An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trisha's Multifarious Musings

xTrishaxLynnx

xTrishaxLynnx

You're too funny AnneLine. You got it; you don't have to re-read, though you might get a laugh or two out of it. :P And thank you so much for the prayers!

On a less happy note: Quite suddenly, one of my wisdom teeth has decided to bother me... :pinch: One of the ones that is "impacted," of course. I spoke too soon in the wisdom teeth thread, cause now the right lower side of my mouth is very irritated, sore, and swollen. :hmmm: If it weren't already 5am, I'd knock myself out with Tylenol PM, but as it is, I think I'm going to be going without sleep at least until this pain subsides a bit. Lord, let that be soon! :beg:

Sorry about the wisdom teeth..... that hurts. Don't know if there is any truth to the clove oil making teeth stop hurting idea, but you can try it.....

On the bird theme..... this always makes me laugh (and feel better if I am feeling sick....)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOiyD26cJ2A&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOiyD26cJ2A&feature=related[/url]

You with your tooth and me with my eye! Between us we have at least one horror picture, yes?

However, I am going to try to get a few bits of sleep... it's a little earlier on the West Coast.... but I sure hope you feel better!

Edited by AnneLine

xTrishaxLynnx

Oh, and I've never even heard of clove oil. I'm assuming I can get it at a natural foods store?

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1346060270' post='2474825']
You with your tooth and me with my eye! Between us we have at least one horror picture, yes?

However, I am going to try to get a few bits of sleep... it's a little earlier on the West Coast.... but I sure hope you feel better!
[/quote]

Yes, we make quite the pair right now haha! Hope you sleep well!

xTrishaxLynnx

At first I thought the second one hadn't gone through, then I looked on the previous page and there it is, and it says it was posted a full minute before the other. :crazy:

Oh... I can answer that (and yes I really AM on the way to bed....)

it is what BG and I call the 'ghost' - when a post is at the bottom of the page, it kind of hides behind a post and you don't realize it is in there... and then if someone makes changes to a post, or adds another post, suddently it reappears and then it makes the times all screwy. I adopted the green ghost logo during a time when it was REALLY acting oddly....

I hope this makes sense - my eye is really not seeing quite what it should see... it wants to see a dark room and some covers.....

Either that, or both of us aren't seeing straight about now...... take care! heading off now....

Edited by AnneLine

Clove oil - oil of cloves -- or even chewing on a clove (sounds horrible, but....)

Anyway, supposedly it was used as a natural anesthetic before there were good dental removal things around.... I don't know if it works or not, but if you have cloves in the kitchen (and don't mind smelling like a ham ready for the oven) chewing on one is suposed to work.... I'd chew on the other side just to be safe.....

[url="http://earthnotes.tripod.com/clove.htm"]http://earthnotes.tripod.com/clove.htm[/url]

[b][size="2"]For [color="#dc143c"]toothache[/color], clove tea has been used in combination with chamomile or sage; also, a whole clove chewed, or one drop oil of clove being placed in the offending cavity, or the oil used to moisten a small bit of cotton ball and placed within the cavity like a filling. The oil has a long history of use as an antiseptic and topical anesthetic in dentistry.[/size][/b]

'take 2 cloves and call me in the morning' (said the dentist....)

Edited by AnneLine

xTrishaxLynnx

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i]"We are shining, and we will never be afraid again." [/i][/font]:)

xTrishaxLynnx

Now that I've finally been hearing back from some companies who want to interview me, my grandmother has decided she won't be able to live without me and is trying to guilt me into staying here to take care of her. She called me, all panicked and said "I'll need you here, don't take a job anywhere else until you try staying with us."

Ugh...

But at least I was right about my grandfather's feelings about the whole thing; he told my grandmother not to put me on the spot like that. He also said I should take a job if it's offered. I'm still dreading going to spend the morning with my grandmother later this week, because I know she's going to, whether directly or indirectly, continue to try to guilt me into staying.

Yeah, it'll be hard. I got reactions a little bit like that from friends and relatives when I wanted to enter seminary, and I know a certain person in my life who likes to play the guilt card daily. Just keep praying and doing what you need to do.

Walkin' on air today. Now if I could just keep my head out of the clouds I'd be able to conquer a whole week of work in a day, but somehow I don't think that's gonna happen. :)