Papist Posted March 13, 2013 Author Posted March 13, 2013 What do you *think* is going to happen??? I seen this before. What he is trying to do is spin by having the up and down escalators stabilizing him. Most people fail....as this illustrates.
MIKolbe Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 My favorite wrestler, actually, was Dean Malenko.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I like Mark Henry out of today's wrestlers: He is the only one that can occasionally give the Undertaker fits. Not that I can't stand the Undertaker That would be like thinking lightsabers were awful but you still like star wars. I do agree though that the old stuff is the best. Andre the Giant Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Tony Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 Percey Pringle/Paul Bearer recently died too. RIP! Yeah I used to watch quite a bit of WCCW When ESPN showed reruns in the late 80's early 90's. Wild Bil Irwin, Missing Link, Ice Man King Parsons, Bruiser Brody, Rick Rude, Chris Adams, Jerry Lawler. man those were the days
Beati Pacifici Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 My favorite wrestler, actually, was Dean Malenko. You my friend. . .are the most amazing! The Man of 1000 Holds. . .most underrated American wrestler ever! Double props!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted March 14, 2013 Posted March 14, 2013 Oh another one I am big on, my supervisor/friend's grandparents used to babysit him: the Boston Brawler (Known as the Brooklyn Brawler for quite a while, but he got smart and started cheering for the Sox ^__^ ). He was a paid loser lol. No hall of fame votes for that guy, but still musta been fun being in that shape and getting in on that kind of action. My supervisors autograph which was done prolly late 90s he said was his 4th ever. My buddy said the Brawler looked more excited about it then him lol. My buddy lost the autograph in the fire :-/ . I think my uncle met a few of the 70s guys. Like I guess he sold popcorn at a place they wrestled occasionally. I'd have to ask my mom again. My folks will huddle up behind me almost no matter what if the volume is high and I am on youtube and it's got George "The Animal" Steel, Chief Jay Strongbow or The 8th Wonder of the World Andreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Giant!!! The giving tree at Christmas time this past year I got two items: A Market basket gift card and some elderly guy I made happy with the last Wrestlemania DVD lol. Good for him I thought.
Beati Pacifici Posted March 14, 2013 Posted March 14, 2013 Oh another one I am big on, my supervisor/friend's grandparents used to babysit him: the Boston Brawler (Known as the Brooklyn Brawler for quite a while, but he got smart and started cheering for the Sox ^__^ ). He was a paid loser lol. No hall of fame votes for that guy, but still musta been fun being in that shape and getting in on that kind of action. My supervisors autograph which was done prolly late 90s he said was his 4th ever. My buddy said the Brawler looked more excited about it then him lol. My buddy lost the autograph in the fire :-/ . I think my uncle met a few of the 70s guys. Like I guess he sold popcorn at a place they wrestled occasionally. I'd have to ask my mom again. My folks will huddle up behind me almost no matter what if the volume is high and I am on youtube and it's got George "The Animal" Steel, Chief Jay Strongbow or The 8th Wonder of the World Andreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Giant!!! The giving tree at Christmas time this past year I got two items: A Market basket gift card and some elderly guy I made happy with the last Wrestlemania DVD lol. Good for him I thought. Steve Lombardi (Brooklyn Brawler) is a highly respected wrestler though among the boys in the back. He actually does a lot of behind the scenes work (I think he was a road agent at one time). But yeah, he was a jobber for almost all of hi career! LOL. I would love to have met those wrestlers! I did meet George South recently (terrific indy wrestler, used to wrestle in the mid-atlantic territory in the 80s) and he was amazing! Hella nice. Gave out free autographs at the show and bible tracts at the show. I even talked to him for a bit and he was so sincere and just a great guy to talk to. There is another wrestling show coming up this weekend. . .I wanna go soooooooo bad! :)
Tony Posted March 14, 2013 Posted March 14, 2013 Guys that hardly ever/never win a match are often known as "jobbers". Does anyone remember Barry Harowitz? I think he finally did win a couple matches late in his WWF/E career.
Beati Pacifici Posted March 14, 2013 Posted March 14, 2013 Oh yeah! Remember when he upset Hakushi :lol:
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 OK so here's the scoop: My mom and uncle many, many, many, many moons ago sold popcorn at a venue that did WWE (At the time F) events sometimes. I think it might have been my mom's first job. She sold soda to Hulk Hogan himself and some others, which she couldn't be bothered to tell me at supper tonight. Now in the Rocky movies he is the Toughest Caucasian opponent he faces in the movies. In Rocky's filmed career of Boxing he goes 13-3-1. So his three losses come against SPOILERS WARNING Creed, Lang, and Dixon, who are all African. The only White guy good enough to tie Rocky was Thunderlips (Hulk Hogan). "THE ULTIMATE MAN VS. THE ULTIMATE MEATBALL!!!" He says. "Why ya doing this Rocky??" Mick "For charity" "Nobody does this much for charity Rocky," Holy cow, how much do you think this guy eats in a day," Ring announcer, "AND IN THE OTHER CORNER WEIGHING 216 LBS..." "216 lbs," . "Ha ha very funny,"
Recommended Posts