An Old School Catholic Message Board

Doctor Who!

Basilisa Marie

Basilisa Marie

Crosscut:

Without being spoilery, you're right about what happened, but we ended seventh series before "stuff" got put back together again, if you know what I mean. I'm assuming they'll resolve it in the 50th, which I'm guessing is what Ten and Rose and John Hurt are going to be in it.  

Peter Capaldi is the last incarnation of the Doctor, and Moffat has said that they're going to deal with that problem during his run.  

Crosscut:

Without being spoilery, you're right about what happened, but we ended seventh series before "stuff" got put back together again, if you know what I mean. I'm assuming they'll resolve it in the 50th, which I'm guessing is what Ten and Rose and John Hurt are going to be in it.  

Peter Capaldi is the last incarnation of the Doctor, and Moffat has said that they're going to deal with that problem during his run.  

Moffat....that makes me worried (his self-confidence scares me for some reason).

However, what if the BBC (Dr. Who team, Moffat, whomever) only said that Peter Capaldi is the new doctor just for us to stop looking into who the next doctor will be.

I concluded that because people won't look for something they already know. They made a the huge announcement and had Capaldi in on it. With Capaldi being a life long fan, he is trust worthy enough to keep quite and play the charade of the next doctor. So when the regeneration comes we all get our minds BLOWN!

CatholicsAreKewl

Oh sad day! :(

Whats gonna happen next? Is it all finally over for Doctor Who?

How about the Doctor's daughter? 

I concluded that because people won't look for something they already know. They made a the huge announcement and had Capaldi in on it. With Capaldi being a life long fan, he is trust worthy enough to keep quite and play the charade of the next doctor. So when the regeneration comes we all get our minds BLOWN!

I pray that's the case. This man is too old. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Basilisa Marie

Moffat....that makes me worried (his self-confidence scares me for some reason).

However, what if the BBC (Dr. Who team, Moffat, whomever) only said that Peter Capaldi is the new doctor just for us to stop looking into who the next doctor will be.

Lol, I don't think even Moffat's that evil.  They made a big production out of the announcement, with a half hour show and everything.  

Moffat's self-confidence isn't just that, it's blind arrogance inflated with power.  He's basically immune to taking negative criticism, he never got any when he worked under Davies and now he's the god of the show.  I wouldn't have a problem with that if he didn't have such a problem with making every woman he writes a "Bond girl" - sexy and extraordinary, and his favorite plot devices (reset the universe, only have everything make sense at the very end of the series, etc) didn't interfere so much with the basic storytelling.  I think he's great as an episode writer, but as a showrunner his big, season-arching plots just try to fit too much into them.  One-off or Two-Part episodes really let his writing style shine.  

Basilisa Marie

The actress who plays Jenny, the Doctor's daughter is busy being married to David Tennant. :)  Moffat isn't interested in bringing her character back, even though he made sure that she didn't die in her episode so that he could have the freedom to bring her back if he wanted. 

But Moffatt is like every other producer, save for John Nathan Turner who took it reluctantly if dvd extras (actor's interviews) are to be believed. The writers can make stuff up as they go along. The ancient "Rassilion" who discovered time travel limited the Time Lords to 12 regenerations, no?

Writers make it up as they go along. Dr. Who will go as long as it's popular, right? So no worries there... :) 

As for Georgia Moffat (The 5th Doctor's biological daughter who married Tenant), it was argued that there are too many spinoffs with "Torchwood" and the "Sarah Jane Adventures." to be giving her a series of her own. There seem to be many theories behind what goes on. Moffatt wanted it to be the Doctor's mother but said it could be Romana after fans got excited when the Time Lords returned. It feels like anything can be rewritten when popular opinion weighs in. 

But I don't read much on it, my brothers send me links. :)