An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

Today is bread baking day. I have 2 loaves rising. I made one cinnamon raisin. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think I may have used too many raisins.

I had a piece of the cinnamon raisin bread. It's delicious. I am so doing that again. Now, I want to branch out and try cheddar herb. Any other suggestions for bread flavors?

IcePrincessKRS

I've got banana bread in the oven. After going to the store and getting a few things we needed I came home and started throwing the bread together... and realized I was out of eggs. The biggest slap in the face? I deliberately rejected the suggestion (from my 9 year old) that we should buy them (this was a quick trip for 3 things, I am doing major shopping this weekend). I substituted chia seeds instead. Crossing my fingers that it turns out well. lol

Yeah, I wouldn't have either of those...

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1348615232' post='2486696']
and by "out of flax" i really mean my darling son dumped the bag out and i haven't bought more yet.
[/quote]
He seems to be on a roll with the dumping of food, huh?

IcePrincessKRS

he is honing his skillz? lol yes unfortunately wasting stuff is a big thing for him lately. at least the yogurt was an accident, though. i can't say the same for the flax or cereal.

IcePrincessKRS

Upside: the banana bread turned out almost exactly the same way as it does with eggs. You can't even tell the seeds are in it. The texture is slightly less fluffy, but my kids don't know the difference. :)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1348541579' post='2486329']
I used this recipe: [url="http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2010/03/08/sourdough-recipes-galore-whole-wheat-crackers/"]http://www.kitchenst...wheat-crackers/[/url]
[/quote]
Exact recipe my wife uses. And yes, they are excellent. Go great with a hoppy beer.

• 3 months later...
PhuturePriest
Today, I made sourdough crackers. YUM! That recipe will be revisted. They tasted like Cheez-Its without the cheese, if that makes any sense...

:notworthy: