An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

IAAGC because I went to Confession today, even though it was kind of a hassle since I had to take the kids with me. :) But God is good, and His graces are abundant.

brandelynmarie

We had rosary before Mass & I had brought my "good" aurora borialis rosary with me. When I brought it out of my pocket., it was all tangled & one of the links had come undone. IAAGC because I had brought a back-up rosary. :hehe:

The brag thread, eh?

I don't hold hands at the Our Father

I only bow or show hand and say "peace" at the sign of peace, rather than shake hands.

I receive on the tongue.

I wear a mantilla on my head.

I bend on one knee quickly before receiving Communion.

brianthephysicist

IAAGC because yesterday was the first time I got the opportunity to fulfill my new role as EM. It was so beautiful <3

I really belong in the I'm a bad Catholic thread but anywho:

I say the Rosary every single day and am trying to for a year

I sometimes play the violin at Mass :saint2:

I volunteer pretty much every Tuesday at OLOH

Im gonna make an amazing nun :saint2: :nun:

Yeah, I'm pretty amazing :hehe2:

Yeah right... amazing? :rolleyes: :)

IAGC because I went to Confession today.

IAGC because I unintentionally guilt tripped Fr. W before it. "Father you're okay! We were all worried when you didn't show up at your usual five minutes late!" "Oh I'm so sorry, I know the state of people being in mortal sin or not is more important, but I think we're springing some leaks from all the masonry work that's being done and there's a river in my office!"

• 3 weeks later...

IAGC because I went to Confession.

IAGC because it was in Fr. W's office and we were interrupted three separate times and I just sat there meekly.

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1321306403' post='2336273']
IAAGC because yesterday was the first time I got the opportunity to fulfill my new role as EM. It was so beautiful <3
[/quote]
That is lovely, such a privilege.31 years ago was my first time!

Far too much "I" being talked about - makes me miserable.

In my own life too much of the "I" makes me reach for my guns - danger zone !
Either "selfishness" or "ego" are getting in the way.
But that's me.

Far better we simply offer our day to the good Lord and ask His guidance and His Blessing on all our travelling, words & work and upon the people who may cross our path.
Praising God is a great idea - such a prayer is all to do with God and nothing to do with me !!

Asking and/or taking advice from too many people can often cause confusion.
Far better to stick with the one person you [u]know [/u]is both helpful & spiritual. The one person whose guidance & wisdom brings you peace (maybe your confessor). If there is no such person in your life then pray the Holy Spirit send you such a "truth-speaker".

IAGC because I tried to defend Catholic beliefs over dinner last night. Baby steps, moved my dinner companion from ":censored: the Saints" to "Okay, this Maximilian Kolbe guy sounds okay."