An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332701180' post='2408077']
Aren't you, like, 13 or something? Am I really being lectured on trolling and proper catholic teaching by someone younger than that Justin Beaver kid?
[/quote]

DANGIT I CAN'T GIVE THIS PROPS? LAME!

I think it's funny when self-proclaimed conservatives like yourself, FP resort to liberal tactic name calling when there's nothing else up your arsenal.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332708420' post='2408159']
He wanted to enter younger than then. And that's besides the point.
[/quote]
But did he?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332709696' post='2408180']
But did he?
[/quote]

No, because they wouldn't let him.

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1332709643' post='2408178']
I think it's funny when self-proclaimed conservatives like yourself, FP resort to liberal tactic name calling when there's nothing else up your arsenal.
[/quote]

I didn't resort to name-calling. Not once did I call him a name.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332709836' post='2408184']I didn't resort to name-calling. Not once did I call him a name.[/quote]
:| I was talking about "him"... :|

Isn't an adult getting into a serious argument with a 15 year old on the interment by definition trolling?

That's what it says on my Troll License.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332709836' post='2408184']

I didn't resort to name-calling. Not once did I call him a name.
[/quote]

That's right!

He just implied that I was so prideful that I felt that I was smarter than God, which is to say that I have broken the 1st Commandment and made myself into a false idol, which ought to mean that I am a blasphemer.

But he didn't call me names.

Hmmmm...you may be right, Anomly. Good thing I'm not arguing with FP over anything serious.

Edited by r2Dtoo

Archaeology cat

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332708705' post='2408163']

Next time, dude! MiKolbe and I grabbed some beers and food when he was here in February. He's now more attractive ( not hard to improve on his desultory baseline) and more intelligent. Hanging out with me has its perks!
[/quote]Wait, Kolbe was there in February, too?! I missed hanging out with both of you?! Man, I gotta get better at meeting up with people.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1332710255' post='2408194']
Wait, Kolbe was there in February, too?! I missed hanging out with both of you?! Man, I gotta get better at meeting up with people.
[/quote]

Yeah he was in on business. He comes into town for a big convention each year.

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1332709642' post='2408177']

DANGIT I CAN'T GIVE THIS PROPS? LAME!
[/quote]

Right?!?! That's my point!

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332709836' post='2408184']
No, because they wouldn't let him.
[/quote]
Why do you suppose?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332710109' post='2408189']
That's right!

He just implied that I was so prideful that I felt that I was smarter than God, which is to say that I have broken the 1st Commandment and made myself into a false idol, which ought to mean that I am a blasphemer.

But he didn't call me names.
[/quote]

Everyone deals with pride. I dealt with pride and still do deal with pride. However, you said things that implied you may have a problem with it. You mentioned you've got tons of books and nobody would dare say you weren't well educated, which means you have a very high opinion of your views, as you think they are based on study and logical conclusion.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332710453' post='2408197']

Why do you suppose?
[/quote]

My guess is that they hadn't read 1 Timothy 4:12

Edited by kujo

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332710453' post='2408197']
Why do you suppose?
[/quote]

Did you read all of the link, or should you perhaps re-read it again? He mentioned why.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710551' post='2408199']
Everyone deals with pride. I dealt with pride and still do deal with pride. However, you said things that implied you may have a problem with it. You mentioned you've got tons of books and nobody would dare say you weren't well educated, which means you have a very high opinion of your views, as you think they are based on study and logical conclusion.
[/quote]

Or maybe you should just lay off. Believe it or not the spiritual work of mercy "admonish the sinner" does not apply to all people at all times.

Yes it is important to correct our brothers and sisters out of charity and when prudent. The key is "and when prudent". Failing to uphold one of the cardinal virtues in order to fulfill a spiritual work of mercy is not a good thing... and quite honestly the internet with someone you don't know well is not a prudent time or place to admonish the sinner.