An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

MissScripture

[quote name='justme' timestamp='1323131173' post='2345183']
Anyone feel as I do that BAGC is for God to decide not me.
[/quote]
It's not meant as seriousness. ;) This is the lame board, for fun and games. We also have a Bad Catholics thread. ;)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1323196094' post='2345598']
It's not meant as seriousness. ;) This is the lame board, for fun and games. We also have a Bad Catholics thread. ;)
[/quote]

Which I think is like 4-5 times the size of this. :huh:

MissScripture

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1323197394' post='2345617']

Which I think is like 4-5 times the size of this. :huh:
[/quote]
Something like that. We all know we're a lot worse Catholics than we are good Catholics!
Really, I think this is actually probably good for us, to be able to look at ourselves and say, "Hey, I'm doing this well." Not for pride, but just because, as evidenced by the length of the bad Catholics thread, we know when we're being bad. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I need to look at myself and realize that I'm not the most horrible person in the world. Yeah, I screw up and I'm not perfect, but I'm trying! And if anyone is getting all prideful about posting here, they need to head over to the Bad Catholics thread! :hehe2:

Amen MS, Amen. :)

I was apparently part of a group of good Catholics the other night. Last night was our final Christ at Culpeppers of the semester. Some drunk guy was kicked out of the Coney, another bar across the street, and lit into us about being hypocrites and no ":censored: Christians or churches in this :censored: town" really forgive. He went on like that for ten minutes, threatening our Catholic Student Association President's boyfriend with violence before finally leaving us alone. (I assure you he wouldn't have sober; one guy is all muscle from being in the military, another is a bar bouncer.) So we did something totally amesome at the boyfriend's suggestion; we prayed for him right there on the sidewalk after he left, much to the stares of passersby and the bouncer in the door who had been watching to make sure things turned out okay.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1323262394' post='2346360']
Amen MS, Amen. :)

I was apparently part of a group of good Catholics the other night. Last night was our final Christ at Culpeppers of the semester. Some drunk guy was kicked out of the Coney, another bar across the street, and lit into us about being hypocrites and no " :censored: Christians or churches in this :censored: town" really forgive. He went on like that for ten minutes, threatening our Catholic Student Association President's boyfriend with violence before finally leaving us alone. (I assure you he wouldn't have sober; one guy is all muscle from being in the military, another is a bar bouncer.) So we did something totally amesome at the boyfriend's suggestion; we prayed for him right there on the sidewalk after he left, much to the stares of passersby and the bouncer in the door who had been watching to make sure things turned out okay.
[/quote]
that is amesome! God bless you guys for doing that.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323277968' post='2346562']
that is amesome! God bless you guys for doing that.
[/quote]

Thanks. CSA's President's boyfriend had the idea though, the rest of us just agreed. :) I really admired him for it, the man had been threatening him more than anyone else, and he did the right Christian thing to do!

IAAGC because .... the time that I used to spend playing video games and watching TV ... I spend on Phatmass. And livestrong.com .

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1323633776' post='2349193']
Were any of them 'gag gifts" they'll enjoy?
[/quote]
haha, nope. actually nice gifts. one got a 'say the black/do the red' (or is it the other way around? I never remember) water bottle, another got a coffee mug with 'brick by brick' on it (both from Fr. Z's cafepress store). the third priest I got [url="http://www.vat19.com/dvds/ipod-lego-dock-speakers.cfm"]this for him[/url]: (the iPod speaker, not the iPod)
[img]http://images1.vat19.com/covers/large/ipod-lego-dock-blue.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323633450' post='2349186']
IAGC because I bought 3 priests Christmas presents that I know they'll enjoy.
[/quote]
We are all curious now!