An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

Rather than having any fear or worries about his papacy, I think I'll just pray for him and hope for the best!

:pray:

Even if - God forbid - he was a bad pope (and I am not saying that he is or will be), the Church will survive. After all, the Church has survived bad popes, patriarchs, bishops, priests, deacons, and lay people before, so I have no doubt she will continue to do so. There is no reason to fear, God is in charge, not man.

Edited by Apotheoun

DiscerningCatholic

He's adorable. He looks like Josemaria Escriva. That seagull on the Sistine chimney knew something we didn't.

He's adorable. He looks like Josemaria Escriva. That seagull on the Sistine chimney knew something we didn't.

I think he looks a little like Pope Paul VI.

He was obviously a Jesuit gull.

That's exactly what I thought! And St. Josemaria Escriva is one of my favorite saints  :love:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3RJK0yULkCY#![/media]

Well, no doubt my Orthodox friends will be picking on me soon. They love to send me videos of clown masses, masses with women dancing, and people moving around on roller skates. It really makes my job of trying to overcome ecclesial division a lot harder.

Stop being a Negative Nellie.

I don't think Mortify is trying to be negative, and I am sure he believes that the Church will continue on in spite of the weird things that go on in many liturgies. It is sad that such things happen, and it really does harm the faith, but God will provide a solution to these problems when the time is right.

I didn't say anything negative, it's just one example of a Mass he presided over

If that's the worst thing he's ever done, I think the Church will survive.

IcePrincessKRS

Stop being a Negative Nellie.

I figure there will always be a few people who freak out a little over whoever the new Pope is. Last time around we had people saying Benedict was scary and had evil in his eyes.

I figure there will always be a few people who freak out a little over whoever the new Pope is. Last time around we had people saying Benedict was scary and had evil in his eyes.

Why can't we just have some time of rejoicing? We have a father who loves and prays for us. Rest with that.

I agree.

I didn't say anything negative, it's just one example of a Mass he presided over

My Orthodox friends have sent me links to videos of even worse masses. Latin America seems to be prone to bad masses (see the Aparecida liturgical videos in particular).