An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710957' post='2408211']
This much is true. However, he has been doing the same exact things to me. I simply tried to relate with him and give him what I think is solid advice. But then he talked about how advice from people younger than him is not valid advice at all. I'm not sure where that puts him when he's fifty and is therefore seventeen years older than Jesus was when he died, but oh well.
[/quote]

a) taking advice from a 15 year old is much different than taking advice from a 31-32-33 year old (even when the person who is considering the advice is 50)
b) Jesus is Jesus. Bad comparison.

People get mad when flip over tables in the bank and whip the moneychangers, even when i dress in white robes and sandals, screaming that i am finishing what Jesus started.

Laudate_Dominum

How quickly some threads become teal deer. I skimmed a couple pages and have no idea what this thread is about. J_lol? Help me out, bro.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332733030' post='2408550']
If your only credentials are Mary and Jesus were young, that means you have no credentials. Listen to people who are telling you: enjoy your youth, but realize that youth is limited experience, especially in matters such as these.

Speaking of pride, the fact that you get so upset and keep harping about how young people are great makes you sound prideful. You basically compared yourself to Mary and Jesus and you don't even realize it. That's pride.

You are huffing about.
You've also never lived under communism. I know many people who have. I dated one. You should never ever compare someone saying that you are young and may not really know what you are talking about to communism. Communism is evil. People saying you are young and be careful about what you say are trying to help you mature. There is a huge difference. Think about your analogies before you use them, please.

I believe the word you are looking for is copper posser or coppery posser ;)

Wow.... just wow.

Rude.

:like:

I have met him. I worked with him to put on a youth conference (irony, eh?) for a little more than a week. He is one of the most humble men I have ever met. Do not compare this to what he went through. It's not similar. Also, please take into account the fact that humans are different. Every one is called to something different. I know men who were called straight out of high school. I know others who were called later in life. It seems to me that age is a hang up for YOU, and not for other people.

What the hell?
[/quote]

Yeah we met! You were a razzle dazzle chick then, and I imagine time has made you even cooler!

missionseeker

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332734719' post='2408572']
Yeah we met! You were a razzle dazzle chick then, and I imagine time has made you even cooler!
[/quote]

I meant I had met Fr. David. :unsure:

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332734983' post='2408574']
I meant I had met Fr. David. :unsure:
[/quote]

#EndSarcasm

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1332735231' post='2408578']
kujo, why are you phishy now? what's up? peace.
[/quote]

Not a big fan of some stuff with the Church. No big change, really. I've always had these disagreements, but I was given the tag because I started voicing them more. It's understandable, but I'd rather just be a non-Catholic on here so I can at least give and receive props and stuff.

missionseeker

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332735735' post='2408582']
#EndSarcasm
[/quote]

:|

I've worked 36 hours since Friday.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332736991' post='2408590']

I've worked 36 hours since Friday.
[/quote]

I feel ya. We just got back from the hospital, visiting our friend who had the baby.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1332734281' post='2408568']
How quickly some threads become teal deer. I skimmed a couple pages and have no idea what this thread is about. J_lol? Help me out, bro.
[/quote]
[img]http://bp1.blogger.com/_nY72TdvmuKk/R_958-R1bYI/AAAAAAAAAXY/SsFJKkIKhL8/s400/failure2communicate.jpg[/img]
[b][size=5][size=4]"What we have here, is a [i]Failure[/i] to communicate!"[/size][/size][/b]

Edited by Jesus_lol

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332735812' post='2408583']
Not a big fan of some stuff with the Church. No big change, really. I've always had these disagreements, but I was given the tag because I started voicing them more. It's understandable, but I'd rather just be a non-Catholic on here so I can at least give and receive props and stuff.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info. I can understand why you'd want that. Phishy status does seem demeaning in a way. Non-Catholic wouldn't have the connotations. Still sounds sads though.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332739182' post='2408599']
[img]http://bp1.blogger.com/_nY72TdvmuKk/R_958-R1bYI/AAAAAAAAAXY/SsFJKkIKhL8/s400/failure2communicate.jpg[/img]
[b][size=5][size=4]"What we have here, is a [i]Failure[/i] to communicate!"[/size][/size][/b]
[/quote]
Normal thread then? Woot!

Marie-Therese

This thread is LULZ.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332711787' post='2408238']
my car has a long history of troubles, and i wouldnt be surprised if it broke down within walking distance of a pub on my way racing to the hospital...

but then that would be short respite, as she would murder me as soon as she was able.

*high five*
[/quote]

Oh no darlin, I wouldn't murder you...that would be too quick. :evil:

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332710109' post='2408189']
That's right!

He just implied that I was so prideful that I felt that I was smarter than God, which is to say that I have broken the 1st Commandment and made myself into a false idol, which ought to mean that I am a blasphemer.

But he didn't call me names.
[/quote]
I would prop this if I could.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332711122' post='2408216']
Let me clarify: I value advice from people who demonstrate that their opinion is worth hearing. You don't know me, so my opinions of you ought to be moot. And that feeling would be mutual.
[/quote]
I would prop this too.