MissScripture Posted September 24, 2012 Author Posted September 24, 2012 Today, I made sourdough crackers. YUM! That recipe will be revisted. They tasted like Cheez-Its without the cheese, if that makes any sense...
brianthephysicist Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 I actually do know what you mean and it sounds amazing.
To Jesus Through Mary Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1348530366' post='2486212'] Today, I made sourdough crackers. YUM! That recipe will be revisted. They tasted like Cheez-Its without the cheese, if that makes any sense... [/quote] How did you do it??
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 I used this recipe: [url="http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2010/03/08/sourdough-recipes-galore-whole-wheat-crackers/"]http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2010/03/08/sourdough-recipes-galore-whole-wheat-crackers/[/url]
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1348539310' post='2486301'] I actually do know what you mean and it sounds amazing. [/quote] I want to try them again with cheese in them to see if they taste just like Cheeze Its (those are my favorite cracker, and if I can make them at home...well, that would be amesome!)
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 Today is bread baking day. I have 2 loaves rising. I made one cinnamon raisin. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think I may have used too many raisins.
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 I had a piece of the cinnamon raisin bread. It's delicious. I am so doing that again. Now, I want to branch out and try cheddar herb. Any other suggestions for bread flavors?
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 I've got banana bread in the oven. After going to the store and getting a few things we needed I came home and started throwing the bread together... and realized I was out of eggs. The biggest slap in the face? I deliberately rejected the suggestion (from my 9 year old) that we should buy them (this was a quick trip for 3 things, I am doing major shopping this weekend). I substituted chia seeds instead. Crossing my fingers that it turns out well. lol
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 I like how you have chia seeds on hand, but not eggs. LOL.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 we go through eggs faster. i'm the only one who eats the chia seeds. i would have used flax but i was out of that.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 and by "out of flax" i really mean my darling son dumped the bag out and i haven't bought more yet.
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2012 Author Posted September 25, 2012 Yeah, I wouldn't have either of those...[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1348615232' post='2486696'] and by "out of flax" i really mean my darling son dumped the bag out and i haven't bought more yet. [/quote] He seems to be on a roll with the dumping of food, huh?
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 he is honing his skillz? lol yes unfortunately wasting stuff is a big thing for him lately. at least the yogurt was an accident, though. i can't say the same for the flax or cereal.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 26, 2012 Posted September 26, 2012 Upside: the banana bread turned out almost exactly the same way as it does with eggs. You can't even tell the seeds are in it. The texture is slightly less fluffy, but my kids don't know the difference.
Papist Posted September 26, 2012 Posted September 26, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1348541579' post='2486329'] I used this recipe: [url="http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2010/03/08/sourdough-recipes-galore-whole-wheat-crackers/"]http://www.kitchenst...wheat-crackers/[/url] [/quote] Exact recipe my wife uses. And yes, they are excellent. Go great with a hoppy beer.
MissScripture Posted January 17, 2013 Author Posted January 17, 2013 Just made almond butter. I love my food processor! And roasted almonds are sooooo tasty!
PhuturePriest Posted January 17, 2013 Posted January 17, 2013 Today, I made sourdough crackers. YUM! That recipe will be revisted. They tasted like Cheez-Its without the cheese, if that makes any sense... :notworthy:
brianthephysicist Posted January 17, 2013 Posted January 17, 2013 I'm thinking of expanding my kitchen. I'm currently looking at buying this: http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/food-preparation/food-processors/power-pro-2-in-1-food-processor-and-blender-fp2620s.aspx Any thoughts?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now