An Old School Catholic Message Board

The St. Monica Club

MissyP89

Can't go to Mass this coming weekend. Going to be away with the family. I was already told it's not happening.

I'm OK, with that, actually -- because they already told me I'm not going, I don't have to ask and catch hell. "You're kidding, right?"

Asking when I know the answer is going to be no -- like for a holy day of obligation -- is always the hardest part. I never want to, because the backlash depresses me, but my pastor says as long as I try to ask, there's no sin.

MargaretTeresa

Mother is still suspicious, but she knows better than to call back because it might "hurt my chances" on this whole cooked up story. Whew.

but i still feel terrible.

MargaretTeresa

Thanks. Now I eagerly await a response from the FSPs... I'm giving Sr MM a week, and then calling her. So, next Monday, be ready for me to be like [b][i][u]aj idhiuewhb fnaerj doilawehr oqygbrfednoqiewnbfy qov 3weublkfsco huew urbjh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u][/i][/b] if I get to talk to her. :blush:

...is it bad my first thought was "I didn't know MargaretTeresa spoke Lovecraftian"? Hopefully Sister MM will get bak to you quick though! (For some reason Sister MM makes me think of Mother MA, who I'm still trying to figure out how she got a blackberry out of her habit on my last retreat.)

Can I join this club?? I feel like I could be Margeret Teresa twin sister. I hide catholic material in my book, I am devoted catholic girl who is stuck in the closet and lives in a ANTI catholic home...
I will post my long story for you all to read soon :)

faithcecelia

[quote name='jet100' timestamp='1314210025' post='2294262']
Can I join this club?? I feel like I could be Margeret Teresa twin sister. I hide catholic material in my book, I am devoted catholic girl who is stuck in the closet and lives in a ANTI catholic home...
I will post my long story for you all to read soon :)
[/quote]

Of course you can, welcome!

faithcecelia

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1314305231' post='2294874']
Sooooo...would it be unreasonable to ask to go to Confession during a hurricane? :|
[/quote]

I suppose that depends on whether you can safely get to the church or not. If you can I'd say its perfectly reasonable.

Depends on the conditions outside at the time. If there's life threatening 80+ mph winds, then probably yes...if it's safe, probably no.

MargaretTeresa

Missy, don't forget your scapular (if you have one. If not, I'll be sending you one ASAP)

Also, I'm going to be doing some painting on Saturday. Does anyone want prayer cards? (Particularly, St Monica?) Just private message me the saint and address!!!