An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332709590' post='2408176']
we are a brave group, we men who have endeavored to date the fire haired maidens of the world
[/quote]

you won't know bravery until your redhead is in labor with your child. :| (just ask my husband)

R2. What we argue about doesn't have to be serious. Quoting from my Troll Study Guide, chapter three, "Four replys from both parties will make the argument Troll serious, regardless of the topic, and especially if MLP were mentioned by either party". I know ponies weren't mentioned ( yet), but I think standards were met.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710551' post='2408199']

Everyone deals with pride. I dealt with pride and still do deal with pride. However, you said things that implied you may have a problem with it. You mentioned you've got tons of books and nobody would dare say you weren't well educated, which means you have a very high opinion of your views, as you think they are based on study and logical conclusion.
[/quote]

I was answering the statement made by Groo regarding the possibility that my disagreements with Church teaching stems from not having read the actual text of a lack of knowledge of their basis and the like. My point is that I'm not the type to come to conclusions without reading up on the issue and giving it a great deal of thought. I'm a book nerd. That doesn't mean my opinions are ironclad or that I'm somehow incapable of being wrong. Just that my folks raised me to place a high value on being measured and considerate and not dropping to hasty conclusions.

Of course you'd know this if you knew me IRL. But you don't, and you probably don't know anyone else on PM in the real world. So, again, save your psychological counsel for someone who values it. I don't.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710586' post='2408202']
Did you read all of the link, or should you perhaps re-read it again? He mentioned why.
[/quote]
I stopped reading when I saw that he was 19 when he entered. I wasn't really too interested in reading more.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1332710765' post='2408204']
Or maybe you should just lay off. Believe it or not the spiritual work of mercy "admonish the sinner" does not apply to all people at all times.

Yes it is important to correct our brothers and sisters out of charity and when prudent. The key is "and when prudent". Failing to uphold one of the cardinal virtues in order to fulfill a spiritual work of mercy is not a good thing... and quite honestly the internet with someone you don't know well is not a prudent time or place to admonish the sinner.
[/quote]

This much is true. However, he has been doing the same exact things to me. I simply tried to relate with him and give him what I think is solid advice. But then he talked about how advice from people younger than him is not valid advice at all. I'm not sure where that puts him when he's fifty and is therefore seventeen years older than Jesus was when he died, but oh well.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332709590' post='2408176']

we are a brave group, we men who have endeavored to date the fire haired maidens of the world
[/quote]

They're worth it.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710957' post='2408211']
This much is true. However, he has been doing the same exact things to me. I simply tried to relate with him and give him what I think is solid advice. But then he talked about how advice from people younger than him is not valid advice at all. I'm not sure where that puts him when he's fifty and is therefore seventeen years older than Jesus was when he died, but oh well.
[/quote]
You keep saying things like this...I just want to confirm that you recognize that people listen to Jesus because he's God, not because he's older?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332711034' post='2408214']
You keep saying things like this...I just want to confirm that you recognize that people listen to Jesus because he's God, not because he's older?
[/quote]

I do know this. But Kujo made it perfectly clear that since I am younger than he is my advice and opinions are not worth much.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332710957' post='2408211']

[/quote]

Let me clarify: I value advice from people who demonstrate that their opinion is worth hearing. You don't know me, so my opinions of you ought to be moot. And that feeling would be mutual.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332710855' post='2408207']
R2. What we argue about doesn't have to be serious. Quoting from my Troll Study Guide, chapter three, "Four replys from both parties will make the argument Troll serious, regardless of the topic, and especially if MLP were mentioned by either party". I know ponies weren't mentioned ( yet), but I think standards were met.
[/quote]
*whistle whistle beep beep*
[img]http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/vitaminj861/pinkie_pie_vector__not_amused_by_takua770-d3fykrv.png[/img]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332711120' post='2408215']

I do know this. But Kujo made it perfectly clear that since I am younger than he is my advice and opinions are not worth much.
[/quote]

Opinions emanating from avatars on a message board aren't worth much as a general rule, until proven otherwise.

[img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/This-Thread-smells of elderberries-Zoidberg.jpg[/img]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332711034' post='2408214']

[/quote]

I just laughed really loud at this, and I imagine I will have this in my head all day.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332711122' post='2408216']
Let me clarify: I value advice from people who demonstrate that their opinion is worth hearing. You don't know me, so my opinions of you ought to be moot. And that feeling would be mutual.
[/quote]

But I simply do not understand this. Just because I do not know you does not mean I cannot have valid opinions. I'm sure you have many valid opinions, and I would probably agree with you on a lot of things. I listen to anybody that knows what he/she is talking about. I've never met Father David Mary of the Franciscan Brothers Minor, but I agree and listen to everything he says on the site.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332711299' post='2408226']
I listen to anybody that knows what he/she is talking about.
[/quote]

How do you know that I know what I'm talking about?

How do I know you know what you're talking about?

And who's on first base?