a new bishop now, but still a little irked that the same diocese youth coordinator is in charge of all things youth related. He's not been a fan of phatmass ever since we wore our "Adoration is endangered" t-shirts at our booth at one of the diocese wide youth events.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307147866' post='2249697']
:shock: Good lord, you people sound like those blasted pharisaical traditionalists!! Don't you know that the Church [i]allows[/i] this?

[/quote]
Your face allows it.

Vincent Vega

[/quote]
[img]http://razzlemonster.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/fishslap.jpg[/img]

dominicansoul

[/quote]

:hehe:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307148968' post='2249709']
[img]http://razzlemonster.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/fishslap.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I'll see your fishslap and raise you a moving fishslap.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs16/f/2007/184/c/3/Fish_Slap_by_KyuubiDaGatorGirl.gif[/img]

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1307147597' post='2249692']
:(
I'm sorry to hear that.
I belong to Life Teen at the parish right down the road from yours. Because of them, I'll be heading to FUS in the fall. Ironic?
[/quote]

i hope and pray that you will do well , FUS is a good place to be

Edited by add

Winchester

Obviously a label encompasses all human actions floopy's sake, people. Get perspective.

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1307147597' post='2249692']
:(
I'm sorry to hear that.
I belong to Life Teen at the parish right down the road from yours. Because of them, I'll be heading to FUS in the fall. Ironic?
[/quote]

I have a feeling you'll love the FoPs at FUS. :)

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1307156766' post='2249757']
[/quote]

I have a feeling that i shall as well (may be because i've already attended several :like: )

amesome!! I went to one earlier this year with my Catholic Student Association group, and it was amazing! :)

Teen_Catholic

I have never been to Life Teen [i]group[/i] as my parents would never let me near the rock band, happy-go-lucky, do-whatever-feels-okay, croutons. I have been to my church's "teen" [i]Mass[/i] before and, honestly, it feels more like a rock group than a Mass. i have no problem with people singing Christian rock music with high amps, but not during Mass. At the my archdiocese youth convention, I was shocked to see a "nun" habit-less and probably vow-less too, speaking heretical things.

I agree with DS; teens don't want this nonsense. It's so empty and meaningless. If youth ministers spent more time teaching Church teaching than singing "God is amesome" type songs, kids would be a lot better off. There are even fun Catholic games. Or maybe I'm just lame. :)

All this coming from a teenage girl of course.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1307156766' post='2249757']
[/quote]

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1307156865' post='2249758']
I have a feeling that i shall as well (may be because i've already attended several :like: )
[/quote]

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1307157068' post='2249759']
amesome!! I went to one earlier this year with my Catholic Student Association group, and it was amazing! :)
[/quote]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

[quote name='Teen_Catholic' timestamp='1307158377' post='2249770'] I was shocked to see a "nun" habit-less and probably vow-less too, speaking heretical things.[/quote]

that's a pretty bold statement to make, and one that i wouldn't make lightly. you have no right to say that just because a nun is not wearing a habit, she is 'vow-less.'