An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1332699971' post='2408067']
Can I just put it out there that I think you're one of the most reasonable people here, Basilisa? :love:
[/quote]
[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332700504' post='2408073']
[img]http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/neil-patrick-harris-spit-take.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Kind words AND a gif of disbelief??? Awwww, you guys really DO care! :dance:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332711884' post='2408241']
btw, this thread is looking like when Delivery Boy decided he was gonna pass judgement on my conscious and religious values out of no where a few days ago.

MT stepped in and annihilated, terminating with extreme prejudice. it was glorious.
[/quote]

I would like the link to this. Angry Peyton is my hero. I have much to learn from her. ;)

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1332715600' post='2408296']
Kind words AND a gif of disbelief??? Awwww, you guys really DO care! :dance:
[/quote]

Naturally!

And can it, Peters.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332708758' post='2408164']
this is how i will sum up this whole thread:

:doh:
[/quote]

I don't think this means

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332708963' post='2408168']
:owned:
[/quote]

what you think it means.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1332716471' post='2408302']
I would like the link to this. Angry Peyton is my hero. I have much to learn from her. ;)
[/quote]

start here [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/119591-why-i-have-been-a-jerk-lately/page__st__20#entry2398092"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/119591-why-i-have-been-a-jerk-lately/page__st__20#entry2398092[/url]
and keep reading :P

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1332716471' post='2408302']

And can it, Peters.
[/quote]
The only thing I regret about the improvements in computer technology is the apparent increase of computers in kitchens.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1332716710' post='2408304']
I don't think this means

what you think it means.
[/quote]

Oh no, I realize it was directed at all of us.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332719528' post='2408338']
The only thing I regret about the improvements in computer technology is the apparent increase of computers in kitchens.
[/quote]

The ironic thing about this statement is that my laptop IS currently in my kitchen. Phatmassing whilst making tomato sauce. So does that mean you win? :P

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332708705' post='2408163']
Next time, dude! MiKolbe and I grabbed some beers and food when he was here in February. He's now more attractive ( not hard to improve on his desultory baseline) and more intelligent. Hanging out with me has its perks!
[/quote]

I am convinced that Kujo has a phisy tag because he has more intellectual honesty and integrity in his little finger than most have in their whole body.

yeah, i flopping said it.

Kujo you just need to do like everyone else that doesnt have a phishy tag/has a militant tag. when you dont agree with the church on something, just dont post about it.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1332720801' post='2408349']
The ironic thing about this statement is that my laptop IS currently in my kitchen. Phatmassing whilst making tomato sauce. So does that mean you win? :P
[/quote]
Winning is about setting proper conditions for victory.

missionseeker

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332701560' post='2408079']
I was being sarcastic, first of all, because trying and trolling are most certainly not the same thing. Secondly, I'm fifteen. Mary was thirteen when she conceived Jesus and went to Elizabeth and said things that basically translate into "I'm humble, I'm amazing, people will venerate me until the end of age." If Mary was here and told people on this site those things they would give her a mouth-full simply because of her age and what she's saying about herself. Saints that were very young have said extremely profound things, so don't push me aside because I'm fifteen.
[/quote]

If your only credentials are Mary and Jesus were young, that means you have no credentials. Listen to people who are telling you: enjoy your youth, but realize that youth is limited experience, especially in matters such as these.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707965' post='2408149']
If you want my honest opinion (Which I know you don't because I'm much too young), I think you have pride issues, which can be linked to your problems with some of the Church's teachings. You're perhaps too prideful to admit that maybe one of your opinions is wrong and the Church is right, and you're perhaps too prideful to listen to a fifteen year old. This is simply shooting in the dark, but it's a possibility. In the meantime, I'll pray for you.
[/quote]

