An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332705722' post='2408126']

That's not the point. Let's just say Mary was to come in this day and age and Jesus was going to be born in this century, and Mary said what she said to Elizabeth on here. How do you think people would react? She was after all just thirteen, and here she is saying all of these things about herself? It sounds like she has a gigantic ego if you read it incorrectly.

You can go through a lot in just fifteen years of life. I'm not saying I've lived under Stalin or anything, but I've probably seen things and experienced things that you wouldn't want to think about.
[/quote]

All the same, I'll take my spiritual counsel from my elders. Thanks.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332706628' post='2408133']
All the same, I'll take my spiritual counsel from my elders. Thanks.
[/quote]

Saint Paul said to young Bishop Timothy: "Let no one look down upon you because of your youth." Take spiritual counsel from your elders. I'll take spiritual counsel from Saint Paul.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707057' post='2408135']
Saint Paul said to young Bishop Timothy: "Let no one look down upon you because of your youth." Take spiritual counsel from your elders. I'll take spiritual counsel from Saint Paul.
[/quote]
[i]Bishop[/i] Timothy.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707057' post='2408135']

[/quote]

Give me a holler when you become a bishop, k?

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332707106' post='2408136']

[i]Bishop[/i] Timothy.
[/quote]

Were you trying to get a hold of me the other day via PM? I saw that you wrote on my wall here.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332707231' post='2408137']
Give me a holler when you become a bishop, k?
[/quote]

I honestly don't know how you can get offended when people say you troll when in fact this is all you've portrayed here. Saint Padre Pio entered the Capuchin Franciscans at age fifteen. Would you have turned down his advice just because he was fifteen? I would hope not.

Perhaps you should read this link by Father David Mary on age discrimination:
http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Discernment_Part_X_-_Age_Discrimination.html He is after all older than I.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707532' post='2408143']

I honestly don't know how you can get offended when people say you troll when in fact this is all you've portrayed here. Saint Padre Pio entered the Capuchin Franciscans at age fifteen. Would you have turned down his advice just because he was fifteen? I would hope not.
[/quote]

Give me a holler when you enter the Franciscans, k?

And I've been on here for 7 years dude. I don't visit every day, but ask around and they tell you that I'm anything but a lurker.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332707487' post='2408141']
Were you trying to get a hold of me the other day via PM? I saw that you wrote on my wall here.
[/quote]
Yeah. I can't remember what about, now.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332707815' post='2408147']
Give me a holler when you enter the Franciscans, k?

And I've been on here for 7 years dude. I don't visit every day, but ask around and they tell you that I'm anything but a lurker.
[/quote]

If you want my honest opinion (Which I know you don't because I'm much too young), I think you have pride issues, which can be linked to your problems with some of the Church's teachings. You're perhaps too prideful to admit that maybe one of your opinions is wrong and the Church is right, and you're perhaps too prideful to listen to a fifteen year old. This is simply shooting in the dark, but it's a possibility. In the meantime, I'll pray for you.

If you want people to think you are wise, when they comment on your age, [i]don't huff about it.[/i] And don't mention saints or clergy in defense.

It makes you look insecure. Just let it roll.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707532' post='2408143']

Perhaps you should read this link by Father David Mary on age discrimination:
[url="http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Discernment_Part_X_-_Age_Discrimination.html"]http://franciscanbro...rimination.html[/url] He is after all older than I. [/quote]

[quote][color=#000000][font=TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT,]Many years ago, when I entered religious life, it was thought that I was too young and should probably wait to enter the Franciscan Order. After a year of college I once again applied to enter and was accepted at the age of 19. Of course, there was still a mistrust of my youth. I was received with the stipulation that I would probably be doing two years of Postulancey before I would be considered for novitiate. So longing to follow the call upon my heart, I entered. I thought to myself, “Better to be a postulant for two years, live the life, rather then spend another year out here in the world”.[/font][/color][/quote]
He entered at 19. That's about 130% as old as you are. A 19 year old has experienced and grown a lot more than a 15 year old, and I [i]still [/i]would take anything a 19 year old told me with a grain of salt.
It would be like saying that an 11 year old is as credible as you are - you're the same distance in age apart.

Archaeology cat

Kujo! I forgot to give you a shout when I was in Orlando. Of course, I also had no voice then. Such is life.

Personally, I love my non-Catholic tag here on PM. Has a razzle dazzle smilie it and everything. Props are amesome too.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332708112' post='2408151']
If you want people to think you are wise, when they comment on your age, [i]don't huff about it.[/i] And don't mention saints or clergy in defense.

It makes you look insecure. Just let it roll.
[/quote]

I'm not huffing about it. I simply hear it all the time and it deserves a response. It's illogical and it's uncharitable. Besides, how am I supposed to respond to it without using examples of smart young people? You can't blast away Communism without pointing out the Communist countries that fell apart because of it. You need examples.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332707965' post='2408149']

If you want my honest opinion (Which I know you don't because I'm much too young), I think you have pride issues, which can be linked to your problems with some of the Church's teachings. You're perhaps too prideful to admit that maybe one of your opinions is wrong and the Church is right, and you're perhaps too prideful to listen to a fifteen year old. This is simply shooting in the dark, but it's a possibility. In the meantime, I'll pray for you.
[/quote]

Do your friends ever call you a wet blanket? Stick in the mud? Debbie Downer?

This was a thread intended to be funny. A few people took it the wrong way and offered words of encouragement, which I graciously thanked then for. Then you come on and admonish someone you don't even know, and I make a joke out of it. You persist, and then call me prideful because I took offense.

I could dissect you and your shortcomings, but it wouldn't be charitable. Instead I'll offer a word of advice--if you don't know someone, keep your mouth shut. Unless you're behind your computer screen, in which case type up a lengthy, inappropriately serious and assumption-laden post and send it on through. They have a word for that. Actually they have several, but the only one that would make it through the censors is online tough guy.