An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Teen

PennyLane

CephaDrigan

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307473326' post='2250882']
While the first part of this story is being claimed, its no wonder the second is being believed. Psalm 150 - Praise Him with dance.
[/quote]

It depends on how you're dancing...when Jesus is the focus, sure, go ahead and dance, but when its irreverent, dancing has no place.

I'm also gonna go to a Life Teen thing tonight...I haven't been before.

faithcecelia

[quote name='CephaDrigan' timestamp='1307474176' post='2250887']
It depends on how you're dancing...when Jesus is the focus, sure, go ahead and dance, but when its irreverent, dancing has no place.

I'm also gonna go to a Life Teen thing tonight...I haven't been before.
[/quote]

Give you that one, the key was being told 'never'. I LOVE dancing in Mass - not 'liturgical dances' and the like, but when the Holy Spirit takes control of me and every ounce of my being wants to praise and glorify God *sigh* its so amazing.:dance: :dance: :dance: My old parish would sometimes have African Masses and I used to love going to them the JOY was so abundant you could sense it even in the carpark.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='CephaDrigan' timestamp='1307474176' post='2250887']
It depends on how you're dancing
[/quote]
And [u]where[/u]. Mass is not a place for dancing.

Nihil Obstat

All 'liturgical' dancing is essentially this:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc[/media]

faithcecelia

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307475234' post='2250895']
[/quote]

Hence I said NOT liturgical dance. But hey ho, if the spirit moves someone to dance like that then dance away.

Roll on our first African Pope (and before anyone says, no I'm not wishing any harm to B16 :rolleyes: )

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307475234' post='2250895']
[/quote]

I posted this video about 6 pages ago...

CephaDrigan

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307474863' post='2250891']
And [u]where[/u]. Mass is not a place for dancing.
[/quote]

It still depends on how you're dancing...it doesn't imply elaborate or showy dancing; it could be very subtle and reverent.

[quote name='CephaDrigan' timestamp='1307476513' post='2250904']
It still depends on how you're dancing...it doesn't imply elaborate or showy dancing; it could be very subtle and reverent.
[/quote]

Yeah...sometimes "Our God is an amesome God" make me wanna do the Jersey Fist Bump!

faithcecelia

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1307476563' post='2250905']
Yeah...sometimes "Our God is an amesome God" make me wanna do the Jersey Fist Bump!
[/quote]

Now see, just reading that made me sway and smile :dance:

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1307476563' post='2250905']
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

I'm just going to throw this out there: I love LifeTeen, and many parishes do celebrate it reverently. However, even I don't think a Jersey Fist Bump is appropriate for Mass... and saying that a praise and worship song makes you want to do so might not win any supporters over on the Debate Board.

However, if you were being silly, ignore this! :)

[size="1"]edited for smiley overdose. Two will suffice.[/size]

Edited by Lisa

Vincent Vega

[/quote]
Sorry, allow me to rephrase:
Mass, in our Western, European-derived culture, is not a place for dancing.

[/quote]
I could be wrong, but I don't think the liturgy calls for any dancing: reverent, subtle, respectable, or otherwise.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1307476859' post='2250910']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

I'm just going to throw this out there: I love LifeTeen, and many parishes do celebrate it reverently. However, even I don't think a Jersey Fist Bump is appropriate for Mass... and saying that a praise and worship song makes you want to do so might not win any supporters over on the Debate Board.

However, if you were being silly, ignore this! :)

[size="1"]edited for smiley overdose. Two will suffice.[/size]
[/quote]

Well, I [i]was[/i] being silly. But a song is just a song, and the Fist Bump reigns supreme. I'm doing it to glorify God and I think He loves me for it.

faithcecelia

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1307476917' post='2250913']
I could be wrong, but I don't think the liturgy calls for any dancing: reverent, subtle, respectable, or otherwise.
[/quote]

If thats how God leads anyone to worship, no man can surely say they know better and forbid it?? When God gets me going, I dance! Im actually very shy and not an obvious rebel (head and shoulders covered in church, etc) but so, so many times I just cannot stay still, God makes me dance, its how he wants me to praise him, so I dance!

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307477150' post='2250918']
If thats how God leads anyone to worship, no man can surely say they know better and forbid it?? When God gets me going, I dance! Im actually very shy and not an obvious rebel (head and shoulders covered in church, etc) but so, so many times I just cannot stay still, God makes me dance, its how he wants me to praise him, so I dance!
[/quote]

And for that you will burn :reaper:

Edited by kujo