An Old School Catholic Message Board

Please Ask Me Anything

faithcecelia

You didn't take the Catholic convert? :gasp: No I understand, really I do. I watch your Parliament when I want to see something more interesting than our Congress. Something about heckling the PM during his questions session vs. listening to "As my esteemed colleague has already pointed out.....however I feel that in actuality blah blah blah".

Do you call it a lorrie or have you succumbed like some to the Americanism "truck"?

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310953382' post='2269064']
You didn't take the Catholic convert? :gasp: No I understand, really I do. I watch your Parliament when I want to see something more interesting than our Congress. Something about heckling the PM during his questions session vs. listening to "As my esteemed colleague has already pointed out.....however I feel that in actuality blah blah blah".

Do you call it a lorrie or have you succumbed like some to the Americanism "truck"?
[/quote]

Religion can play a part in politics, but its not the only criteria. Blair just reminds me of a Thunderbird.

I talk about lorries myself but use truck more often with Corin as he has speech problems and can say it more easily.

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310954334' post='2269076']
Both those make sense! At least I think so.

Umm... *thinks* Dream vacation?
[/quote]

Anywhere lovely and warm with low humidity, completely private with no kids but a pile of books, plus a private ice rink :dance:

I see you've been to the Pope's Arctic Fortress also! Books, ice rink, no kids, no humidity...with temperature controlled forest in an auditorium! (Thanks for letting me get my post count up with this thread too, goal is 11k by end of the night.)

The Guardian, the Sun, or the Telegraph...or none of the above?

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310954766' post='2269085']
I see you've been to the Pope's Arctic Fortress also! Books, ice rink, no kids, no humidity...with temperature controlled forest in an auditorium! (Thanks for letting me get my post count up with this thread too, goal is 11k by end of the night.)

The Guardian, the Sun, or the Telegraph...or none of the above?
[/quote]

Depends. If I just want to whiz through, getting the basics of the news but less interested in debate, then the Sun. Also, I am too poor to but a real paper every day - Sun is only 30p! Although now the 'I' is available I am more likely to buy that at 20p.

Guardian I will sometimes buy if it has a particular article - it has more 'hippyish' articles than most and I quite like that.

Telegraph or another I will read if I'm in a cafe, etc.

Glad to have been of assisstance!

Hope I've been of some assistance post count wise too! And great reasoning for each! The only reason I read the Wall Street Journal daily is because the business college has them out of its students (or others with class there) and I pick up my free copy during my couple mile walk each day. I'd never be able to afford two dollars a day!

Does the boy you nanny have a favorite game for outside play?

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310955305' post='2269090']
Hope I've been of some assistance post count wise too! And great reasoning for each! The only reason I read the Wall Street Journal daily is because the business college has them out of its students (or others with class there) and I pick up my free copy during my couple mile walk each day. I'd never be able to afford two dollars a day!

Does the boy you nanny have a favorite game for outside play?
[/quote]

He has a trampoline which he loves and which we also use for discipline - sometimes he has to go and bounce off his temper!

faithcecelia

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1310955766' post='2269094']
why cant i sleep all day and stay up all nite?
[/quote]

Maybe you need to get a job as a night security guard? Or supermarket shelf stacker? Ot become like me and decide sleep is for wimps!:dance:

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310956258' post='2269098']
...dude, I want a trampoline! But that is pretty cool.

Favorite vegetarian dish?
[/quote]

Nut roast with lots of veggies, roast patatoes and parsnips, yorkshire puds and onion gravy.

Or a decent curry :eat:

Edited by faithcecelia

I worked nights once Lil, don't recommend it. :huh: I was a night owl at the time, but it was awful...of course I was working fast food; everyone else was smoking like chimneys or doing other things while we had nothing but drunks to deal with.

Umm...rabbits or ducks?

faithcecelia

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310956939' post='2269108']
I worked nights once Lil, don't recommend it. :huh: I was a night owl at the time, but it was awful...of course I was working fast food; everyone else was smoking like chimneys or doing other things while we had nothing but drunks to deal with.

Umm...rabbits or ducks?
[/quote]

Rabbits