An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb's Randomocity Thread

HopefulBride

HopefulBride

So went to the Dr. today to go over my test results. Good news is things are improving, my thyroid levels are leveling off. Bad news is I am extremely deficient in Vitamin D and the Dr. says I need supplements,

oh other news (it's more weird than good or bad) I have to [b]have to[/b] exercise about 3-4 days a week. She thinks that it will help with some of my help issues and get my metabolism to act right. I've always avoided exercising because I am barely 90 pounds and afraid I'll lose weight but she has assured me that in my case a lot of the hormone/thyroid issues will be fixed and I'll start [b]gaining [/b]weight. We'll see if she's right, today is going to be day one. I"m taking gigi out for a long walk.

Maximilianus

exercise fixes a lot of things... at least according to my non-existent expert medical opinion.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338851718' post='2440858']
exercise fixes a lot of things... at least according to my non-existent expert medical opinion.
[/quote]

OK now I'm holding you and the doctor to your word. My goal is to hit 100 pounds by October.

PhuturePriest

*Tears of joy* I'm so happy! I fellow short person! I'm only about 110 myself. If anything you will gain weight in muscle because muscle weighs more than fat does. If you do Pilates you will have a very strong back and you will gain bigger muscles all over your body. Has your doctor recommended this, or does she think you should steer clear from it due to medical reasons? If not it's totally worth it, plus you don't even have to work out that much. Thirty minutes a day is plenty. You won't want to do much more once you start to get into it.

Maximilianus

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1338854328' post='2440907']
OK now I'm holding you and the doctor to your word. My goal is to hit 100 pounds by October.
[/quote]

I think you are putting too much emphasis on weight. You have to focus on getting your body's cardiovascular system, muscles and bones in shape, the weight thing will work itself out.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338857205' post='2440942']
I think you are putting too much emphasis on weight. You have to focus on getting your body's cardiovascular system, muscles and bones in shape, the weight thing will work itself out.
[/quote]

Are we backtracking Dr. Maximo?

Maximilianus

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1338864339' post='2441046']
Are we backtracking Dr. Maximo?
[/quote]

how so?

HopefulBride

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338851718' post='2440858']
[/quote]
I deduced that exercise would fix my weight problem but I guess there was a caveat....

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338857205' post='2440942']
[/quote]

I care about the CV systemb but I really want to gain weight, I want a weight gaining guarantee...

sigh, I didn't get to walk gigi yesterday. Went grocery shopping with my sis and we didn't get back until after 9:45 and it was sooo dark. This morning I meant to do it but I woke up late, tonight is not an option since Father H. is leaving us and the youth group core team is having dinner with him. I know these all sound like excuses not to exercise but I am really wanting to do it.... I just need to find the time.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Maximilianus

There really isn't any weight gain guarantee. Navo had this issue, some people just don't put on weight. As you get older you will most likely gain weight. You can always build muscle, which involves more than just walking. Try eating more rice and beans.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338940177' post='2441510']
There really isn't any weight gain guarantee. Navo had this issue, some people just don't put on weight. As you get older you will most likely gain weight. You can always build muscle, which involves more than just walking. Try eating more rice and beans.
[/quote]

Now Rice and beans I can do. Speaking of Nav, have you heard from him? Has he heard from you?

TheresaThoma

HB idea!. When you get out of bed in the morning five pushups (and I mean real ones not the sissy ones on your knees). before you go to bed five more. As you get stronger do more. Also go for a walk on your lunch break. Go for rosary walks. Etc