An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

FutureSister2009

bergoglio-300-rtr1l5sf.jpg

Ahh this makes me so happy! Just like those pictures of JPII and Benny! :heart:  :pope3:  :love:

I can see why there would be a strong negative reaction if what I had written had been misinterpreted. 

Really.

Am I the only person that doesn't like him?

He said this:  "One does not remain faithful, like the traditionalists or the fundamentalists, to the letter," and I don't like it.

I have a vision of him selling off the Sistine Chapel and building a soup kitchen with the money.

Come on.

jorge-mario-bergoglio-will-now-be-known-

Who couldn't like this face? He looks kind. And gentle. Like a bunny.

My Pope. Good Pope. Mine.

To me, he looks like a classic Italian Pope.  haha, interesting how they were able to have Latin America in one way but kind of return to Italian Popes in another way.

1. I'm team "est" not team "subsistit in," so I'll go ahead and piss off a number of people here by saying I consider that whole line of reasoning from the Post-Conciliar Church to be near heresy. Yes I do recognize the validty of Orthodox Sacraments and feel a stronger sense of brotherhood with them than with Protestants.

2. I do know that. It seems like more of that post-Conciliar sharing in sacred things though (save only when the approach is done in danger of death).

3. *Babytrad squirm*

And you accuse me of picking and choosing what to believe and what not to believe. It is pretty clear that "subsistit in" is the official doctrinal position of the Roman Church as it concerns ecclesiology. Well at least I am being faithful to the teaching of my sui juris Church. 

metania_icon.gif?attachauth=ANoY7coTxcVo

Noel's angel

What? It was my initial reaction to him. I was disappointed, but I'm not saying I know better than God or the Cardinals. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I'd like that. He's the Pope, the only one we have, and that's fine with me. I don't have to want to cuddle him.

Evangetholic

To me, he looks like a classic Italian Pope.  haha, interesting how they were able to have Latin America in one way but kind of return to Italian Popes in another way.

Most Argentines are part Italian. I think he's "100%."  I also dig the nexus of traditio and modernity.

I don't understand why people won't love my pope, at least until he proves himself unlovable. At which point he'll still need to be obeyed.

My comment was not about the new pope or his personality; instead, it was a commentary on the nature of public transportation, which is inherently boring to use.

What? It was my initial reaction to him. I was disappointed, but I'm not saying I know better than God or the Cardinals. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I'd like that. He's the Pope, the only one we have, and that's fine with me. I don't have to want to cuddle him.

Nobody asked you to cuddle.

You said something negative in front of a bunch of happy people. It pissed them off. If you didn't want a reaction, you should have just kept your yap shut.

Noel's angel

Nobody asked you to cuddle.

You said something negative in front of a bunch of happy people. It pissed them off. If you didn't want a reaction, you should have just kept your yap shut.

Be pissed off, I don't care. I didn't moan about anyone 'giving me crap'.

Evangetholic

And you accuse me of picking and choosing what to believe and what not to believe. It is pretty clear that "subsistit in" is the official doctrinal position of the Roman Church as it concerns ecclesiology. Well at least I am being faithful to the teaching of my sui juris Church. 

metania_icon.gif?attachauth=ANoY7coTxcVo

Apo I've never accused you of picking and choosing. Never have and probably never will--because it's not what I believe about you. If subsitit in means est--and I think it does, insofar the Church still refers to herself as unambiguously being the Church Jesus founded--then I can assent to it, if it means anything else then I don't see how it's "kosher." The supposition that the Church somehow needs the separated east to be herself seems highly problematic for Catholic ecclesiology. The Orthodox believe both you and I are heretics.

Be pissed off, I don't care. I didn't moan about anyone 'giving me croutons'.

Don't worry, you can't make everybody happy.

Evangetholic

My comment was not about the new pope or his personality; instead, it was a commentary on the nature of public transportation, which is inherently boring to use.

I was trying to reply to the pic not your comment Apo. :p

I was trying to reply to the pic not your comment Apo. :P

My mistake. No worries.   :dance5: