An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

I rode my bike to the tea shop today, 5 miles round trip. It was a good workout, and I even took the much steeper route home and made it without too much huffing and puffing. :hehe: I finally have things on my bike tuned the way I like, with the exception of the brakes, which are still not quite right. I wanna build myself a pannier bag for my bike that can attach to the frame with velcro. That would be nice. I have a mass-produced one here with the usual spring clips, but it doesn't fit on my frame properly because I don't have the special attachment point that bolts onto the rear wheel axle.

If you won't tell us what you want, ARFink, we'll have to guess.   How about a nice sour cream and green onion cake...?  Huh?

Well, if you really must get me something, I could use new panniers for my bike, and new brake pads. The pannier I used today belongs to my dad, and isn't really suited for my bike. ;) Also, diet coke is good.

Twill keep these in mind, ARFink.  

I can send you some willow switches that you could weave into panniers....

and perhaps some bunion pads you could share with your bike.  

Not sure about your addiction to diet coke...

I wouldn't want to enable you.   ;)

Yes,  :brutebeast: is an :evil: :rabbit: today; ended up having to do something in the middle of the night, and I didn't get my beauty sleep.  :cloud9:

Edited by AnneLine

[media]http://youtu.be/nqD5tMgxH4E[/media]

This is a pretty neat tune, from a video game called Hotline Miami. I don't really suggest anyone play that game, it's rather excessively brutal, but the music is awesome. Fortunately the music is easily separated from the game, thanks to Youtube. :)

If you liked chocolate, we'd fix you a DARK chocolate cake to celebrate.

Since you prefer gummies, here are these for you:

bear+1.JPG

Have a good time!!!!!!

Those fellows look tempting. :eat:

But I've had a big lunch, and I need to wait on having dinner. Perhaps a little reading, and/or a nap.

So, I'm getting myself a (rather expensive) birthday present: a brand new Everdive N8

Everdrive%20N8-360x300.jpg

Yeeeeah. That's an SD-enabled flash cartridge for Famicom. I already have a different brand of flash cartridge for my NES, but the Famicom has better audio and the Everdrive N8 has better support for obscure Japanese games than the NES one has. :)

Edited by arfink

Huh?   what is that?    I don't think it is a South Dakota flash cartridge for a Family-themed convention.   I gather it has to do with computer or gaming equipment.  Can you translate that into basic Geek, please?

Sure. Here goes:

I have one of these, it's a Famicom, which is an old Japanese video game console made by Nintendo. It's kinda famous, and one of the prizes of my video game collection.

famicom_biography3.png

Now, normally you would have a gazillion of these game cartridges, each with it's own game on it, and you load one into the system to play it.

P1070309.jpg

But I don't have many of those. For one thing, I don't live in Japan, so it's not like I can go to the thrift shop and buy them. Importing them is expensive. So I got the Everdrive N8. You download the games onto an SD camera card, load that into the Everdrive, and put it into the Famicom, and you can play any game you want. You can even load multiple games onto it, and pick them out from a menu, so you don't have to swap cartridges all the time. It's super cool. :)

Ahhh... thank you!  the Everdrive N8 sounds like a wonderful birthday present for you!   And your explanation helped a lot!

Well, I made up a new (to me anyway) pasta sauce today. Kinda just messing around. It turned out nicely, and spicy! :)

Chestertonian

Well, I made up a new (to me anyway) pasta sauce today. Kinda just messing around. It turned out nicely, and spicy! :)

I like spicy pasta sauce. Is it tomato based?

It is! It was a very improvised kind of thing, made from canned diced tomatoes, garlic, dried red chili peppers, oregano, and vodka, with salt and pepperof course.