An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

xTrishaxLynnx
Just made almond butter. I love my food processor! And roasted almonds are sooooo tasty!

Yum! Someday when I have my OWN kitchen where I can actually make things, I will be asking you for some recipes! :)

brianthephysicist
Be a man and buy the Ninja.

Is there any difference between a food processor and a really powerful blender?

PhuturePriest
Is there any difference between a food processor and a really powerful blender?

Really powerful blenders are more fun to play with.

brianthephysicist
Really powerful blenders are more fun to play with.

Have you used this product before? Is it reliable? Is it easy to use & clean?

PhuturePriest
Have you used this product before? Is it reliable? Is it easy to use & clean?

It's fun to play with, that's for sure.

MissScripture

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianthephysicist" data-cid="2534233" data-time="1358438226"><p>
I'm thinking of expanding my kitchen. I'm currently looking at buying this: <a href='http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/food-preparation/food-processors/power-pro-2-in-1-food-processor-and-blender-fp2620s.aspx'>http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/food-preparation/food-processors/power-pro-2-in-1-food-processor-and-blender-fp2620s.aspx</a> Any thoughts?</p></blockquote>
My food processor is Black and Decker and it has been great. They replaced the bowl for free when it broke. And I have yet to run into anything it can't handle. I am not sure about the combo, since I have never used it, but I think that looks like a good idea, and I find Black and Decker reliable, so I would be willing to give it a shot if I were you.

brianthephysicist
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianthephysicist" data-cid="2534233" data-time="1358438226"><p>
I'm thinking of expanding my kitchen. I'm currently looking at buying this: <a href='http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/food-preparation/food-processors/power-pro-2-in-1-food-processor-and-blender-fp2620s.aspx'>http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/food-preparation/food-processors/power-pro-2-in-1-food-processor-and-blender-fp2620s.aspx</a> Any thoughts?</p></blockquote>
My food processor is Black and Decker and it has been great. They replaced the bowl for free when it broke. And I have yet to run into anything it can't handle. I am not sure about the combo, since I have never used it, but I think that looks like a good idea, and I find Black and Decker reliable, so I would be willing to give it a shot if I were you.

That's good to know.  Thanks!

MissScripture

Wanna See!!!!!!   Did you use the recipe I sent, or a different one????

It was the same recipe, but it was doubled, and it turns out it was the same one my sister used to make cupcakes for my wedding for a friend who is allergic to eggs! Making the cupcakes sure made me wish I could just call my sister up to ask her how she did it. Also, I'm not sure I mixed it well enough, because my mom thought there were mini chocolate chips in there, but it was just clumps of cocoa powder. LOL. All in all, not the best cupcakes ever, but they looked fantastic, so that's good enough for me! ;)

JohnPaulbirthdayextravaganza13_zps82e08b
I made Bob, Larry, Junior Asparagus, Jimmy Gourd and the French Peas. 

Groo the Wanderer
Anyone out there cook sous vide?

taco bell does..everything is boil in bag.   except the freeze-dried beans