An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I "renounce" Catholicism...

kujo

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1332708259' post='2408152']
He entered at 19. That's about 130% as old as you are. A 19 year old has experienced and grown a lot more than a 15 year old, and I [i]still [/i]would take anything a 19 year old told me with a grain of salt.
It would be like saying that an 11 year old is as credible as you are - you're the same distance in age apart.
[/quote]

He wanted to enter younger than then. And that's besides the point.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1332708363' post='2408155']
I'm not huffing about it. I simply hear it all the time and it deserves a response. It's illogical and it's uncharitable. Besides, how am I supposed to respond to it without using examples of smart young people? You can't blast away Communism without pointing out the Communist countries that fell apart because of it. You need examples.
[/quote]
Ok, that concluding sentence right there....what was that? :|

I'm not huffing about it. I simply hear it all the time and it deserves a response. It's illogical and it's uncharitable. Besides, how am I supposed to respond to it without using examples of smart young people? You can't blast away Communism without pointing out the Communist countries that fell apart because of it. You need examples.
[/quote]

When you're canonized for being smart and young, give me a holler, k?

(Now who's being prideful)

Edited by kujo

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332708410' post='2408157']
Do your friends ever call you a wet blanket? Stick in the mud? Debbie Downer?

This was a thread intended to be funny. A few people took it the wrong way and offered words of encouragement, which I graciously thanked then for. Then you come on and admonish someone you don't even know, and I make a joke out of it. You persist, and then call me prideful because I took offense.

I could dissect you and your shortcomings, but it wouldn't be charitable. Instead I'll offer a word of advice--if you don't know someone, keep your mouth shut. Unless you're behind your computer screen, in which case type up a lengthy, inappropriately serious and assumption-laden post and send it on through. They have a word for that. Actually they have several, but the only one that would make it through the censors is online tough guy.
[/quote]

I didn't condemn you or anything. I gave you advice because I could relate to you. Trust me, the last thing I wanted to do was admit that the Church was a higher authority and that maybe preemptive strikes aren't the most effective and humane ways of winning a war. Then you responded, told me I was too young and therefore pushed me to the side, and I gave a commentary on that.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1332708304' post='2408153']
Kujo! I forgot to give you a shout when I was in Orlando. Of course, I also had no voice then. Such is life.
[/quote]

Next time, dude! MiKolbe and I grabbed some beers and food when he was here in February. He's now more attractive ( not hard to improve on his desultory baseline) and more intelligent. Hanging out with me has its perks!

[/quote]
How you bust away skepticism about your age is by acting wise beyond your years, and this isn't that.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332708758' post='2408164']
this is how i will sum up this whole thread:

:doh:
[/quote]

Could that be a new label? The :doh: group!

Lil Red, you sure have been hitting your forehead alot lately. You must have quite a headache by now.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332708758' post='2408164']
this is how i will sum up this whole thread:

:doh:
[/quote]

:owned:

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332708929' post='2408165']

How you bust away skepticism about your age is by acting wise beyond your years, and this isn't that.
[/quote]

I will say this--his writing skills and grammar are above reproach for a 15 year old!

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1332708944' post='2408167']Lil Red, you sure have been hitting your forehead alot lately. You must have quite a headache by now.[/quote]

you misunderstand. i don't hit [b]my[/b] forehead, i hit other people's foreheads. :)

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332708931' post='2408166']Could that be a new label? The :doh: group![/quote]

:| well you see....actually nevermind. :|

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1332708944' post='2408167']
Lil Red, you sure have been hitting your forehead alot lately. You must have quite a headache by now.
[/quote]

She's a red head. They feel no pain...my ginger-blonde fiancée told me so!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332709048' post='2408170']
you misunderstand. i don't hit [b]my[/b] forehead, i hit other people's foreheads. :)
[/quote]

Precisely. He's just too brain-damaged to comprehend that.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332709086' post='2408171']
She's a red head. They feel no pain...my ginger-blonde fiancée told me so!
[/quote]

we are a brave group, we men who have endeavored to date the fire haired maidens of the world