Speaking of pride, the fact that you get so upset and keep harping about how young people are great makes you sound prideful. You basically compared yourself to Mary and Jesus and you don't even realize it. That's pride.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332708363' post='2408155']
I'm not huffing about it. I simply hear it all the time and it deserves a response. It's illogical and it's uncharitable. Besides, how am I supposed to respond to it without using examples of smart young people? You can't blast away Communism without pointing out the Communist countries that fell apart because of it. You need examples.
[/quote]
You are huffing about.
You've also never lived under communism. I know many people who have. I dated one. You should never ever compare someone saying that you are young and may not really know what you are talking about to communism. Communism is evil. People saying you are young and be careful about what you say are trying to help you mature. There is a huge difference. Think about your analogies before you use them, please.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332708410' post='2408157']
Do your friends ever call you a wet blanket? Stick in the mud? Debbie Downer?

This was a thread intended to be funny. A few people took it the wrong way and offered words of encouragement, which I graciously thanked then for. Then you come on and admonish someone you don't even know, and I make a joke out of it. You persist, and then call me prideful because I took offense.

I could dissect you and your shortcomings, but it wouldn't be charitable. Instead I'll offer a word of advice--if you don't know someone, keep your mouth shut. Unless you're behind your computer screen, in which case type up a lengthy, inappropriately serious and assumption-laden post and send it on through. They have a word for that. Actually they have several, but the only one that would make it through the censors is online tough guy.
[/quote]

I believe the word you are looking for is copper posser or coppery posser ;)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710551' post='2408199']
Everyone deals with pride. I dealt with pride and still do deal with pride. However, you said things that implied you may have a problem with it. You mentioned you've got tons of books and nobody would dare say you weren't well educated, which means you have a very high opinion of your views, as you think they are based on study and logical conclusion.
[/quote]
Wow.... just wow.

Rude.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332710573' post='2408201']
My guess is that they hadn't read 1 Timothy 4:12
[/quote]

:like:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332711299' post='2408226']
But I simply do not understand this. Just because I do not know you does not mean I cannot have valid opinions. I'm sure you have many valid opinions, and I would probably agree with you on a lot of things. I listen to anybody that knows what he/she is talking about. I've never met Father David Mary of the Franciscan Brothers Minor, but I agree and listen to everything he says on the site.
[/quote]

I have met him. I worked with him to put on a youth conference (irony, eh?) for a little more than a week. He is one of the most humble men I have ever met. Do not compare this to what he went through. It's not similar. Also, please take into account the fact that humans are different. Every one is called to something different. I know men who were called straight out of high school. I know others who were called later in life. It seems to me that age is a hang up for YOU, and not for other people.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332713836' post='2408280']
I'd like your post, but I liked too many of Lil' Red's. I wouldn't complain to her about it, though. It is evident through this thread that redheads are scary beasts that will destroy you in seconds.
[/quote]

What the hell?

Edited by missionseeker

MissScripture

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332733030' post='2408550']
If your only credentials are Mary and Jesus were young, that means you have no credentials. Listen to people who are telling you: enjoy your youth, but realize that youth is limited experience, especially in matters such as these.

Speaking of pride, the fact that you get so upset and keep harping about how young people are great makes you sound prideful. You basically compared yourself to Mary and Jesus and you don't even realize it. That's pride.

You are huffing about.
You've also never lived under communism. I know many people who have. I dated one. You should never ever compare someone saying that you are young and may not really know what you are talking about to communism. Communism is evil. People saying you are young and be careful about what you say are trying to help you mature. There is a huge difference. Think about your analogies before you use them, please.

I believe the word you are looking for is copper posser or coppery posser ;)

Wow.... just wow.

Rude.

:like:

I have met him. I worked with him to put on a youth conference (irony, eh?) for a little more than a week. He is one of the most humble men I have ever met. Do not compare this to what he went through. It's not similar. Also, please take into account the fact that humans are different. Every one is called to something different. I know men who were called straight out of high school. I know others who were called later in life. It seems to me that age is a hang up for YOU, and not for other people.

What the hell?
[/quote]
:love: