xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 27, 2012 Author Posted August 27, 2012 [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1346060270' post='2474825'] You with your tooth and me with my eye! Between us we have at least one horror picture, yes? However, I am going to try to get a few bits of sleep... it's a little earlier on the West Coast.... but I sure hope you feel better! [/quote] Yes, we make quite the pair right now haha! Hope you sleep well!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 27, 2012 Author Posted August 27, 2012 Um, wow... those posts came through... backwards!? I've never seen that trick before!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 27, 2012 Author Posted August 27, 2012 At first I thought the second one hadn't gone through, then I looked on the previous page and there it is, and it says it was posted a full minute before the other.
AnneLine Posted August 27, 2012 Posted August 27, 2012 (edited) Oh... I can answer that (and yes I really AM on the way to bed....) it is what BG and I call the 'ghost' - when a post is at the bottom of the page, it kind of hides behind a post and you don't realize it is in there... and then if someone makes changes to a post, or adds another post, suddently it reappears and then it makes the times all screwy. I adopted the green ghost logo during a time when it was REALLY acting oddly.... I hope this makes sense - my eye is really not seeing quite what it should see... it wants to see a dark room and some covers..... Either that, or both of us aren't seeing straight about now...... take care! heading off now.... Edited August 27, 2012 by AnneLine
AnneLine Posted August 27, 2012 Posted August 27, 2012 (edited) Clove oil - oil of cloves -- or even chewing on a clove (sounds horrible, but....) Anyway, supposedly it was used as a natural anesthetic before there were good dental removal things around.... I don't know if it works or not, but if you have cloves in the kitchen (and don't mind smelling like a ham ready for the oven) chewing on one is suposed to work.... I'd chew on the other side just to be safe..... [url="http://earthnotes.tripod.com/clove.htm"]http://earthnotes.tripod.com/clove.htm[/url] [b][size="2"]For [color="#dc143c"]toothache[/color], clove tea has been used in combination with chamomile or sage; also, a whole clove chewed, or one drop oil of clove being placed in the offending cavity, or the oil used to moisten a small bit of cotton ball and placed within the cavity like a filling. The oil has a long history of use as an antiseptic and topical anesthetic in dentistry.[/size][/b] 'take 2 cloves and call me in the morning' (said the dentist....) Edited August 27, 2012 by AnneLine
arfink Posted August 27, 2012 Posted August 27, 2012 Uh oh. I see I have a new prayer intention already! I hope you feel better soon.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 27, 2012 Author Posted August 27, 2012 [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i]"We are shining, and we will never be afraid again." [/i][/font]
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 28, 2012 Author Posted August 28, 2012 Now that I've finally been hearing back from some companies who want to interview me, my grandmother has decided she won't be able to live without me and is trying to guilt me into staying here to take care of her. She called me, all panicked and said "I'll need you here, don't take a job anywhere else until you try staying with us." Ugh... But at least I was right about my grandfather's feelings about the whole thing; he told my grandmother not to put me on the spot like that. He also said I should take a job if it's offered. I'm still dreading going to spend the morning with my grandmother later this week, because I know she's going to, whether directly or indirectly, continue to try to guilt me into staying.
arfink Posted August 28, 2012 Posted August 28, 2012 Yeah, it'll be hard. I got reactions a little bit like that from friends and relatives when I wanted to enter seminary, and I know a certain person in my life who likes to play the guilt card daily. Just keep praying and doing what you need to do.
arfink Posted August 28, 2012 Posted August 28, 2012 Walkin' on air today. Now if I could just keep my head out of the clouds I'd be able to conquer a whole week of work in a day, but somehow I don't think that's gonna happen.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 28, 2012 Author Posted August 28, 2012 I know what you mean. Then again, I'm also extra motivated now because I'm so happy and [i]really[/i] can't wait to get there!
arfink Posted August 28, 2012 Posted August 28, 2012 Coming up this week: graphics clean-up, relabelling, and touch-up to a bunch of 1960's and 1970's instructional materials for civil engineers. [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SaxTEfXF25A/UD0h39PTOAI/AAAAAAAADGA/GkJSlYkOzxE/s800/Screenshot%2520from%25202012-08-28%252012%253A19%253A17.png[/img]
arfink Posted August 30, 2012 Posted August 30, 2012 (edited) I feel like I've been doing this all day: [img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1539273_o.gif[/img] Being under fire is no fun. Actually pulling off the matrix bullet dodge moves, however, does have a certain gratification to it. Edited August 30, 2012 by arfink
arfink Posted August 30, 2012 Posted August 30, 2012 And now, at the end of the day, it's time for my achievements list. I've started doing this so I can be encouraged at the end of every day, since earlier I was beating myself up even if I'd done a lot of good things in a day. Today was about dodging bullets. 1. Dodged an actual physical object (stoplight) which I would have hit because the brakes on my bike broke as I was flying down a hill. 2. Put 2 people's 10 page (!) resumes through the graphics meatgrinder and smashed it all down to within the page limit against all odds and the laws concerning how much text you can fit on a printed page. 3. Saved my boss from a deadline bullet by completing a last-second request far faster than he had any reason to expect. 4. Made it through an unexpected teleconference meeting. 5. Dodged a metaphorical freight train of emotional wierdness. Yup. I survived the day. Mission accomplished.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 30, 2012 Author Posted August 30, 2012 You're doing great! But maybe try to keep your tires on the ground and note where the sprinklers are on your route? My accomplishments today:[list] [*]Woke up early.[sup]1[/sup] [*]Visited with and did some work for my grandparents, including taking care of my grandmother for much of the day. [*]Got a good talk in with my grandfather about life in general when we went out to lunch. [*]Found a way to tell my grandmother, respectfully (or respectfully enough, I hope...) that when she gives her opinion I will hear it and take it into consideration, but that it does not mean I'm going to rule my life by it. [*]Remembered to pick my sister up from school.[sup]2[/sup] [*]Applied for 2 jobs. [*]Made a fair bit of money today selling old textbooks and whatnot. [*]Made a list of free college-level courses to take in my spare time once I'm settled in after the move.[sup]3[/sup] [/list] [size=3][sup]1[/sup]Yes, that's a big deal for me.[/size] [size=3][sup]2[/sup]Sad, I know... but actually the only times I've ever forgotten are when my dad would wake me up to ask me to pick her up, but I would not fully wake and then forget immediately.[/size] [size=3][sup]3[/sup]Some of them even earn college credits and almost all come with certificates upon completion. (:[/size]
arfink Posted August 30, 2012 Posted August 30, 2012 I'll just leave this here for you. [img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/8/22/1345653541275/A-zookeeper-strokes-a-pen-016.jpg[/img]
AnneLine Posted August 30, 2012 Posted August 30, 2012 ^ Awwwwww.... ARFink and Trisha..... Awwwwwww!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 31, 2012 Author Posted August 31, 2012 (edited) Looking at jobs, see this in description: "Must have a fluent English." Edited August 31, 2012 by xTrishaxLynnx
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now