An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trisha's Multifarious Musings

xTrishaxLynnx

xTrishaxLynnx

I know what you mean. :cloud9:

Then again, I'm also extra motivated now because I'm so happy and [i]really[/i] can't wait to get there! :)

Coming up this week: graphics clean-up, relabelling, and touch-up to a bunch of 1960's and 1970's instructional materials for civil engineers.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SaxTEfXF25A/UD0h39PTOAI/AAAAAAAADGA/GkJSlYkOzxE/s800/Screenshot%2520from%25202012-08-28%252012%253A19%253A17.png[/img]

I feel like I've been doing this all day:

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1539273_o.gif[/img]

Being under fire is no fun. Actually pulling off the matrix bullet dodge moves, however, does have a certain gratification to it.

Edited by arfink

And now, at the end of the day, it's time for my achievements list. I've started doing this so I can be encouraged at the end of every day, since earlier I was beating myself up even if I'd done a lot of good things in a day.

Today was about dodging bullets.

1. Dodged an actual physical object (stoplight) which I would have hit because the brakes on my bike broke as I was flying down a hill.
2. Put 2 people's 10 page (!) resumes through the graphics meatgrinder and smashed it all down to within the page limit against all odds and the laws concerning how much text you can fit on a printed page.
3. Saved my boss from a deadline bullet by completing a last-second request far faster than he had any reason to expect.
4. Made it through an unexpected teleconference meeting.
5. Dodged a metaphorical freight train of emotional wierdness.

Yup. I survived the day. Mission accomplished.

xTrishaxLynnx

You're doing great! :cheer: But maybe try to keep your tires on the ground and note where the sprinklers are on your route? :harhar:

My accomplishments today:[list]
[*]Woke up early.[sup]1[/sup]
[*]Visited with and did some work for my grandparents, including taking care of my grandmother for much of the day.
[*]Got a good talk in with my grandfather about life in general when we went out to lunch.
[*]Found a way to tell my grandmother, respectfully (or respectfully enough, I hope...) that when she gives her opinion I will hear it and take it into consideration, but that it does not mean I'm going to rule my life by it.
[*]Remembered to pick my sister up from school.[sup]2[/sup]
[*]Applied for 2 jobs.
[*]Made a fair bit of money today selling old textbooks and whatnot.
[*]Made a list of free college-level courses to take in my spare time once I'm settled in after the move.[sup]3[/sup]
[/list]

[size=3][sup]1[/sup]Yes, that's a big deal for me.[/size]
[size=3][sup]2[/sup]Sad, I know... but actually the only times I've ever forgotten are when my dad would wake me up to ask me to pick her up, but I would not fully wake and then forget immediately.[/size]
[size=3][sup]3[/sup]Some of them even earn college credits and almost all come with certificates upon completion. (:[/size]

I'll just leave this here for you.

[img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/8/22/1345653541275/A-zookeeper-strokes-a-pen-016.jpg[/img]

xTrishaxLynnx

Looking at jobs, see this in description: "Must have a fluent English."

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

TheresaThoma

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1346373757' post='2476482']
Looking at jobs, see this in description: "Must have a fluent English."
[/quote]
Hey that is an important skill. I have run into a few people who don't have that skill.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1346375633' post='2476496']
Hey that is an important skill. I have run into a few people who don't have that skill.
[/quote]

Yeah, like the person who wrote that job description. I bet they have a very fluent English.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1346375633' post='2476496']
[/quote]

Just a few? I thought slave ownership was outlawed quite some time ago... and I don't think I'd have called it a skill. :think: