An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

MissScripture

I am attempting to make cinnamon rolls. I've wanted to have some since last Sunday. Today we were either going to buy doughnuts or I needed to make cinnamon rolls. Hopefully they turn out. Yummy! I can't wait!

MissScripture

OH MY GOODNESS! I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED BAKING THEM AND THEY ALREADY SMELL AMAZING! MY STOMACH IS GOING TO EAT ITSELF BEFORE THESE COME OUT OF THE OVEN!

MissScripture

Especially since my belly looks like a basketball, right now. :hehe2:
I should post my last preggo pic here. But Roamin hasn't put it on the computer and saved it as a jpeg (he takes them in a different format).

I made stir fry for supper tonight. That was yummy. I think it's my favorite way to eat veggies. But really, when you add that much sodium to something (via soy sauce) I don't know how it can not be good.

brandelynmarie

I use a Korean soy sauce I get at an Asian market. Comes in 1 liter bottles. Love that stuff. :love: It does make everything taste good. ;) >

Today, Mom and I made escarole soup. I spent forever rolling little tiny meatballs. Tedious, but always worth it...I'll be a happy camper come dinnertime!

So, in the summer, I think we should all make this.

http://www.thekitchn.com/summer-recipe-nobake-strawberr-117900

With Jersey strawberries? Heaven!

MissScripture

This isn't really cooking or baking, but I just followed the recipe for microwave hot chocolate on the side of the Hershey's cocoa container. YUM! :drool:

• 2 months later...
MissScripture

Yesterday I made a birthday cake for Roamin. It was the first cake I have ever made from scratch. It turned out okay. I think I will try a different recipe next time. I was really pleased with how the frosting turned out. It was a 2 layer cake, and I filled it with cookies and cream. It was delicious.

This evening, for supper, I made fried rice. SO delicious! I could eat the whole pan! I also made roasted chickpeas with chili powder. I think I may have found a way that I will actually eat chickpeas!

MissScripture

We are going to make wild rice burgers. If they turn out they will be so yummy!

Also, we will be getting a waffle maker. I can't wait to eat some waffles!

Laudate_Dominum

[b]Bacon[/b]

[i]Ingredients[/i]

- 1 package of bacon

[i]Method[/i]

- Cook bacon in pan until done. Serve hot.