An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1326159262' post='2366063']
I made 3 meatloaves, today. One was supper and two to freeze. I think I used too much tomato, so it kind of fell apart, but still tasty.
I also made the strawberry mango ice cream, today. Yesterday, I forgot to freeze the ice cream maker bucket, so I couldn't make it then. I cut the amount of sugar in half from the recipe I posted, and I like it better. :)
Tomorrow I make beef stew. :eat:
[/quote]

I just had beef stew last night. Can't go wrong there.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1326046302' post='2365019']
Today I am making Cincinnati style chili (the only chili I will eat) and cheesy pizza casserole. By the end of today I will have 6 main courses in the freezer. :) That only leaves 22 more meals to account for after Peanut is born before my mom comes to visit and she can cook. :hehe2:
[/quote]

I can't give this enough props. I'm from Cincinnati. Now for the all important question: Skyline or Goldstar?

MissScripture

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1326159598' post='2366070']
Do chili next. Talk about easy food to heat-n-eat. With sour cream and cheeze. Oh man I gotta go.
[/quote]
Chili was made on Sunday. :)

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1326162115' post='2366110']
I can't give this enough props. I'm from Cincinnati. Now for the all important question: Skyline or Goldstar?
[/quote]
Umm...:unsure: Whatever the recipe my aunt gave me was. :idontknow: What is the difference?

MissScripture

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1326165532' post='2366147']
My brother brought me venison! :woot: (It's been years since I had any.)
[/quote]
I LOVE venison! :love: Before we moved we got a bunch from one of our friends. I am hoping maybe we'll get some from my cousins, this year, but I don't know how well they did with hunting this year.

brianthephysicist

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1326165532' post='2366147']
My brother brought me venison! :woot: (It's been years since I had any.)
[/quote]
Two words: Venison Lasagna

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1326163229' post='2366126']
Umm... :unsure: Whatever the recipe my aunt gave me was. :idontknow: What is the difference?
[/quote]

Just curious what's the recipe?

And Skyline and Gold Star are the two major chili restaurants here in cincinnati. Skyline is the classic, its been around forever, Gold Star is newer, and has some different things they do to the chili.

MissScripture

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1326205133' post='2366285']
How'z the beef stew coming? What do you use? We use a cast iron dutch oven.
[/quote]
I had totally forgotten about our cast iron dutch oven. All our cast iron got put in the basement when we moved, because the house we moved into has a glass top stove (which I would NEVER recommend to ANYONE), and we didn't want to scratch or break it. But in the oven, it's fine. The stew turned out well. I had it done before we had to go to the hospital, so Roamin got dinner. I ate a bit, but didn't want to gorge myself. It was pretty tasty. And its in the fridge waiting for us. :)

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1326218191' post='2366441']
Just curious what's the recipe?

And Skyline and Gold Star are the two major chili restaurants here in cincinnati. Skyline is the classic, its been around forever, Gold Star is newer, and has some different things they do to the chili.
[/quote]
I don't know the exact recipe off the top of my head, but there is salsa and chili powder and cinnamon and tomato sauce and hamburger and onion and a little garlic, I think.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1326282876' post='2366827']
I had totally forgotten about our cast iron dutch oven. All our cast iron got put in the basement when we moved, because the house we moved into has a glass top stove (which I would NEVER recommend to ANYONE), and we didn't want to scratch or break it. But in the oven, it's fine. The stew turned out well. I had it done before we had to go to the hospital, so Roamin got dinner. I ate a bit, but didn't want to gorge myself. It was pretty tasty. And its in the fridge waiting for us. :)

I don't know the exact recipe off the top of my head, but there is salsa and chili powder and cinnamon and tomato sauce and hamburger and onion and a little garlic, I think.
[/quote]

Sounds good. Yes about the glass stove top. You know you can put the dutch oven in the oven, right?

Weird that we had beef stew leftovers yesterday for dinner.

MissScripture

Yeah, that's how we used it. But since most of the rest of our cast iron was frying pans, I just didn't think about the fact that we could still use the dutch oven in the oven.

And, since we're back home, I think I might make the chex mix tonight that I had intended to make for Christmas. It sounds like a good "comfort food" right now. :smile3: