An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

MissScripture

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334625882' post='2419072']
This is the debate board, not open mic. This is the board where the phamily squabbles, just as around the supper table or over a pint of good beer.
Things are placed here because they do get heated, and people can get argumentative, unreasonable, and annoying.
We love them anyway.

If this is not your style of discussion and its not for everyone we have many other phorums to choose from. By the end of the day, we expect everyone to kiss and make up and be phriends.
[/quote]
We weren't allowed to squabble at the dinner table. If we were going to rough house we had to go outside or downstairs to the family room. :|

Lil'Monster

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334625882' post='2419072']
This is the debate board, not open mic. This is the board where the phamily squabbles, just as around the supper table or over a pint of good beer.
Things are placed here because they do get heated, and people can get argumentative, unreasonable, and annoying.
We love them anyway.

If this is not your style of discussion and its not for everyone we have many other phorums to choose from. By the end of the day, we expect everyone to kiss and make up and be phriends.
[/quote]

I don't want to kiss Winchester or anyone else for that matter.......And besides I do have a sinus infection....I don't want to give anyone my germs.......

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334626809' post='2419087']
I don't want to kiss Winchester or anyone else for that matter.......And besides I do have a sinus infection....I don't want to give anyone my germs.......
[/quote]
You mention me specifically.

Very telling.

MissScripture

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334627158' post='2419091']
You mention me specifically.

Very telling.
[/quote]
Yup, it tells us that she REALLY does NOT want to kiss you.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334626747' post='2419086']
We weren't allowed to squabble at the dinner table. If we were going to rough house we had to go outside or downstairs to the family room. :|
[/quote]

OK for YOU its the family room :)

Lil'Monster

The only person who I want to kiss is my boyfriend.

[size=1]I dont have a boyfriend at this moment.....sorry the drugs are talking before my brain is! lol[/size]

Edited by Lil'Monster

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='StClare_OraProNobis' timestamp='1334624756' post='2419064']
This was a really nice response. It is too bad that your very next comment wasn't as kind. In any case thanks for clarifying what you meant.

I am a bit taken aback by the condescending way people talk to and about each other here. (Not only specific to this thread, although there have been examples in this thread.) This comment is not specific to what you said, HisChildForever, but just a more general observation. It is the way of the world to poke fun and disrespect other people, especially those we disagree with. It should not be the way of the Christian. It seems like some of those comments even get a lot of props.

That being said, I'm out. Peace.
[/quote]
Sup bro,pax(peace) domini(to you),Ive noticed an over indulgence in antagonism too but some or most may be trolls whether catholic or not,some nots may even have catholic as there title and are lying,and than theres some catholic trolls whom are really just searching for truth and having difficulty finding it,thats all of us at times right? Stick with me and christ, where on tha come up. though God is already up there and i'm not asking for an equal chair lol :) ,i'm slow to advance God knows that but this is chess right :). But also some people are antagonistic not because of the person there dis-respecting but only because that person ended up in the firing line of a loaded gun that was possibly meant for someone else whom has the individual oppressed or possibly because there oppresed by there own sins and if you didn't already know the devil has a damed strong grip, we need to understand this or we may end up killing each other. :) aight bless with love(mercy and discipline.)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334626665' post='2419085']
[img]http://clean.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/fap-now-kiss-l.png[/img]
[/quote]

lol, thats me. NOW KISS each other on tha cheek before i cry.

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334627749' post='2419095']
The only person who I want to kiss is my boyfriend.

[size=1]I dont have a boyfriend at this moment.....sorry the drugs are talking before my brain is! lol[/size]
[/quote]
What happened to the dude at the farmhouse after your head injury?

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334628378' post='2419104']
What happened to the dude at the farmhouse after your head injury?
[/quote]

That was a fairy tale. :|

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

the hply kiss talked about by saint thomas the apostle may be more talkiing a spiritual edification or not,i dont know,the symbolic kiss on the cheek by brother and sister,blood(family) and water(bretheren), is a symbolic sign of that holy spiritual edification of compassion for there journey.Like mother and son or daughter and father. This is almost as natural as sex. Unsure whether men are meant to kis yes or no? We may edify each others spirit with a hug. This is a very powerful sign of kinship in christ and is possibly how the communities showed disagreement with an indivduals behaviour by abstaining this holy kiss from an individual removing that physical sign of agreement as an act of discipline to cause the individual to search deeply his or hers self and God in hope to bring to repentance. :) hope that helps. Remember always think,pray about and talk with others anything anyone says is part and parcel with the truth. Especially me to a greater degree coz am full of assumptions spectre layshuns :) oh don't need to examine when the Pope puts his foot down on matters of faith and morals unless he says we all have to bow down to a statue of a dog and pray to it in the holy temple instead of the holy temple. Than we gotta say well hey back to tha catacombs :)

Me and my home boys and home girls hug all tha time yo :)

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

fides' Jack

Yay - HCF is back!!

Every time I see that other girl in the sunglasses I think of HCF, and wonder where she went. Now she's got an avatar of St. Michael. Yay!

So what happened here? I leave for a few days and when I come back everyone goes CRAZY!! Some people need to get a life...

Others have already dropped off, so I think this will be my last post here, too, unless I lose control of my PM urges and succumb to the temptation to post again.

There's a lot of good sense on both sides of the fence, and a lot of bad sense, too. Yes, FP is certainly overstepping himself in certain places. And other people are calling names like "prudish" to make a point. I think, in general, everyone here has the ultimate goal of wanting to go to heaven - even the non-Catholics here.

There are some people who are laying the blame of some of these sins on the wrong person. You know there's something wrong when people are saying that something they did is not bad because they were tempted either by their own lust or by someone else's manner of dress. So, just ignore those comments for now.

FP is right, though, in that experience is not more important than truth. Some things are morally wrong regardless of the amount of experience someone might have. The way we dress is not defined completely by cultural norms. Nor is it entirely a matter of morals. It's in-between. There's a reason that prostitutes are known for dressing a certain way. But we must also keep in mind that there are, in point of fact, people in the world who normally dress in nothing more than a string around their waists holding a rag covering their more personal parts, and this is not considered morally wrong. And there have been times in history (and even currently in some places), where houses hold several families with members of both genders.

But nobody is really talking about that, here. We're mainly talking about western society and culture. Namely, America and Europe.

I gotta go, but one more note: men are more naturally predisposed toward certain types of sin. That's just common knowledge. And it [i]is[/i] naive to think that all men are innocent in their thoughts. Because they're not. And the first priority of guarding women falls to the men, not the women.

But my point is everyone should try to be modest. If you're wondering if something you're wearing is modest, it probably isn't. And if you wear something you know is a little immodest, then that's probably sinful. Everyone should strive to follow God, and that means dying to self. If you can't die to yourself and give up your own opinions for something you know is more in line with God's will, then that's something you have to work on yourself.

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334629011' post='2419114']
FP is certainly overstepping himself in certain places.
[/quote]
and water is wet.

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334628508' post='2419108']
That was a[s] fairy tale[/s] classic troll. :|
[/quote]
fxd

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334631007' post='2419132']
I didn't know what you were dealing with though. I should have been there for you like a gentleman but I am a dumb arse.
[/quote]

Oh my Winnie....do you need a beer or a rum...or a tequilla?