An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

Noel's angel

PUHLEASE! You are saying that the Holy Spirit doesn't know how to pick a Shepherd of the Church? Do you think you know more than 2/3 of the elector cardinals? because that is essentially what you are saying. Give thanks to God, and pray for the pope!

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really, let the non Catholics do the criticizing! 

That is OBVIOUSLY what I wrote.... perhaps you would care to read again. I said I didn't really like him. I don't have to like the Pope. He's still the Pope. God is not wrong. Sheesh.

That is OBVIOUSLY what I wrote.... perhaps you would care to read again. I said I didn't really like him. I don't have to like the Pope. He's still the Pope. God is not wrong. Sheesh.

"Thou shalt like the pope."

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

The Vatican released a statment that Pope Francis DID indeed have Francis of Assisi in mind when choosing his name. With that said, I've been enjoying reading all of the different ST Francis lives, De Sales, Rome, Xavier, Paola. Did I miss any?

Evangetholic

Maybe in three years it would be okay to not like the Pope, maybe, but right now? Based on what? Seems imprudent to come out the gate with "I don't like the Pope." At least give him 24 hours.

He's the highest spiritual and temporal authority on the earth no man can judge him.

I find Bl John Paul II to be a model of holiness, but a very confusing theologian (not in a I don't get it way)--what would you think of me if I said "I don't like him." (I do--but I am not a fanboy.)

. . . 

I find Bl John Paul II to be a model of holiness, but a very confusing theologian (not in a I don't get it way)--what would you think of me if I said "I don't like him." (I do--but I am not a fanboy.)

I would be okay with that. You can even like or dislike certain saints.

Evangetholic

I would be okay with that. You can even like or dislike certain saints.

Well you don't hold to Holy Church's dogmatic statements about the Papacy, so...

Maybe in three years it would be okay to not like the Pope, maybe, but right now? Based on what? Seems imprudent to come out the gate with "I don't like the Pope." At least give him 24 hours.

Initial impressions are hard to fathom sometimes, but who knows maybe she will warm up to him over time.

Noel's angel

I didn't particularly like John Paul II, either. Guess I'm going to Hell.

And I'd be quite happy if my opinion changes and I grow to like him as much as I liked Benedict.

Edited by Noel's angel

Evangetholic

Initial impressions are hard to fathom sometimes, but who knows maybe she will warm up to him over time.

jorge-mario-bergoglio-will-now-be-known-

Who couldn't like this face? He looks kind. And gentle. Like a bunny.

My Pope. Good Pope. Mine.