MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1326074310' post='2365383'] That & MSG. It's got different names or may even just be called "seasoning". I try to avoid HFC. Sometimes when I really want a soda I will drink Throwback Pepsi or Mexican Coke. Both are made with sugar. Not the greatest thing, but hey... Yeah, it's utterly ridiculous with the HFC. [/quote] I can't drink anything with caffeine, so I don't drink much pop. But I recently found caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper. I usually try to avoid aspartame, too, but for some reason I like diet Dr. Pepper way better than regular, so it's my guilty pleasure.[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1326074365' post='2365385'] I remember my mom used to use Accent, which is pure MSG. wow....what people didn't know back then... [/quote] Yeah, the recipe you gave me for BBQ sauce from your mom had accent in it, though you said to skip it. I still need to make that, sometime...
Maximilianus Posted January 9, 2012 Posted January 9, 2012 [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2005/jul/10/foodanddrink.features3"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2005/jul/10/foodanddrink.features3[/url]
MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1326079859' post='2365447'] [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2005/jul/10/foodanddrink.features3"]http://www.guardian....drink.features3[/url] [/quote] Thank goodness! Before I clicked the link I thought that this might take the same turn as that Cheetos thread. Tomorrow I am making 2 meat loaves, one for dinner and one for the freezer.
brandelynmarie Posted January 9, 2012 Posted January 9, 2012 (edited) I do make homemade miso soup & I use kombu seaweed in my broth. So yes, natural sources are no problem for me. Edited January 9, 2012 by brandelynmarie
brianthephysicist Posted January 9, 2012 Posted January 9, 2012 Aww man I love meatloaf! Is there room for me at your table?
MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 I'm German, there's always enough food for everyone.
brianthephysicist Posted January 9, 2012 Posted January 9, 2012 Haha nice. Then again, I feel like you can do that with most any nationality, "I'm __________, there's always enough food for everyone."
MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 Yeah, but some are more known for the over the top food thing, like Germans and Italians. I don't think of "lots of food" when I hear someone is British...
MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 Other than Fish and Chips, I'm not sure what they eat...
Papist Posted January 9, 2012 Posted January 9, 2012 I always thought it was muffins, but when I was in Manchester I order some English muffins and they didn't know what that was.
MissScripture Posted January 9, 2012 Author Posted January 9, 2012 When I was in London, we went to Drury Lane, and THERE WAS NO MUFFIN MAN! And then we learned that the "Muffin Man" actually referred, essentially, to a pimp. Talk about the death of a childhood fantasy...
brandelynmarie Posted January 10, 2012 Posted January 10, 2012 (edited) *sigh* Edited January 10, 2012 by brandelynmarie
MissScripture Posted January 10, 2012 Author Posted January 10, 2012 I made 3 meatloaves, today. One was supper and two to freeze. I think I used too much tomato, so it kind of fell apart, but still tasty. I also made the strawberry mango ice cream, today. Yesterday, I forgot to freeze the ice cream maker bucket, so I couldn't make it then. I cut the amount of sugar in half from the recipe I posted, and I like it better. Tomorrow I make beef stew.
brandelynmarie Posted January 10, 2012 Posted January 10, 2012 You are on a roll! You Domestic Saint, you!
Papist Posted January 10, 2012 Posted January 10, 2012 Boy, something is awry. Peanut's debut must be near.
MissScripture Posted January 10, 2012 Author Posted January 10, 2012 It's called panic, because this kid could show up any time now.
Papist Posted January 10, 2012 Posted January 10, 2012 Do chili next. Talk about easy food to heat-n-eat. With sour cream and cheeze. Oh man I gotta go.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now