MissyP89 Posted August 23, 2011 Author Posted August 23, 2011 Can't go to Mass this coming weekend. Going to be away with the family. I was already told it's not happening. I'm OK, with that, actually -- because they already told me I'm not going, I don't have to ask and catch hell. "You're kidding, right?" Asking when I know the answer is going to be no -- like for a holy day of obligation -- is always the hardest part. I never want to, because the backlash depresses me, but my pastor says as long as I try to ask, there's no sin.
BG45 Posted August 23, 2011 Posted August 23, 2011 Sorry But at least you don't have to ask this time...
MargaretTeresa Posted August 24, 2011 Posted August 24, 2011 Mother is still suspicious, but she knows better than to call back because it might "hurt my chances" on this whole cooked up story. Whew. but i still feel terrible.
MargaretTeresa Posted August 24, 2011 Posted August 24, 2011 Thanks. Now I eagerly await a response from the FSPs... I'm giving Sr MM a week, and then calling her. So, next Monday, be ready for me to be like [b][i][u]aj idhiuewhb fnaerj doilawehr oqygbrfednoqiewnbfy qov 3weublkfsco huew urbjh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u][/i][/b] if I get to talk to her.
BG45 Posted August 24, 2011 Posted August 24, 2011 ...is it bad my first thought was "I didn't know MargaretTeresa spoke Lovecraftian"? Hopefully Sister MM will get bak to you quick though! (For some reason Sister MM makes me think of Mother MA, who I'm still trying to figure out how she got a blackberry out of her habit on my last retreat.)
jet100 Posted August 24, 2011 Posted August 24, 2011 Can I join this club?? I feel like I could be Margeret Teresa twin sister. I hide catholic material in my book, I am devoted catholic girl who is stuck in the closet and lives in a ANTI catholic home... I will post my long story for you all to read soon
MargaretTeresa Posted August 24, 2011 Posted August 24, 2011 Membership is free. We only ask you pray for those who need it most. lol
faithcecelia Posted August 25, 2011 Posted August 25, 2011 [quote name='jet100' timestamp='1314210025' post='2294262'] Can I join this club?? I feel like I could be Margeret Teresa twin sister. I hide catholic material in my book, I am devoted catholic girl who is stuck in the closet and lives in a ANTI catholic home... I will post my long story for you all to read soon [/quote] Of course you can, welcome!
MissyP89 Posted August 25, 2011 Author Posted August 25, 2011 Sooooo...would it be unreasonable to ask to go to Confession during a hurricane?
faithcecelia Posted August 25, 2011 Posted August 25, 2011 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1314305231' post='2294874'] Sooooo...would it be unreasonable to ask to go to Confession during a hurricane? [/quote] I suppose that depends on whether you can safely get to the church or not. If you can I'd say its perfectly reasonable.
BG45 Posted August 25, 2011 Posted August 25, 2011 Depends on the conditions outside at the time. If there's life threatening 80+ mph winds, then probably yes...if it's safe, probably no.
MargaretTeresa Posted August 25, 2011 Posted August 25, 2011 Missy, don't forget your scapular (if you have one. If not, I'll be sending you one ASAP) Also, I'm going to be doing some painting on Saturday. Does anyone want prayer cards? (Particularly, St Monica?) Just private message me the saint and address!!!
MissyP89 Posted August 26, 2011 Author Posted August 26, 2011 But then she'd want to know why freaky religious people were sending me freaky religious things, twin. :\ I've been told we're not going out for anything whatsoever for the next 3 days. Whatevs. I don't want to die anyway.
MissScripture Posted August 26, 2011 Posted August 26, 2011 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1314323174' post='2295010'] But then she'd want to know why freaky religious people were sending me freaky religious things, twin. :\ I've been told we're not going out for anything whatsoever for the next 3 days. Whatevs. I don't want to die anyway. [/quote] Yeah, dying on the way to confession would be counter productive.
MargaretTeresa Posted August 26, 2011 Posted August 26, 2011 <sigh> ok. I'll have one ready for when I can send it to ya, Missy.
Archaeology cat Posted August 26, 2011 Posted August 26, 2011 [quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1314313730' post='2294932'] Missy, don't forget your scapular (if you have one. If not, I'll be sending you one ASAP) Also, I'm going to be doing some painting on Saturday. Does anyone want prayer cards? (Particularly, St Monica?) Just private message me the saint and address!!! [/quote] If you'll send it to England I want one, but if it's going to be trouble and/or expensive, don't.
MargaretTeresa Posted August 26, 2011 Posted August 26, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1314351936' post='2295145'] If you'll send it to England I want one, but if it's going to be trouble and/or expensive, don't. [/quote] Let me check into it, and then I'll let you know. It might take a while. I have St Thomas More, St Michael the Archangel, and St Brigid of Ireland prayer cards to complete and mail. BUT I have to go to the post office today (checking for mail), so I shall ask! ETA: Just tried to look at the USPS website to see, but that was no help because it just gave me the large envelope option. This will fit in a regular envelope. Gah.... Edited August 26, 2011 by MargaretTeresa
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now