An Old School Catholic Message Board

Doctor Who!

Basilisa Marie

So....

[spoiler]The disowned personality is the next Doctor?  I hope we don't grimdark the series trying to be gritty.[/spoiler]

UGH! Half of me wants to click that spoiler button!! And the other half would destroy me if I did!

[spoiler]some people have suggested that this isn't the next doctor, but that he is actually the one who ended the time war and we're going to see what happened.  they could easily argue away the numbering of the doctors because 11 said he wasn't "a doctor" because of what he had done (or make him an older version of Paul McGann?).  of course if you altered the numbering like that, then they'll have to deal with the 12 regeneration issue with the doctor after Matt Smith, but I think they'll be able to just easily gloss over that with some simple explanation.

clearly 11 knows what he's done, so this is either the doctor that ended the time war, or the valeyard who the doctor's seen before, or else 11 saw into his own future in the time stream (I had thought of it as him pulling clara out in his own time though, so he wouldn't have gone forward like that)

I hope we get to see the time war with this guy.  it really looks like it to me, "what I did I did without choice" "but you didn't do it in the name of the doctor!"--it's gotta be something bad, and 11 has to already know about it...

[/spoiler]

Basilisa Marie

[spoiler]John Hurt is the Doctor that ended the Time War. I can say this with 90% certainty. This means he comes between 8 and 9, making Matt Smith the 12th Doctor.[/spoiler]

Edited by Basilisa Marie

YOU PEOPLE!

Still havent looked at anything!

IM A MASTER OF SELF CONTROL

Edited by CrossCuT

Basilisa Marie

You really don't want to spoil yourself for this one.  I did, and even though it was still FANTASTIC, I didn't have a ridiculous jaw-dropping experience. :) Don't rob yourself of that! Go watch it! :)

Finally watched it.

And yes, Im pretty sure that dude was a rejected version of the doctor. He was the real 9th doctor, not Christopher Eccleston. However because he did something terrible he isnt worthy of the name the Doctor and regenerated RIGHT after to become Christopher Eccleston

He is what the Doctor is afraid of..himself basically...the thing he fears the most. The one terrible thing he did in his past was use the "moment" to destroy all Daleks and Time Lords in the battle

no spoiler tags for the sake of others?

It's okay. I only watched Dr. Who when Tom Baker played the role.

For those of you who are big David Tennant fans (Doctor #10), he is staring in a new BBC detective show called "Broadchurch" along with the actor who played Rory.

It looks cool! Especially if you have David cravings  :hehe2: