An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

Evangetholic

I didn't particularly like John Paul II, either. Guess I'm going to Hell.

Fine. Dislike the Pope. 

Do you like processed cheese? I have a reputation as a bit of a foodie, but honestly, it's growin' on me.

Yes. And her interactions with East (who in the case of the Orthodox are in schism) are also very "irenic."

The difference is that Protestant communities are not Churches; while Eastern (and Oriental) Orthodox Churches are real Churches with real sacraments. Pope Benedict made that clear even back when he was only a prefect in the Roman Curia.

You probably do not know this, but as an Eastern Catholic I can get permission from my eparch to attend Orthodox Churches if there is no Byzantine Catholic Church in my general area.

537481_10200250454996491_96915122_n.jpg

Pope on a bus.

He looks about as bored as me when I ride BART to San Francisco.   :hehe2:

Evangetholic

1. The difference is that Protestant communities are not Churches; while Eastern (and Oriental) Orthodox Churches are real Churches with real sacraments. Pope Benedict made that clear even back when he was only a prefect in the Roman Curia.

2. You probably do not know this, but as an Eastern Catholic I can get permission from my eparch to attend Orthodox Churches if there is no Byzantine Catholic Church in my general area.

1. I'm team "est" not team "subsistit in," so I'll go ahead and piss off a number of people here by saying I consider that whole line of reasoning from the Post-Conciliar Church to be near heresy. Yes I do recognize the validty of Orthodox Sacraments and feel a stronger sense of brotherhood with them than with Protestants.

2. I do know that. It seems like more of that post-Conciliar sharing in sacred things though (save only when the approach is done in danger of death).

3. *Babytrad squirm*

I didn't particularly like John Paul II, either. Guess I'm going to Hell.

And I'd be quite happy if my opinion changes and I grow to like him as much as I liked Benedict.

You understand why there's a strong negative reaction, right? These people were all excited to get a new pope, and you're coming in like Tard the Cat. You deserve the crap you're getting, even if you're entitled to your opinion.

Evangetholic

He looks about as bored as me when I ride BART to San Francisco.   :hehe2:

I don't understand why people won't love my pope, at least until he proves himself unlovable. At which point he'll still need to be obeyed.

FutureSister2009

GOD BLESS OUR POPE, GOD BLESS OUR POPE, GOD BLESS OUR POPE THE GREAT THE GOOD!

And happy happy birthday to me, thank you cardinals for a great birthday!

When Benedict was elected, it was a friend of mine's birthday and she got mad because he took her mom's attention away from her.

Noel's angel

You understand why there's a strong negative reaction, right? These people were all excited to get a new pope, and you're coming in like Tard the Cat. You deserve the croutons you're getting, even if you're entitled to your opinion.

I can see why there would be a strong negative reaction if what I had written had been misinterpreted.