Lil'Monster

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1334631494' post='2419134']
What have we done? Lil'mon is in the debate table :shocking:
[/quote]

I don't know what happened!!! :o

HisChildForever

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334629011' post='2419114']
Yay - HCF is back!!

Every time I see that other girl in the sunglasses I think of HCF, and wonder where she went. Now she's got an avatar of St. Michael. Yay![/quote]

Someone adopted my schtick? :french:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334631643' post='2419136']
I don't know what happened!!! :o
[/quote]
You probably mistaken this thread for the lame board.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1334631814' post='2419138']
You probably mistaken this thread for the lame board.
[/quote]

Wha????? This isn't the lame board??? I thought it was...my bad!!!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334627749' post='2419095']
The only person who I want to kiss is my boyfriend.

[size=1]I dont have a boyfriend at this moment.....sorry the drugs are talking before my brain is! lol[/size]
[/quote]

Since when do drugs and brains speak?

Lil'Monster

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334635326' post='2419148']
Since when do drugs and brains speak?
[/quote]

Since I am sick I have to take something for it. My brain speaks a lot. Don't mess with me. This is what my brain has said....

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334635529' post='2419149']
Since I am sick I have to take something for it. My brain speaks a lot. Don't mess with me. This is what my brain has said....
[/quote]

Well, it may have been what your brain configured and it may have been altered because of the drugs, but I'm pretty sure drugs and brains cannot speak. This is what the mouth and voice box are for, I'm pretty sure. I'm not good at too many subjects, but don't mess with me on biology. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1334636324' post='2419155']
You shouldn't mess with me about anything.....you might have a free trip to the dentist
[/quote]

Sweet. I haven't gone in over a year and I really need to get my teeth cleaned, so if you are going to pay for this I really do appreciate this. We have no health care so you really are a God-send.

Yowie, I go away for 48 hours and I have to spend Hour 49 figuring out what has happened!

I ran out of props 48 hours ago.... and wasn't able to get back on utnil now. I have props now, but not enough time to prop. Good grief!

Unfortunately I can't really contribute much right now as I have to do something in about 10 mins, but didn't want to have you all think I had disappeared permanently.

I think for the most part this has been a pretty good discusison - a little name calling, but generally a good discusison. Not sure anyone changed their minds, but I see a value in us just talking this out for 48 or 72 hours, frankly.....

We're back where we started I think.... some people are arguing from one end of the argument, other from the other, and for the most part we are all saying we are trying to honor God and each other as we do so. This works for me...

As far as 'near occasion of sin' - it isn't just about sex and proximity of housemates. I had reason to explain that to a group of Catholic friends who had never heard of the expression (and what does THAT say about the level of catechesis these days, but that's another topic....) - and the example I gave had NOTHING to do with sex or cohabitation. I told them that I knew EXACTLY where a physical 'near occasion of sin' existed in my very own neighborhood. No I don't live near some people of questionable morals or inappropriate living arranagements.

For me, the biggest near-occasion-of-sin was the entrance to my very own housing complex. Why? Because the boss I had at that time had changed my working hours (and refused to consider any modification) so that I had to leave before the public transit started, which meant that in the middile of a VERY bad winter, I had to walk a mile in pouring rain and wind and fog down a hill in an area where there are NO sidewalks and lots of zooming cars. There was no need to do this change other than her own determination that she needed to throw her power around. Nonetheless, she had that power, and that was her decision. I had to battle getting sick over and over that winter... but more importantly, I had to battle a near occasion of sin.... the location at the base of that little entry way where I turned around a corner and got the full blast of rain, sleet, hail, fog, etc. And of Satan trying to get me to hate and call down maldictions on that lady.

I think the worst kind of sin isn't sexual... it's hate. If we can manage to control ourselves as well as we are on line, I think we all might have a pretty good future..... my 2 cents till I can can get back later.

I love you all.... you are a great Pham... and I bet God loves you for having the courage to stand up for your beliefs.... and to argue in love in His honor. Wow.

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1334627907' post='2419098']
Sup bro,pax(peace) domini(to you),[/quote]

pax domini means pax (peace) domini (of the Lord). Peace of the Lord.

For "peace be with you" it would be pax (peace) te (you) cum (with). Pax tecum (te and cum are combined into a single word when used together)

For peace of the lord be with you it would be pax (peace) domini (of the lord) tecum (with you). For plural it would be pax domini vobiscum peace of the lord be with you all

PhuturePriest

As promised, I will copy and paste what Father John Flynn said.

[i]Dear Miles:

I think you are generally right and living together would place many in a great deal of temptation. There could be exceptions, and I personally know of one case where two good young Catholics of the opposite sex did share an apartment for a time.

Certainly the idea of sharing the same room or bed would not be appropriate.

Another factor to keep in mind is the importance of not causing scandal. In today's society most people would assume that two young people of the opposite sex who live in the same apartment would be intimate with each other.[/i]

"I think you are generally right". A very sure sign that a Priest knows what he's talking about is when he says I know what I'm talking about. :P

However, it was a double-edged sword. He did say it can be done without causing scandal. But he did imply that it is not recommended. My personal choice would be to never do this unless I absolutely had to, but others are free to do so as long as they are careful. The problem with living together for too long is you get too comfortable with each other. Eventually him seeing you in your bra and panties isn't a big deal because he is like a brother now, but this is a very, very bad idea. I'm not saying he'll jump you, but seeing a woman in her bra and panties is extremely tempting for most men. You're seeing the woman practically naked. However, nobody implied the two people in question would be living with each other for years, so this isn't a big deal for this particular debate.

All in all, I would say it is possible to do this without causing scandal or sin, but you should be very careful. I'm not saying you should eye each other suspiciously and suspect the other is undressing you with their eyes and is ready to jump you at any minute, but things happen, and a lot of the time they happen without you even realizing it, and I would warn that you should be cautious and try not to get too comfortable with each other. Then again, this is just my humble opinion. Hopefully when I am Pope I can address this so Catholics aren't left to debate each other on internet sites. :P

All are entitled to their opinions, and I'm not one for debate, so if you would like to continue, please do so without me.

Edited by FuturePriest387