An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb's Randomocity Thread

HopefulBride

Maximilianus

Mile and a half, that's good. Whe I have a long lay off from running I start with a mile. I haven't run in a looooooong time, I will have to start with 50 yards.

HopefulBride

Ababa rotfl. My yorkie is willing to run more than that.

Yeah the rain has stopped so now I actually have to go do yard work. Hopefully the weed eater won't work.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1335043742' post='2421734']
Ababa

Yeah the rain has stopped so now I actually have to go do yard work. Hopefully the weed eater won't work.
[/quote]

Is your sister keeping your yorkie after you enter? (If I end up in Florida in a pet friendly place, I'll take the doggy! rotfl)

HopefulBride

She is keeping the yorkie and the yorkie chihuahua. I am giving the chow chihuahua to a friend. I am going to miss my gigi :(

HopefulBride

So I have been thinking lately about this cross that I have that is my student loans and the even bigger cross that means going outside of my reserved self as far as asking for donations (I struggle with inconveniencing others by asking them but I'm learning to trust the Lord on that and follow his urgings when it comes to asking) anyways as I was reading [i]The secret of sanctify, according to St. Francis the Sales and Father Crassel S.J. [/i]I read this passage that just melted my heart.

[quote]If your crucified Savior wills to give you a small share of His sufferings, do not forget that the cross is the only incontestable mark of real love and the strongest bond by which your soul may be united with God. This conviction will give you strength to overcome the repugnance of nature and to bless God in the midst of the most cruel trials [/quote]

OK I had to hold back tears writing this because I find this to be soooo beautiful.

Edited by HopefulBride

HopefulBride

I just realized how much I'm out of touch with the dating world. I just got asked out to coffee and my immediate reaction was to scream, not the squeal type but the horrified type. I guess I thought I wouldn't have to deal with that so now I'm trying to figure out how to respond....

I mean dude is nice and all but I don't want him getting the wrong idea....

You're not boring HB! And you're not the only one out of touch with the dating scene. I had to be told recently I was going out on dates... I just thought dinner was dinner, so what if all seven of them lasted five to eight hours? People beat it through my head "those are dates BG, ask her out formally" for weeks before I did. Then when I used the d-word asking the girl about going to a concert together, she shot me down.

HopefulBride

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1335375522' post='2423248']
You're not boring HB! And you're not the only one out of touch with the dating scene. I had to be told recently I was going out on dates... I just thought dinner was dinner, so what if all seven of them lasted five to eight hours? People beat it through my head "those are dates BG, ask her out formally" for weeks before I did. Then when I used the d-word asking the girl about going to a concert together, she shot me down.
[/quote]

:( she shot you down? well I said ok to coffee because I figure we're going to talk about work and other related stuff. My sis in law thought it was no big deal, I just hope coffee doesn't mean dinner or a movie and then before you know it we're having "dates" I think the idea of this being a date is terrifying because I just want to talk about apps and why apple products are razzle dazzle and why this day and age college students need a beating on the head on the importance of being respectful and all that jazz.

tip for you BG: ask her on a non-date (more dinners and the likes)

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1335124073' post='2421888']
I'm at a party and I just want to go make rosaries. Am I boring?
[/quote]
yes

HopefulBride

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1335386439' post='2423327']
yes
[/quote]

Maybe the party was boring. How about that?

It's been a hectic semester HB, but we did go out to another two non-dates in NYC due to conference and we're going to another non-date during Finals Week to Pancakes at Midnight at my parish.

HopefulBride

woke up with a really really really bad migraine that kept me hostage in bed all day. Now it's down to a grade 7 headache and I am somewhat functional but I a staaaaaarving!!