Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread


Recommended Posts

MissScripture
Posted

This isn't really cooking or baking, but I just followed the recipe for microwave hot chocolate on the side of the Hershey's cocoa container. YUM! :drool:

Posted

Ovaltine is the bestest!

  • 2 months later...
MissScripture
Posted

Yesterday I made a birthday cake for Roamin. It was the first cake I have ever made from scratch. It turned out okay. I think I will try a different recipe next time. I was really pleased with how the frosting turned out. It was a 2 layer cake, and I filled it with cookies and cream. It was delicious.

This evening, for supper, I made fried rice. SO delicious! I could eat the whole pan! I also made roasted chickpeas with chili powder. I think I may have found a way that I will actually eat chickpeas!

MissScripture
Posted

We are going to make wild rice burgers. If they turn out they will be so yummy!

Also, we will be getting a waffle maker. I can't wait to eat some waffles!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[b]Bacon[/b]

[i]Ingredients[/i]

- 1 package of bacon

[i]Method[/i]

- Cook bacon in pan until done. Serve hot.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[b]Bacon II[/b]

[i]Ingredients[/i]
- 1 package of bacon

[i]Method[/i]
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bacon on foiled sheet and place in cold oven.
- Set oven to 400 F.
- Remove bacon when done. Approximately 17-20 minutes.
- Eat it.

missionseeker
Posted

I want bluberry muffins.


and cake.

I want cake, too.

MissScripture
Posted

The wildrice burgers were amazing. They would make a great Friday meal. Although, eating them would not be very penitential...

FutureSister2009
Posted

I should really stop reading the food threads. I haven't had lunch yet

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1333077475' post='2410520']
The wildrice burgers were amazing. They would make a great Friday meal. Although, eating them would not be very penitential...
[/quote]
Would you mind giving the recipe?

Friday night supper is on me, and I find it hard in Lent. ;)

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I'm trying out a new marinade for salmon tonight... the marinade tasted really good, I think it'd be pretty amesome with chicken, too.

  • 1 month later...
MissScripture
Posted

I just made this recipe:
[url="http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/05/deep-dish-cinnamon-roll-pie/"]http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/05/deep-dish-cinnamon-roll-pie/[/url]

It smells amazing. The batter was amazing. I can't wait to eat the finished product!

brianthephysicist
Posted

Oh man I forgot about this thread. Since the last time I've been here, I've tried my hand at slow-cooked pulled pork, baked mac'n'coagulated milk, meatloaf, and grilled tuna and coagulated milk.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1336273369' post='2427534']
Oh man I forgot about this thread. Since the last time I've been here, I've tried my hand at slow-cooked pulled pork, baked mac'n'coagulated milk, meatloaf, and grilled tuna and coagulated milk.
[/quote]
I've always loved to eat pulled pork but never made my own. I should try that sometime. How did you make it?
I've only tried baked mac 'n cheeese once. I didn't like it, but I think that was because the recipe was a dud. There was really very little cheeese for mac 'n cheeese.


Oh, and the cinnamon roll pie was amazing! :drool: I don't have a food processor so I made it in the blender. It took forever to get it all blended, but it was SO worth it!

brianthephysicist
Posted

I mixed a few recipes I saw online, but I don't remember which ones.

Basically, I mixed some garlic powder and salt and rubbed it into the meat. Then I chopped up about half an onion (still kind of big pieces) and sliced little pockets into the meat and stuck the onion pieces inside.

I put the meat into the crockpot and filled up the rest of the pot with rootbeer (approx 2~3 cups).

Usually you turn the crockpot on low for 8-9 hours, but since I was an idiot and bought too much meat for the lid to fit, I stuck it in the oven at 220 for 8-9 hours.

After it's done, take it out of the crockpot and pull it apart, with your hands or with a fork or two, to the consistency you want it to be at. I threw out the pieces of onion that were cooked with it and chopped off the large portions of fat as I saw them, but didn't get rid of all of the fat.

Once all was pulled apart, I added some diced onion and two bottles of BBQ sauce (I mixed sweet baby ray's honey BBQ with sweet baby ray's hickory & brown sugar) and mixed by hand. (yay for messy time!!!)

Then put it back into the crockpot on low for 2-3 hours stirring occaisionally and then ready to serve! :eat:




The secret ingredient to this recipe was the root beer.

MissScripture
Posted
:drool: THAT SOUNDS AMAZING! :eat: I will definitely have to try that sometime!
Maximilianus
Posted

is this the thread where you sign up for piecaken classes?

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

We had ribs, baked beans, potato salad, and asparagus (with hollandaise) for dinner. And followed it up with ice cream (I had a root beer float). I feel like I am going to burst. Sunday dinners FTW.

Posted

I went to a Cinco de Mayo party last night and ate ten different types of dessert. I am unashamed.

That said, keep up the good work. I love people who appreciate food as much as I do. :like:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...