TheresaThoma Posted August 31, 2012 Posted August 31, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1346373757' post='2476482'] Looking at jobs, see this in description: "Must have a fluent English." [/quote] Hey that is an important skill. I have run into a few people who don't have that skill.
arfink Posted August 31, 2012 Posted August 31, 2012 [quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1346375633' post='2476496'] Hey that is an important skill. I have run into a few people who don't have that skill. [/quote] Yeah, like the person who wrote that job description. I bet they have a very fluent English.
BG45 Posted August 31, 2012 Posted August 31, 2012 You could be the best English speaker at the company?
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 31, 2012 Author Posted August 31, 2012 [quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1346375633' post='2476496'] Hey that is an important skill. I have run into a few people who don't have that skill. [/quote] Just a few? I thought slave ownership was outlawed quite some time ago... and I don't think I'd have called it a skill.
BG45 Posted August 31, 2012 Posted August 31, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1346433608' post='2476755'] Just a few? I thought slave ownership was outlawed quite some time ago... and I don't think I'd have called it a skill. [/quote] I know you were joking and sorry to be a downer but, [url="http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature1/"]more people are enslaved today than before almost every nation outlawed it.[/url]
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 31, 2012 Author Posted August 31, 2012 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1346434868' post='2476769'] I know you were joking and sorry to be a downer but, [url="http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature1/"]more people are enslaved today than before almost every nation outlawed it.[/url] [/quote] In America?That is sad, though... :\
BG45 Posted August 31, 2012 Posted August 31, 2012 Sorry! And no, not in America, though human trafficking is a problem here.When studying for Quals, I remember one researcher for the US Department of Justice named Martinez estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people were being trafficked across international borders every year and 18,000 to 20,000 across America's borders. So here it's less than before it was outlawed, but worldwide...not so much.
arfink Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 I made it through my first confession since being "clean," and it was amesome.Also this: http://www.newadvent.org/bible/psa135.htm
arfink Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 (edited) [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-J_XOd0R9R_I/UEQpVCfoo8I/AAAAAAABx8I/Av0AD_u2guk/w497-h373/52715_700.jpg.gif[/img] This is how fouls happen in soccer. Edited September 3, 2012 by arfink
arfink Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 Soccer players are always "faking" their fouls, but in reality there are invisible snipers shooting imaginary bullets at them.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted September 4, 2012 Author Posted September 4, 2012 So, pretty much didn't do anything productive today except sell a couple of things, do some dishes, and go grocery shopping (FOR LIKE 3 HOURS .) Then I went to play Sequence with a friend and her mom. It was a good day, though I got out of the house - TWICE! Insanity... Also, I rented The Hunger Games on Blu-ray. I waited this long to see it mostly because I'm a bit wary of the possibility that it could change the whole way I pictured the book playing out in my head. But anyway.. I'm gonna watch tomorrow while nobody is home! WOOT! I love movie time where nobody is talking at me while I try to watch lol
arfink Posted September 4, 2012 Posted September 4, 2012 Well, my day was crazy lazy also. I went to see my grampa and gramma today, and had a good time. I didn't even cook anything today, just chillin' until the very end, when my boss decided to call me on the phone and drop a last second project in my lap late at night. But it was a good day.
arfink Posted September 6, 2012 Posted September 6, 2012 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2xp22IYL2uU[/media]
xTrishaxLynnx Posted September 17, 2012 Author Posted September 17, 2012 (edited) Poor thread has been buried on the third page! Oh well... So, thus far today I: --Woke up at 7am --Brought sister to school --Went to cable company office, they weren't open yet, so --Went to grandparents' house --Cleared their yard of fallen branches, etc. --Went back to cable company and picked up new modem --Came home --Ate lunch --Installed new modem for MUCH faster internet... WOOT! --Did some researching on equipment for potential job --Started cleaning bathroom and washed, dried, and folded 4 loads of laundry that piled up Friday and Saturday while I was gone. --Picked sister up from school. --Finished cleaning bathroom Now taking a break... trying not to freak out about getting all the work equipment stuff sorted out. (It's not really working...) Edited September 17, 2012 by xTrishaxLynnx
arfink Posted September 17, 2012 Posted September 17, 2012 You'll get it sorted, sooner or later. One thing at a time. :D And yay for this thread being on the top page again.
arfink Posted September 17, 2012 Posted September 17, 2012 Hey, I found something you'll enjoy. Someone who actually knows Korean (and enough about Korean culture) to dissect our favorite music video. http://mydearkorea.blogspot.com/2012/08/korean-music-psys-gangnam-style-and.html
xTrishaxLynnx Posted September 20, 2012 Author Posted September 20, 2012 Got a new computer for aforementioned potential job! Went to Staples expecting to spend $400+, left with a computer that will do more than fine for under $200 It was on clearance, and has these specs: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/document.jsp?objectID=c03177814&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=5187034&prodTypeId=12454 Only a dual core processor :\ but whatevs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now