An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

Pope Francis gave a pretty nice little homily on the importance of preaching Christ crucified.

I liked how he talked about the confession of St. Peter...we think of the words of Christ, calling Simon the "rock," but that was only possible because Peter first called Jesus the Christ.

KnightofChrist

Pope Francis gave a pretty nice little homily on the importance of preaching Christ crucified.

Yes, it was! Reminded me of Bishop Sheen's talks about Christ and His Cross.

I am rejoicing like the father of the prodigal son, for I did not have a Pope, and now I do. Now where's that fat calf.

"Where Peter is, there is the church … he who is not with the Pope is not with God, and who desires to be with God must be with the Pope."  Sister Lucia of Fatima

The Vatican released a statment that Pope Francis DID indeed have Francis of Assisi in mind when choosing his name. With that said, I've been enjoying reading all of the different ST Francis lives, De Sales, Rome, Xavier, Paola. Did I miss any?

St. Francis Xavier Cabrini.  :)

http://www.taylormarshall.com/2013/03/traditionalists-and-pope-francis-can-we.html

Now, I don't really like Taylor Marshall, but I'm glad he took the time to call out people:

Way to go, trads! We have been working so hard under the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI to demonstrate that we are not an inbred subculture of angry, hateful, quasi-schismatic, Jansenistic, holier-than-the-Pope Catholics. Everyone thinks that we who attend the 1962 liturgy are judgmental, Pharisaical, and rude (click here for details). And guess what. You just amplified that terrible reputation one hundredfold. It seems that their contrarian words were spoken in the heat of passion - and the stirred up passions are the devils' playground. 

After reading comments on my blog and other blogs (especially Rorate Caeli), I am really embarrassed by it all. I felt obligated to clean up the comment's box on my blog, but fortunately others have done a good job silencing the angry voices.

OnlySunshine

Francis is for boys

Frances is for girls

Indeed!  Frances is part of my name and so many people spell it wrong.  A lot of people want to spell it the masculine way.